What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Littleleaf

Veteran
I got sick and tired of hitting this frickin’ boulder with my lawnmower blade. A tree behind it has been slowly pushing it up over the last 20 years so I began to dig. And dig. I should have just covered it up with dirt and planted grass seed but hindsight is 20/20.
View attachment 19015030
View attachment 19015031
I’m guessing it probably weighs 500+ lbs. Way, way outa my weight class. Snapped a piece of wood I tried to use as a pry bar so I cut an angle out of a 2x4 and using a bunch of other rocks, jimmied the bastard out of the hole onto some plywood. Now I need to figure out what to do with it. New England and rocky soil go hand in hand. Zig helped… View attachment 19015033
My wife thinks I have rocks in my head, not just the yard… View attachment 19015034 View attachment 19015035 View attachment 19015036
Break out the diamond grinding wheel and carve it into a sculpture. That would make it lighter...

SubGirl

420club
Tri tip steaks are in the marinade another 40 min. to go and then cook time. Nothing too much, mashed potatoes, carrots and a nanaimo bar for a dessert.
Sounds good could use a couple of those nanaimo bars. We are having BLT pizza and baked potatoes
IMG_0067.jpeg

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I seem to get leg cramps in bed if I stretch... Ooh boy, they are not fun.

Hydration is key for me. Helps with my weekly migraine too. If I drink red wine, that seems to dehydrate me so much my legs cramp at night and I get a spasm in my left shoulder that must pinch a nerve in my neck causing the migraine.

Beer and pot help. Always beer and pot. But only after 4pm... :biglaugh:

But I do try and drink a couple of litres of water with a dash of lemon juice daily. Leg cramps have all but gone, but still get the migraines every now and again. Mostly after a glass of red wine the night before we think. We're getting closer to narrowing down the source of that, but I do think dehydration.
That must be some pretty strong wine for one glass to dehydrate you enough to get cramps, as it's the alcohol that does it. Now beer it boils down to what brand as some are more potent then others. Most average beers are around 5% I think. At 5% or there abouts you're probably taking in enough water in the beer, to offset the dehydration factor. Unless you're a beer guzzling monster that hangs by the keg until it's dry then you're getting enough alcohol to at least give you a throbbing hangover for your efforts, after you pee all that water in the beer out.

HempKat

Veteran
About a year ago I got custom inserts for my shoes. It drastically cut down on foot cramps. They made a mold of my feet and then made a custom support insert that I put in my shoes in place of the factory insole. $500 for the first set and then I was able to order 2 more sets at ONLY $250 each since they still had the original mold.

Still, at any price, it was worth it. I was having trouble hiking even 1 or 2 miles without suffering massive cramps. With these inserts I do 2 or 3 miles on downtown concrete and I am cool as ice.

OK, this brings about a question I have for all you old farts...... SHOES. What kind of shoes do you wear now in our...waning years. LOL

In recent years I have gone through foot menopause and my feet have changed. I wore Rockports for years when I was younger but at some point they just didn't do the job any more. Later, during my footopause I switched around and finally ended up wearing Brooks most of the time. Wore Brooks through most of my 60's. Now I am in my 70's and still changing.

I also have a bone spur on the top of my big toe joint that hurts constantly. It's a pretty simple surgery but I have put it off too long and now it is just worse. Anyway, because of that I need a "Wide Toe Box". Fortunately, a term that is becoming more popular in the shoe world. Still, some of my Brooks have become unwearable and I am looking around.

My goto shoe was the Brooks Adrenaline. Full support.

My PodDr suggested Brooks, New Balance and Asics.

I got these Asics and love them. A little bold but in Palm Springs they go, pretty much unnoticed. LOL

View attachment 19014825

Finding any shoe in a WIDE is tougher than I thought.

Because of my spur, he suggested "Rocker Toe and "Rigid Sole". which is most running shoes.

I also wear Hey Dude casual shoes if I'm not going to be walking much. Without the inserts, my feet cramp in about 10 steps. These are the worst support shoes in the world. Still, they are SUPER comfy and have a lot of style. I have 22 pair of Hey Dude shoes. LMAO Mrs Ringo calls me Imelda Marcus. LOL

View attachment 19014824 View attachment 19014823 View attachment 19014822 View attachment 19014821 View attachment 19014820 View attachment 19014819

So, what kind of shoes do you wear for walking and everyday?
Me personally, I've been rocking the New Balance for the past couple of decades, not so much for the quality of the shoe, although their quality is pretty good. For me it was about size. I got big wide feet depending on the brand I wear either 13 or 14 and my width is 3E or 4E. At my local shoe stores New Balance is the only brand with the size looks and quality that I like.

jokerman

Premium user
I got sick and tired of hitting this frickin’ boulder with my lawnmower blade. A tree behind it has been slowly pushing it up over the last 20 years so I began to dig. And dig. I should have just covered it up with dirt and planted grass seed but hindsight is 20/20.
View attachment 19015030
View attachment 19015031
I’m guessing it probably weighs 500+ lbs. Way, way outa my weight class. Snapped a piece of wood I tried to use as a pry bar so I cut an angle out of a 2x4 and using a bunch of other rocks, jimmied the bastard out of the hole onto some plywood. Now I need to figure out what to do with it. New England and rocky soil go hand in hand. Zig helped… View attachment 19015033
My wife thinks I have rocks in my head, not just the yard… View attachment 19015034 View attachment 19015035 View attachment 19015036

HempKat

Veteran
She’s very pretty. Nice color too. A big girl like her in an apartment life make you wonder how much exercise she’s getting.
Yeah in my opinion a dog that size is too big for an apartment but a good, attentive pet owner can make it work in a pinch. A dog like that needs wide open spaces where it can run free. So a big dog is better off not living apartment life, in my humble opinion.

Last edited:

Digger102

Veteran
Yanno... everyone I know loves their Croc's.
I've yet to purchase a pair as they look like a twisted ankle
waiting to happen for me. But, I do have feets issues so...
I use mine more as house slippers, and I think they are great for that and running to the grocery, but I wouldn’t do my 2 mile walk in them. They are only an issue regarding support if you are clumsy, then you gonna twist something. They last a decent amount of time, but they will stretch a little over time. How fast they stretch depends on how much pressure you are putting on the earth.

SubGirl

420club
Yeah in my opinion a dog that size is to big for an apartment but a good, attentive pet owner can make it work in a pinch. A dog like that needs wide open spaces where it can run free. So a big dog is better off not living apartment life, in my humble opinion.
I’ve seen big dogs work in apartments with the right owner but she looks like a working dog needing more distractions