What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good day GW..both bean and pea soup are very good.
I still have a ham bone with meat in the freezer. We particularly like yellow pea soup, made they way the French Canadians do.

My first experience with tarragon(45yrs ago) was such a debacle that I still can't season with it.
I made Chicken Kiev and it was heavily flavoured with tarragon, it was way too strong, it ruined me.
Good day OM! I first tried it in melted butter poured over broccoli. I really like it in a split pea and ham soup but haven't tried in in anything else yet.
They look cute, do they bite?
They don't bite and are just noisy. They are easy to catch by hand if you don't mind climbing.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
All is well in the house today. Dutch is laying in here with me in the living room and Ivan has been laying out by the back porch door. The soup has been made and I’ll have it for dinner tonight with some toasted French baguettes with some Greyere cheese melted on top. We have some very loud thunder boomers working their way inland and I don’t think Dutch is very happy about that… With all of his training, disarming the bad guy when he was younger, you would think gunfire wouldn’t be an issue, but he wants no part of that or the thunder boomers

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All is well in the house today. Dutch is laying in here with me in the living room and Ivan has been laying out by the back porch door. The soup has been made and I’ll have it for dinner tonight with some toasted French baguettes with some Greyere cheese melted on top. We have some very loud thunder boomers working their way inland and I don’t think Dutch is very happy about that… With all of his training, disarming the bad guy when he was younger, you would think gunfire wouldn’t be an issue, but he wants no part of that or the thunder boomers
Heidi Ho was the only one of our shepherds that wasn't bothered by thunder and the only one I used to take bench and trap shooting.

Miss Layla is seriously bothered by it and comes to my side of the bed for a hug and reassurance.

Here is Heidi Ho's picture, our smartest and best trained pup yet and the picture I use for my home PC screen saver:

Heidi Ho.jpg

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Heidi Ho was the only one of our shepherds that wasn't bothered by thunder and the only one I used to take bench and trap shooting.

Miss Layla is seriously bothered by it and comes to my side of the bed for a hug and reassurance.

Here is Heidi Ho's picture, our smartest and best trained pup yet and the picture I use for my home PC screen saver:

View attachment 19021369
now thats a glamour shot!
she is a looker!

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
now thats a glamour shot!
she is a looker!
She was a god looking pup, but a herding dog breeding vis a vis show dog.

She was stocky and weighed 105 lbs at maturity. Her wrists were as big as Grayfox's and her butt was squared off into a "carp back" instead of sloped.

She was the dog who trained us as we ostensibly trained her.

My wife had that picture done in a studio and gave it me on my birthday to hang in my office at work.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
She was a god looking pup, but a herding dog breeding vis a vis show dog.

She was stocky and weighed 105 lbs at maturity. Her wrists were as big as Grayfox's and her butt was squared off into a "carp back" instead of sloped.

She was the dog who trained us as we ostensibly trained her.

My wife had that picture done in a studio and gave it me on my birthday to hang in my office at work.
yeah show dogs are a whole nuther thing
but i like that dog
ears perked up, she looks like she has the smartz!
how is her food drive!
ive learned a lot from dogs too

imiubu

Is a circada a cricket type grasshopper thing?

We get grasshoppers here, my pup plays with them, as he does woodlice and spiders.

He gets very upset when they die.

He's just a kinda one love hippy dog. Unless he sees them staffy terriers who have wanted to kill him since he was a puppy on his walk down the lane... then I have trouble with the 30kg idiot. He's built like a kangaroo on his back end, the power he can put into a lunge is amazing.
But as soon as he's passed them on the lane, he turns for a sniff and his tail is wagging. Just a nervous response, but their owner won't stop for a chat to let him know they're fine really.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah show dogs are a whole nuther thing
but i like that dog
ears perked up, she looks like she has the smartz!
how is her food drive!
ive learned a lot from dogs too
She had a good appetite but wasn't driven by food.

If you handed her a filet mignon, she would first sniff it before taking it gently. We used to joke about her worrying about us trying to poison her.