What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

Break out the diamond grinding wheel and carve it into a sculpture. That would make it lighter...
It is over the stone wall now. I wish I had that artistic gene but I don’t. I can make some nice walking sticks though but I am only tagging along on Mother Nature’s artwork…
IMG_3520.jpeg

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Wow, that is horrible side effects oldfogey :(

I was told when I went in for the hep b shots that
whooping cough was making a resurgence and due
to aging I may want to consider the DPT as I was also
due for a Tetanus shot. I got the tetanus as I'm a bit
clumsy and like some others here... don't always
think my projects thru ;)

Since I've been lucky (? dunno if luck has anything to do with it all actually)
and have never had adverse reactions to any vaccines... I went ahead w/ the DPT.

Certainly am not going to get any more going further however.
Too many horror stories like yours for me to feel confident in them anymore.
The thing I see wrong with vaccines aren't the vaccines themselves but that many doctors and pharmacies want to load you up all at once. I did the two original C-19 shots but none of the boosters since. Also being in my 60's they're telling me I should get my pnuemoia vaccines, and in the fall the flu shot. Also since I had chicken pox as a child (pre-requisit to shingles) and I'm in my 60's they say I should get that vaccine too. Now my doctors office only does the flu shot these days so i usually get that every year there. I've talked all the other shots over with my doctor and she stresses to do then one at a time and wait a week or two inbetween for the next one. When I go to my pharmacy they tell me they can do all of them but they would rather give them to me all at once rather then one at a time. On this I trust my doctor more so when the pharmacy tells me it's perfectly fine to do them all at once it makes me uneasy and I end up not doing any of them (except the flu shot which I get at my doctors office.)

Last edited:

oldfogey8

the problem with big dogs is the shedding and the amount of food they eat...Ivan is a hog, he'll eat anything in front of him, dead or alive...he lives for the chase...
Zig has strong prey drive. He didn’t eat the rat he killed a couple weeks back though. He too loves for the chase. We have a family of killdeers that seem to like to taunt him. The sheer joy he has chasing after them as they stay a couple yard ahead of him is awesome to watch. I will get some video of it. My wife freaked the other evening when he took off after one but admitted it was entertaining for her and Zig and also the killdeer. They will land on one side of a chain link fence once they have him tired and chirp at him. 😂

BumSplodgeBrownPants

That must be some pretty strong wine for one glass to dehydrate you enough to get cramps, as it's the alcohol that does it. Now beer it boils down to what brand as some are more potent then others. Most average beers are around 5% I think. At 5% or there abouts you're probably taking in enough water in the beer, to offset the dehydration factor. Unless you're a beer guzzling monster that hangs by the keg until it's dry then you're getting enough alcohol to at least give you a throbbing hangover for your efforts, after you pee all that water in the beer out.
It's a BIG glass... . 😅

I'm dehydrated this morning, and I had around half a bottle of rioja with the wife yesterday evening. Alcohol does do it to me.
But we've decided we don't really need to be drinking anymore, we both feel ill in the mornings after a glass or two. But a bottle always lands in the shopping trolley when doing the Saturday shop.
I do like a cold bottle of beer if the sun is shining and my chores are done though. I'd drink more fizzy drinks but our daft government have put sugar taxes on them so to get around this the manufacturers are filling them with sweeteners and, well sweeteners act like laxatives.
We found this out as school children, we used to buy some sugar free mints on the way to school in the mornings, scoff them and be farting in class all day for the giggles.

I can't risk any kinda sucralose fart these days.

