What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

420club
the problem with big dogs is the shedding and the amount of food they eat...Ivan is a hog, he'll eat anything in front of him, dead or alive...he lives for the chase...
I’m lucky my dogs don’t shed but it does cost a pretty penny at the groomer every couple months. And that dogfood is not cheap either. I cook for Maryjane and add little bags of chicken rice and veggies to her kibble. She’s not food driven at all. Arlo is about 15 lbs heavier and eats anything and everything.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
One has to give them kudos and accolades for their efforts to communicate and appreciate how successful they actually are without speaking our language.
I don't know how legitimate it is or if it's just wishful thinking on the owners part but they now have these pretty big arrays of big buttons that have a word writtten on them and if the dog steps on that button it says that word. So apparently not only are they smart enough to communicate that way but they can read human too. :biggrin: I've seen some people so proud of their dogs that they have a couple of dozen word choices for the dog to work with. I suspect the reality is that the dog just presses buttons until it learns the combination that get's it's pet parent to do what it wants. i bet from the dog's perspective it's them training us :biggrin: "Hey check this out, look what I can make master do when I press these buttons" said one dog to another. :biggrin:

HempKat

Veteran
Depends where I am walking and what I'm doing.

Because of spinal issues I have to wear a shoe that does not let my foot slide around. At home it's ok, but these days if I am out. I like to wear a loafer because I can use a long shoe horn to help me put it on, that's for casual wear. If doing a chore like being on the roof, I wear hiking boots that fit tight.

Nothing that I have to bend over and tie up.
A great little device I've discovered in my old age is this:

rubber shoelaces.jpeg

They're basically rubber shoelaces and once they're set up you just slip them on and off without ever having to tie shoelaces but more importantly they stretch just enough that they hold the shoe firmly to your foot so the show stays on but not so firm that it cuts off circulation causing sore feet. They also flex better with activities like running, climbing, jumping, etc. they only cost about $8 at Walmart for a set of 16 which is enough for a pair of shoes. You can also mix and match colors to add a bit of creativity.

HempKat

Veteran
Somehow I get the feeling I am being made fun of on here.... normally my feelings would be hurt. But, I just had a medical procedure done where the Doc burnt my nerve endings in my back and I don't have any feelings left. Please continue.
Speaking of that how does that procedure seem to be holding up for you? They say it lasts for about a year but for mme I'm noticing on my 2nd one tht the feelings starting to return already. It does come on slowly and a full year is probably what it takes to get fully restored. The 1st time onlt lasted a month before i started to feel it again. They say each time it takes a little longer which seems to be true since this time it last for 2 months before I started feeling it again. I hope one day to reach a point of it lasting at least a year before needing it again.

HempKat

Veteran
For me... Croc's are another example of... just because we can doesn't mean we should :D
They seem to be the fashion rage for years now and I see soooo many ppl wearing them.
They may be in fashion but they got no style!
Or at least, not at all stylish to me anyway.
You know, they got little accessories you can add to bling them out and add functionality to them like they have headlights and decorative lights for them as well as an assortment of charms that can be attached. I don't own any either, I put on my walking shoes whenever I go out and around the house I go mostly barefoot or in slippers when it's cold.

Last edited:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Speaking of that how does that procedure seem to be holding up for you? They say it lasts for about a year but for mme I'm noticing on my 2nd one tht the feelings starting to return already. It does come on slowly and a full year is probably what it takes to get fully restored. The 1st time onlt lasted a month before i started to feel it again. They say each time it takes a little longer which seems to be true since this time it last for 2 months before I started feeling it again. I hope one day to reach a point of it lasting at least a year before needing it again.
Depends on what I do. Heavy work day and it gets to me. But, it is ok quicker now.

Will keep you informed on pain levels in the future.

Last edited:

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I hop those cops get anal raped at rikers...scum bags...
I've had RFA done 3 times...doesn't last long for me, mebbe 4-6 months...as it wears off the aching and throbbing starts to get pretty serious...I'm assuming the bulging discs have a lot to do with my pains...

HempKat

Veteran
Was his name "Dave"? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Cracks me up how they choose Americanized names when Americans
know full and well they're not a... 'Dave'. smfh.

I learned from an ATT Tech years and years ago to request an "on shore tech"
meaning... American shore/ English first language technician I suppose.
It has always worked for me. If insistent enough they will transfer ya to
an 'English first language' CS/ Tech.
It's been my experience that these days it really doesn't matter how good their english is most of them are just operating off a script and they'll tell you stuff like disconnect it then reconnect it (rebooting things basically). Problem is most of us old farts have already been thru that a few times so when there's a problem we do all that stuff first and if it doesn't solve whatever problem then we call the tech. Of course they all want to tell you to do everything that you've already done and when you tell them that you did that already and it didn't help, most of them don't know what to try next. If you're lucky they have tier support, most of the ones you get first are tier 1 but if you can get kicked up to tier 2 or 3 then you're more likely to get someone that actually knows a thing or two.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
I hop those cops get anal raped at rikers...scum bags...

