What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Z1WgqXB-redneck-15.jpg

oldmaninbc

I am ashamed of this country.
Its not my place to comment on another's country, other then to say, the U.S. has some beautiful diversified scenery. If I could have a cactus garden like in Arizona, I'd be smiling.
But you can keep the heat of Arizona.
I can't forget all the nice American people I have met over my life, I am married to a U.S. women.

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am ashamed of this country.
Certainly of New York, but until the appeals process is exhausted, it may be a little early to blame the whole country.

It was always a stacked deck in NY, leaving it open to numerous challenges in higher court. I question whether it will stand, but it may screw up the next election and does sadly highlight the lengths the left is willing to go to win.

Goldhedge

I am not sure how diatomaceous earth would kill the spittle bug when it settles at the stem and branch of a plant, could be 2' off the ground. Are you suggesting to put the product on the plant?

I usually just spray them off but that does not kill them. Neat fact about spittle bugs they can jump 100 times their size.

I looked up 57 bugs that are killed by diatomaceous earth I did not see spittle bugs.
It's really inexpensive. If the spittle bug eats the plant, or if it crawls over Diatomaceous Earth it's akin to eating, or walking on glass shards. You use a duster to apply it.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's really inexpensive. If the spittle bug eats the plant, or if it crawls over Diatomaceous Earth it's akin to eating, or walking on glass shards. You use a duster to apply it.
I've heard of that used successfully to control Fungus Knats, which lay their eggs in the soil under the plant and DE shreds the hatchlings wings when they crawl through it.

Does anyone know where the spittle bug lays its eggs?

Latest posts

Latest posts