What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Magu🌈

@Gypsy Nirvana . Good morning all you cool cats! I am awake and feeling good. 🌞 Look at what I found while I was stumbling around the interwebs. 🤪 High Times 1996.
image 4.jpg
image 5.jpg

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I dont see the vaccines being the problem. People need to limit their contact with each other as much as possible. My mom was 90 years old and we live in a very rural area so we kept her safe by limiting the people that we would allow to come to the house. It worked for 3 years until one of her relatives started showing up with people and telling her that covid 19 was a hoax and it didnt exist. They began having family dinners. Shortly, there after, we all caught covid and my mother died. ☹️
I'm sorry to hear that, I did the first two shots just to be sure but I think the main reason I've avoided Covid is because, like your Mom I kept mainly to myself and when I am around others I'm not getting up close and personal or having physical contact. My wife went more like your Mother, except in my wife's case something else took her out of her safe environment and put her in the hospital. Then while there she had this one nurse tending her that was sick but felt she couldn't afford to lose the money to call in sick. The nurse convinced herself she wasn't infected with covid because her symptoms were so mild (she was young). Unfortunately my wife was infected and passed just before the vaccines were first being released so they were never even an option for her.

Unca Walt

420club
The thing I see wrong with vaccines aren't the vaccines themselves but that many doctors and pharmacies want to load you up all at once. I did the two original C-19 shots but none of the boosters since. Also being in my 60's they're telling me I should get my pnuemoia vaccines, and in the fall the flu shot. Also since I had chicken pox as a child (pre-requisit to shingles) and I'm in my 60's they say I should get that vaccine too. Now my doctors office only does the flu shot these days so i usually get that every year there. I've talked all the other shots over with my doctor and she stresses to do then one at a time and wait a week or two inbetween for the next one. When I go to my pharmacy they tell me they can do all of them but they would rather give them to me all at once rather then one at a time. On this I trust my doctor more so when the pharmacy tells me it's perfectly fine to do them all at once it makes me uneasy and I end up not doing any of them (except the flu shot which I get at my doctors office.)
I just gotta smile, HempKat. Your gripe is spot on in my case. I remember being in a long line of GI's with Shot Records in hand, getting jabbed one after another as rapidly as possible.

They used the same needle. On everybody in line.

Lucky me. I was behind the guy that got the needle BENT before it went in, it was so dull. They hadda change it.

But not before completing the misery of the pore bastage ahead of me with another shot.

I haven't taken any preventative shot in over 60 years.

Unca Walt

420club
Zig has strong prey drive. He didn’t eat the rat he killed a couple weeks back though. He too loves for the chase. We have a family of killdeers that seem to like to taunt him. The sheer joy he has chasing after them as they stay a couple yard ahead of him is awesome to watch. I will get some video of it. My wife freaked the other evening when he took off after one but admitted it was entertaining for her and Zig and also the killdeer. They will land on one side of a chain link fence once they have him tired and chirp at him. 😂
I love killdeer. They will actually nest in gravel. That is how I found out about them 'way back in the Olden Days.

I was just wandering along and saw an egg that looked like a rock in a small ring of rocks. And off to my right was a bird with its wing up and back, looking broken.

It chirped and hopped. I've seen dove do the same to protect a nest. So I waved and backed away.

oldfogey8

I love killdeer. They will actually nest in gravel. That is how I found out about them 'way back in the Olden Days.

I was just wandering along and saw an egg that looked like a rock in a small ring of rocks. And off to my right was a bird with its wing up and back, looking broken.