I've had RFA done 3 times...doesn't last long for me, mebbe 4-6 months...as it wears off the aching and throbbing starts to get pretty serious...I'm assuming the bulging discs have a lot to do with my pains...
Yeah if you're like me they're pressing in on your spinal column and thereby bressing on the nerves they do the RFA on. Since they're just block communication but otherwise leaving the bulging disk alone when the nerves heal you're back where you started. I had one nurse who told me how her husband would get them. She never mentioned how many he got in total but she said after about 5 years it was lasting long enough that he could go multiple years inbetween. I'm a bit skeptical it will ever hold that long but that's what I'm hoping for. I'm not sure about Florida but up here in Maryland the insurance will cover it every 6 months but I don't want to have to do it twice a year if I can avoid it. If it gets to where it lasts one whole year then I'll be happy. Providing of course the underlying cause (the bulging disks) don't get worse as I grow older.

kevinn

I’m no doctor but I can tell you this. Once I started spraying this on the soles of my feet my leg cramps just disappeared so I have to say yes it’s effective.

When we’re in crocs, you create your own aura and style. They’re extremely nice shoes to wear around the yard if you don’t mind getting dirt between your toes…

I spent two hours installing a freaking television in my bedroom today. I bought a Samsung smart TV and that son of a bitch wants me to get apps on my phone and use my Wi-Fi and Internet. I called them up and I was not the nicest customer they’ve talked to today, but I got the TV working with her help… I don’t know where the gentleman that I talk to came from, but he certainly not from around my part of the country. I had asked him to repeat stuff multiple times.
My smart TV has a mind of its own. And I have to start all over because I forgot how I fixed before.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Yeah if you're like me they're pressing in on your spinal column and thereby bressing on the nerves they do the RFA on. Since they're just block communication but otherwise leaving the bulging disk alone when the nerves heal you're back where you started. I had one nurse who told me how her husband would get them. She never mentioned how many he got in total but she said after about 5 years it was lasting long enough that he could go multiple years inbetween. I'm a bit skeptical it will ever hold that long but that's what I'm hoping for. I'm not sure about Florida but up here in Maryland the insurance will cover it every 6 months but I don't want to have to do it twice a year if I can avoid it. If it gets to where it lasts one whole year then I'll be happy. Providing of course the underlying cause (the bulging disks) don't get worse as I grow older.
mine was last done in January and yeah, insurance will pay for it twice a year...you have to tell the doc that 80% of the pain was eliminated or they won't pay the next one...

I'm hitting the sack, just thinking about what fogey had to do today made me sore and pooped...

oldfogey8

Wow, that is horrible side effects oldfogey :(

I was told when I went in for the hep b shots that
whooping cough was making a resurgence and due
to aging I may want to consider the DPT as I was also
due for a Tetanus shot. I got the tetanus as I'm a bit
clumsy and like some others here... don't always
think my projects thru ;)

Since I've been lucky (? dunno if luck has anything to do with it all actually)
and have never had adverse reactions to any vaccines... I went ahead w/ the DPT.

Certainly am not going to get any more going further however.
Too many horror stories like yours for me to feel confident in them anymore.
A friend of mine died of tetanus when I was a kid so I have always kept that one up-to-date. His mother was a scumbag and was never the same. That being said, I won’t be getting any vaccines aside from a tetanus shot in the future and it won’t be the DTP. If I can’t get the ‘T’ alone, I won’t get it. I don’t recall if they aspirated the shot at the time but that is theorized to be a big problem with vaccines. They are intended to go into a muscle but if the technician doesn’t aspirate the syringe, the drug can go into the bloodstream and will not be available for the immune system to respond to the deactivated virus. I know a few people who received the shingles jab and they wound up getting shingles. My dog got the bortedella vaccine but had kennel cough when we adopted him. A previous fog was vaccinated for Lyme and tested positive for Lyme! I was never anti-vax but I guess I am now. I wish I could trust vaccines and the medical system as a whole but my experiences in the last decade have made me wary. I was prescribed several heavy duty mental health drugs for me imbalance. Tried them and felt really insane. Any drug that has a side effect stated as one of the possible outcomes that tge drug is prescribed for sounds sketchy at best to me. Aside from a hypertension script I still take, I am drug free now(and I am working on healthy ways to reduce my BP at this point). I don’t consider cannabis to be a drug mind you. I see it as a supplement or maybe more of an intervention. It helps with inflammation and is an excellent analgesic for me. Far better than most analgesics on the market that kill your liver or kidneys. Rant over…