What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
I have always collected pretty rocks, but have two 5 gallon pails full that are just sitting in storage looking for a rock garden that I've never gotten around to.

Methanol is the big hang over producer and is a biproduct of fruit pectin. Wines and brandies are made from fruit.

If you use pure corn sugar, there is no fruit pectin, so little to no methanol .

If you discard your fore-shot (first product from the run) you can remove any methanol, because if fractionally distills off first at 64.7C/148F and ethanol doesn't boil until 78C/173F.

maybe8 your hearing is off😊?

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Many, maybe most of these rocks were not picked up by me although I have tons not seen here that I picked up myself. I put a label on the underside of them so I can remember where they came from.
View attachment 19015280
here are a couple of samples but I love them all and they came from really cool places

this one from Diego Garcia. A secret squirrel base where we work on US submarines in the Indian Ocean. Not many get access to this beautiful spot. I have many beautiful shells and rocks from this area but this one I display on this shelf

View attachment 19015281
And this one from Iceland. Kinda reminds me of what Iceland looks like and just knowing that my friend picked it up there makes me happy 😊
View attachment 19015282
I do like me some rocks, I have carried loads of rocks back from the beach, they're all around the garden.

I like finding nice little pebbles and doing this with them after a quick tumble in some fine grit...

IMG_3841.jpg

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I would find a use for your beautiful rocks. Maybe you could use them near or in your new front walk.

i also paint rocks for the kids to pick up and trade. This garden is at our driveway so the kids can take, leave or share them…. They are cute out there doing it as I watch from the front window.🥰

View attachment 19015288
That is a very popular thing here in our small town.
Painted rocks hidden all over by a variety of people with different goals and prizes.
Some in town some out onthe walking trails around it.