:whee:

Magu🌈

I got sick and tired of hitting this frickin’ boulder with my lawnmower blade. A tree behind it has been slowly pushing it up over the last 20 years so I began to dig. And dig. I should have just covered it up with dirt and planted grass seed but hindsight is 20/20.
View attachment 19015030
View attachment 19015031
I’m guessing it probably weighs 500+ lbs. Way, way outa my weight class. Snapped a piece of wood I tried to use as a pry bar so I cut an angle out of a 2x4 and using a bunch of other rocks, jimmied the bastard out of the hole onto some plywood. Now I need to figure out what to do with it. New England and rocky soil go hand in hand. Zig helped… View attachment 19015033
My wife thinks I have rocks in my head, not just the yard… View attachment 19015034 View attachment 19015035 View attachment 19015036
That looks like a perfect spot for a rock garden. 😁 The Universe will provide ! 🌈

Magu🌈

I don't know how legitimate it is or if it's just wishful thinking on the owners part but they now have these pretty big arrays of big buttons that have a word writtten on them and if the dog steps on that button it says that word. So apparently not only are they smart enough to communicate that way but they can read human too. :biggrin: I've seen some people so proud of their dogs that they have a couple of dozen word choices for the dog to work with. I suspect the reality is that the dog just presses buttons until it learns the combination that get's it's pet parent to do what it wants. i bet from the dog's perspective it's them training us :biggrin: "Hey check this out, look what I can make master do when I press these buttons" said one dog to another. :biggrin:
I agree. However, I beleive they pick up on MUCH more than just words and sounds. Sometimes when my dog is sleeping I will look at him and think his name and he will wake up and look at me as if he had heard me speak. 🫣

Magu🌈

The thing I see wrong with vaccines aren't the vaccines themselves but that many doctors and pharmacies want to load you up all at once. I did the two original C-19 shots but none of the boosters since. Also being in my 60's they're telling me I should get my pnuemoia vaccines, and in the fall the flu shot. Also since I had chicken pox as a child (pre-requisit to shingles) and I'm in my 60's they say I should get that vaccine too. Now my doctors office only does the flu shot these days so i usually get that every year there. I've talked all the other shots over with my doctor and she stresses to do then one at a time and wait a week or two inbetween for the next one. When I go to my pharmacy they tell me they can do all of them but they would rather give them to me all at once rather then one at a time. On this I trust my doctor more so when the pharmacy tells me it's perfectly fine to do them all at once it makes me uneasy and I end up not doing any of them (except the flu shot which I get at my doctors office.)
I dont see the vaccines being the problem. People need to limit their contact with each other as much as possible. My mom was 90 years old and we live in a very rural area so we kept her safe by limiting the people that we would allow to come to the house. It worked for 3 years until one of her relatives started showing up with people and telling her that covid 19 was a hoax and it didnt exist. They began having family dinners. Shortly, there after, we all caught covid and my mother died. ☹️

HempKat

Veteran
Was a time not so long ago. That doing this wouldn't hurt me.

Now....ouch!
That's the nature of the beast we call aging. It sneaks up on you gradually and then one day, seemingly out of nowhere, it gets you. You look closely in the mirror and see lines you never noticed before, there seems to be more grey hairs on your head then you remember from the day before and the worst, somewhere while it was sneaking up on you, it tricked you into feeling like you were still the same as you were two decades before.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
It's a BIG glass... . 😅

I'm dehydrated this morning, and I had around half a bottle of rioja with the wife yesterday evening. Alcohol does do it to me.
But we've decided we don't really need to be drinking anymore, we both feel ill in the mornings after a glass or two. But a bottle always lands in the shopping trolley when doing the Saturday shop.
I do like a cold bottle of beer if the sun is shining and my chores are done though. I'd drink more fizzy drinks but our daft government have put sugar taxes on them so to get around this the manufacturers are filling them with sweeteners and, well sweeteners act like laxatives.
We found this out as school children, we used to buy some sugar free mints on the way to school in the mornings, scoff them and be farting in class all day for the giggles.

I can't risk any kinda sucralose fart these days.

:whee:
That sucks because sucralose at least in my experience is the best zero calorie sweetner for taste. All the alernativa plant based ones like stevia leave that terrible sacchrine (sweet & low) taste in my mouth. Also with a lot of those alternative sweetners there is some sort of negative side effect usually.