What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Littleleaf

Veteran
It's a BIG glass... . 😅

I'm dehydrated this morning, and I had around half a bottle of rioja with the wife yesterday evening. Alcohol does do it to me.
But we've decided we don't really need to be drinking anymore, we both feel ill in the mornings after a glass or two. But a bottle always lands in the shopping trolley when doing the Saturday shop.
I do like a cold bottle of beer if the sun is shining and my chores are done though. I'd drink more fizzy drinks but our daft government have put sugar taxes on them so to get around this the manufacturers are filling them with sweeteners and, well sweeteners act like laxatives.
We found this out as school children, we used to buy some sugar free mints on the way to school in the mornings, scoff them and be farting in class all day for the giggles.

I can't risk any kinda sucralose fart these days.

:whee:
Something I lernt about distilling is, when you ferment fruit juices/sugars. It produces acetone and methanal and other alcohols . Wines are just fermented fruit and not distilled. It still has them in it. The higher amount of them the more hangover you get.

Good clean moonshine has no hangover headache.
I have 2 troybuilt walk behinds and 2 front tine tillers. I used one of the troybuilt on the garden to mix the chit in. It kicked my asss fighting it.... I'm doing a second till with the front tine tiller as it digs deeper than the troys. To me the front tine tillers are easer to use but take longer to till the same area. They don't drag you along thus no fighting it as hard. That's what hurt me.....

I get those micro tillers all the time for repairs. They are good for weeding but not a deep till.

Looks like we might get a little rain... OH the HUMIDITY!!!! 73% atm

basil.jpg

The stud
stud.jpg

BrassNwood

Veteran
I love rocks. I have an inside Collection displayed from all over the world. If someone I know is going somewhere cool, I ask them to bring me a rock. I have quite a collection now and love them 🥰

Not a bad place to start. Lists collection sites in all 50 states if I recall. Makes your pickups more interesting.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Sugar tax?
Yup, the government impose a levy on drinks containing over certain amounts of sugar.

Everything is now full of sweeteners and tastes awful to me.
My fave used to be Doctor Pepper... utterly destroyed now with sweeteners.
I picked up some sarsaparilla cordial that I used to like, had a glass of that this morning and yup, that's full of sweeteners too.
I may try making my own, 1kg of sarsaparilla root is about £50 here... Would you happen to know how much I need to make a litre?
Another drink I miss is the McDogfood's root beer they use to do, ah man I loved that TCP kinda flavour in it.

jokerman

Premium user
It's a BIG glass... . 😅

I'm dehydrated this morning, and I had around half a bottle of rioja with the wife yesterday evening. Alcohol does do it to me.
But we've decided we don't really need to be drinking anymore, we both feel ill in the mornings after a glass or two. But a bottle always lands in the shopping trolley when doing the Saturday shop.
I do like a cold bottle of beer if the sun is shining and my chores are done though. I'd drink more fizzy drinks but our daft government have put sugar taxes on them so to get around this the manufacturers are filling them with sweeteners and, well sweeteners act like laxatives.
We found this out as school children, we used to buy some sugar free mints on the way to school in the mornings, scoff them and be farting in class all day for the giggles.

I can't risk any kinda sucralose fart these days.

:whee:
"Realistically farts of any nature have a way of not being completely a fart at times " : Unknown Flatuater

SubGirl

420club
Something I lernt about distilling is, when you ferment fruit juices/sugars. It produces acetone and methanal and other alcohols . Wines are just fermented fruit and not distilled. It still has them in it. The higher amount of them the more hangover you get.

I have 2 troybuilt walk behinds and 2 front tine tillers. I used one of the troybuilt on the garden to mix the chit in. It kicked my asss fighting it.... I'm doing a second till with the front tine tiller as it digs deeper than the troys. To me the front tine tillers are easer to use but take longer to till the same area. They don't drag you along thus no fighting it as hard. That's what hurt me.....

I get those micro tillers all the time for repairs. They are good for weeding but not a deep till.

Looks like we might get a little rain... OH the HUMIDITY!!!! 73% atm

View attachment 19015271

The stud
View attachment 19015275
Love the stud ❤️❤️❤️

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love rocks. I have an inside Collection displayed from all over the world. If someone I know is going somewhere cool, I ask them to bring me a rock. I have quite a collection now and love them 🥰
I have always collected pretty rocks, but have two 5 gallon pails full that are just sitting in storage looking for a rock garden that I've never gotten around to.

Methanol is the big hang over producer and is a biproduct of fruit pectin. Wines and brandies are made from fruit.

If you use pure corn sugar, there is no fruit pectin, so little to no methanol .

If you discard your fore-shot (first product from the run) you can remove any methanol, because if fractionally distills off first at 64.7C/148F and ethanol doesn't boil until 78C/173F.

I think my flatulence may end up being terminal.

Maybe for other members of the house though, the way they act about a bit of a pong sometimes.
The best thing about flatulence at our ages, is though we fart more prolifically, they no longer stink nor are they nearly as loud.

SubGirl

420club
Many, maybe most of these rocks were not picked up by me although I have tons not seen here that I picked up myself. I put a label on the underside of them so I can remember where they came from.
IMG_0068.jpeg

here are a couple of samples but I love them all and they came from really cool places

this one from Diego Garcia. A secret squirrel base where we work on US submarines in the Indian Ocean. Not many get access to this beautiful spot. I have many beautiful shells and rocks from this area but this one I display on this shelf

IMG_0069.jpeg

And this one from Iceland. Kinda reminds me of what Iceland looks like and just knowing that my friend picked it up there makes me happy 😊
IMG_0070.jpeg

SubGirl

420club
I have always collected pretty rocks, but have two 5 gallon pails full that are just sitting in storage looking for a rock garden that I've never gotten around to.

Methanol is the big hang over producer and is a biproduct of fruit pectin. Wines and brandies are made from fruit.

If you use pure corn sugar, there is no fruit pectin, so little to no methanol .

If you discard your fore-shot (first product from the run) you can remove any methanol, because if fractionally distills off first at 64.7C/148F and ethanol doesn't boil until 78C/173F.

The best thing about flatulence at our ages, is though we fart more prolifically, they no longer stink nor are they nearly as loud.
I would find a use for your beautiful rocks. Maybe you could use them near or in your new front walk.

i also paint rocks for the kids to pick up and trade. This garden is at our driveway so the kids can take, leave or share them…. They are cute out there doing it as I watch from the front window.🥰

1717939916732.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts