What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

imiubu

A friend of mine died of tetanus when I was a kid so I have always kept that one up-to-date. His mother was a scumbag and was never the same. That being said, I won’t be getting any vaccines aside from a tetanus shot in the future and it won’t be the DTP. If I can’t get the ‘T’ alone, I won’t get it. I don’t recall if they aspirated the shot at the time but that is theorized to be a big problem with vaccines. They are intended to go into a muscle but if the technician doesn’t aspirate the syringe, the drug can go into the bloodstream and will not be available for the immune system to respond to the deactivated virus. I know a few people who received the shingles jab and they wound up getting shingles. My dog got the bortedella vaccine but had kennel cough when we adopted him. A previous fog was vaccinated for Lyme and tested positive for Lyme! I was never anti-vax but I guess I am now. I wish I could trust vaccines and the medical system as a whole but my experiences in the last decade have made me wary. I was prescribed several heavy duty mental health drugs for me imbalance. Tried them and felt really insane. Any drug that has a side effect stated as one of the possible outcomes that tge drug is prescribed for sounds sketchy at best to me. Aside from a hypertension script I still take, I am drug free now(and I am working on healthy ways to reduce my BP at this point). I don’t consider cannabis to be a drug mind you. I see it as a supplement or maybe more of an intervention. It helps with inflammation and is an excellent analgesic for me. Far better than most analgesics on the market that kill your liver or kidneys. Rant over…
Ditto on all that you've stated here, sans the BP drugs...
still trying to keep that in check naturally.

I do still take levothyroxine for my low functioning thyroid but...
do have an upcoming appt. w/ a naturalistic doc that I recently
found locally... yay.

Recently have been looking into "Red Yeast Rice" as a possible
alternative to the pharma meds given for high BP.
Not sure what I think on it yet as I'm still 'researching' the subject.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
this is a very small section of wall I built up at the cabin...too old to be digging them out of the stream bed...

Attachments

• ellijayvacation08 023.JPG
    ellijayvacation08 023.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 23

Unca Walt

420club
I love rocks. I have an inside Collection displayed from all over the world. If someone I know is going somewhere cool, I ask them to bring me a rock. I have quite a collection now and love them 🥰
@SubGirl -- I do that, too! I picked up a chunk of the Berlin Wall, a piece of the Imperial Palace in Japan, a piece of Windsor Palace... crap like that from all over.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Productive day so far. First not much going on in the grow today so I decided to use GW and HC's advise and clean the last 15 yars. More Shatter coming....I have built up quite a little stash cleaning all these jars.

Then out to the veggie garden. Aerated, weeded and fertilized. Should back plant some of the beans and carrots that didn't come in. Next moving out front to check on the flowers. Everything should be fine except needing some water.

Watching the skies as the storm clouds start to build over the mountains. Might get some baby hail, I hope that is all, but the eastern planes are what has been getting hammered.

Put both Blueberry and Demon Fruit seeds in water today as well. Some of the strains I am growing are gonna get cut from the first team. Also checked with my buddy that used to work at the grow store to see if there is anything that is taking the local market by storm.....time will tell.

imiubu

The thing I see wrong with vaccines aren't the vaccines themselves but that many doctors and pharmacies want to load you up all at once. I did the two original C-19 shots but none of the boosters since. Also being in my 60's they're telling me I should get my pnuemoia vaccines, and in the fall the flu shot. Also since I had chicken pox as a child (pre-requisit to shingles) and I'm in my 60's they say I should get that vaccine too. Now my doctors office only does the flu shot these days so i usually get that every year there. I've talked all the other shots over with my doctor and she stresses to do then one at a time and wait a week or two inbetween for the next one. When I go to my pharmacy they tell me they can do all of them but they would rather give them to me all at once rather then one at a time. On this I trust my doctor more so when the pharmacy tells me it's perfectly fine to do them all at once it makes me uneasy and I end up not doing any of them (except the flu shot which I get at my doctors office.)
This just reminded me...
I stated in an earlier post that I've not had any adverse reactions to vac's.
I now realize that isn't quite factual.

Maybe 30 yrs. ago (?), I succumbed to the hype and had a flu shot.
I'd not been sick nor had the flu in many years but thought... couldn't hurt to be 'protected'.
HA Bullshit!
I was so freaking sick for about a week and worse than any flu I'd had previously, sigh.
Have not had a flu shot since.
I've not had any type of flu symptoms in the years since either.

After I adopted Miss Scooter, I took her in for her vaccines and they did them all at once.
My poor baby was so sick, I thought she might die. The vet's office didn't seem to concerned.
Her feces was black as charcoal, runny and smelled of death for about 5 days.
I called the vet again and cussed her out, stating how irresponsible it is to do such a thing
to an unsuspecting animal, grr.

I then found the vet we currently have.
Scooter gets only 1 vaccine at a time and we've got them spaced out 2 months between.
She's not had any adverse reactions to any when administered singularly thus far, thankfully.

imiubu

That sucks because sucralose at least in my experience is the best zero calorie sweetner for taste. All the alernativa plant based ones like stevia leave that terrible sacchrine (sweet & low) taste in my mouth. Also with a lot of those alternative sweetners there is some sort of negative side effect usually.
It is also proven to be cancer causing, JS.

Have you tried Allulose rather than sucralose?
Maybe... just stop sweets all together? ;)

imiubu

I love rocks. I have an inside Collection displayed from all over the world. If someone I know is going somewhere cool, I ask them to bring me a rock. I have quite a collection now and love them 🥰
Me too haha.

Years ago some friends were heading to Sturgis and asked what I'd like as a souvenir.
I said a ROCK of course :) A cool rock, please.

It seems that we aren't the only folks who love collecting rocks from faraway lands.
They do not allow any rocks to be removed and it is very closely monitored.
Seems enough ppl were filching rocks there that the natural accumulation had
diminished too greatly so, no more rock collecting from The Black Hills & Sturgis, SD.

SubGirl

420club
This just reminded me...
I stated in an earlier post that I've not had any adverse reactions to vac's.
I now realize that isn't quite factual.

Maybe 30 yrs. ago (?), I succumbed to the hype and had a flu shot.
I'd not been sick nor had the flu in many years but thought... couldn't hurt to be 'protected'.
HA Bullshit!
I was so freaking sick for about a week and worse than any flu I'd had previously, sigh.
Have not had a flu shot since.
I've not had any type of flu symptoms in the years since either.

After I adopted Miss Scooter, I took her in for her vaccines and they did them all at once.
My poor baby was so sick, I thought she might die. The vet's office didn't seem to concerned.
Her feces was black as charcoal, runny and smelled of death for about 5 days.
I called the vet again and cussed her out, stating how irresponsible it is to do such a thing
to an unsuspecting animal, grr.

I then found the vet we currently have.
Scooter gets only 1 vaccine at a time and we've got them spaced out 2 months between.
She's not had any adverse reactions to any when administered singularly thus far, thankfully.
That same thing happened to me with the flu shot only over 40 years ago. My momma talked me into getting it. My daddy and I were sick as dogs for well over a week. I had never actually had the flu til that point. I had to move in my momma’s house so she could take care of me. I’ve never got it again and knocking on wood now never since… my new docs say that they are made different now. Not a live virus like then. I still say no way. I’m allergic to too many things to take the chance