What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Any bowyers?

hfm

Nice healthy looking bucks in your area.
This is the one I'm after

1000019386.jpg
1000019385.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i have to dodge the dang things while driving here. i could kill my antlerless quota by being "slow on the brake pedal", but that is hard on grills and front quarter panels/hoods etc... but, no. aint got my bow out to practice yet. :(

hfm

i have to dodge the dang things while driving here. i could kill my antlerless quota by being "slow on the brake pedal", but that is hard on grills and front quarter panels/hoods etc... but, no. aint got my bow out to practice yet. :(
We have the same issues driving here. Like moths to a lightbulb, drawn out and dumbfounded. I went and sat a couple hides, but it was so hot and the skeeters were terrible both times. Skeeter proof clothing now there's an idea worth something.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
bow season opens here Saturday morning. i prefer sitting afternoons until full dark, but my Vols will be kicking it off against Oklahoma at 7:30, so ... 🏈 or🦌 :shucks:

hfm

bow season opens here Saturday morning. i prefer sitting afternoons until full dark, but my Vols will be kicking it off against Oklahoma at 7:30, so ... 🏈 or🦌 :shucks:
Thats rad! I got busted in the almost dark last night.Had a bug net on which makes seeing anything difficult during the last half hour of visibilty and a little weaner snuck in behind me, all I heard was a couple leaves crunch and a bunch of sniffing,turned to look and realized I was outlined and in full view of a wide eyed little doe. She scurried of in bounds and never snort/weezed at me.
Enjoy your foosball ;)

hfm

Whatever you decide to do enjoy the day ;)

I've got them drinking in the same place every evening.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
acorns/food are everywhere, but water? it's a more concentrated commodity. if you've got their watering hole staked out, life (for you) could be good. :good:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i STILL haven't gone into the woods to hunt. a couple of years ago, i watched park rangers here trying to find a fawn one of their captive does had given birth to...in late September! :oops: if i shot a doe, and then saw a tiny fawn chasing after her as she ran, i'd probably quit hunting. so, these days, i'm waiting until i am pretty sure that the fawns are all weaned... i could go and only try for a buck, but this early it is a crap shoot...

hfm

acorns/food are everywhere, but water? it's a more concentrated commodity. if you've got their watering hole staked out, life (for you) could be good. :good:
Then it started raining ;) hahaha
i STILL haven't gone into the woods to hunt. a couple of years ago, i watched park rangers here trying to find a fawn one of their captive does had given birth to...in late September! :oops: if i shot a doe, and then saw a tiny fawn chasing after her as she ran, i'd probably quit hunting. so, these days, i'm waiting until i am pretty sure that the fawns are all weaned... i could go and only try for a buck, but this early it is a crap shoot...
If we waited here the season would be over. Seems like lots of early and late cycling doe's, not so much of an average center time.

We had three different orphaned fawns with their spots still, show up and two of them made it. One probably was birthed when mom got hit on the road or something similar but it always had the swollen belly and was really bad off.

Did you know Sloths are weaned or can be in only 30 days?

Latest posts

Latest posts