It chirped and hopped. I've seen dove do the same to protect a nest. So I waved and backed away.
We have watched this nesting pair for 3 years. They build their gravel nest in a schoolyard close to our house. The camouflage when the hen is sitting on the eggs is incredible. If she doesn’t move, you won’t know she is there. This years hatchlings were decimated by a group of ravens that have claimed the area unfortunately. They had 4 but only one has survived. The ‘injured’ male is an incredible rouse. He will lead people and dogs away from the nesting female. Now that the remaining hatchling is mobile(I haven’t seen it fly yet but I suspect it can), it seems like the male just likes to taunt my dog. 😂 Even when we are nowhere near the female and their offspring, he will lure us into a sports field so he can get my dog to give chase when I let him off leash. I only let Zig off of the leash when I can see(or hear) thst the female(and thus the young killdeer) are not in the field since I know Zig doesn’t have a prayer of catching it.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sister women!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Yet another gaugus day in PNW Paradise, starting at 56F and predicted to reach 78F.

Tis the season for drains. One of our tenants called to report a clogged drain, so off to run the power snake this morning. The good news is that the clog is located at the duplex where I store the snake, so no hauling and the tenant is big and burly, so I will let him carry the snake down to the basement cleanout.

SubGirl

420club
It's a BIG glass... . 😅

I'm dehydrated this morning, and I had around half a bottle of rioja with the wife yesterday evening. Alcohol does do it to me.
But we've decided we don't really need to be drinking anymore, we both feel ill in the mornings after a glass or two. But a bottle always lands in the shopping trolley when doing the Saturday shop.
I do like a cold bottle of beer if the sun is shining and my chores are done though. I'd drink more fizzy drinks but our daft government have put sugar taxes on them so to get around this the manufacturers are filling them with sweeteners and, well sweeteners act like laxatives.
We found this out as school children, we used to buy some sugar free mints on the way to school in the mornings, scoff them and be farting in class all day for the giggles.

I can't risk any kinda sucralose fart these days.

:whee:
Sugar tax?

BrassNwood

Veteran
Take 3 capsules when I get up (04:00) by the time I get back from the shower I'm well into the burn. A few minutes into my morning net walkabout it reaches max throttle, and it all gets distant. Feels like my arms are 4 feet long and my hands are slow to react due to the length the signals have to travel.

Got that shattered glass kaleidoscope effect at the edges of my vision. Damn BadKats magical mystery hash oil capsules just never get old. If anything, it's more intense it feels since I've stopped toking. 195 mg vs. the 300+ I was taking before the reset.

The hash mini shooters used to be just a light boost. Now they are wicked and deadly little shits and knock the hell out of me. Quitting inhalation altogether is turning out easier than I thought but damn I miss a good toke of Hash. Wanted nice and clear lungs for the surgery but with the second half of that pushed back 3 weeks my self enforced inhalation stoppage isn't going to end anytime soon by the look of things.

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
I got sick and tired of hitting this frickin’ boulder with my lawnmower blade. A tree behind it has been slowly pushing it up over the last 20 years so I began to dig. And dig. I should have just covered it up with dirt and planted grass seed but hindsight is 20/20.
View attachment 19015030
View attachment 19015031
I’m guessing it probably weighs 500+ lbs. Way, way outa my weight class. Snapped a piece of wood I tried to use as a pry bar so I cut an angle out of a 2x4 and using a bunch of other rocks, jimmied the bastard out of the hole onto some plywood. Now I need to figure out what to do with it. New England and rocky soil go hand in hand. Zig helped… View attachment 19015033
My wife thinks I have rocks in my head, not just the yard… View attachment 19015034 View attachment 19015035 View attachment 19015036
Drill holes, pour water in, add dry ice and step away while the rock breaks

SubGirl

420club
Good morning brothers and sister women! View attachment 19015212 View attachment 19015213

Yet another gaugus day in PNW Paradise, starting at 56F and predicted to reach 78F.

Tis the season for drains. One of our tenants called to report a clogged drain, so off to run the power snake this morning. The good news is that the clog is located at the duplex where I store the snake, so no hauling and the tenant is big and burly, so I will let him carry the snake down to the basement cleanout.
You will be ready for your nap after all that. Don’t hurt yourself…🥰