What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I'd tend to shy away from adding Dutch influence to O79.
I agree with your tendencies.

toms haze x oaxacan79 bx

full

Dentex

Why the A5?
I'm just curious as I'd tend to shy away from adding Dutch influence to O79.
However if it's what I had... I just may.
I'd have to think hard about it though.
It's not my cross if you are asking why I crossed Oaxaca to A5, it's a limited share from Ace ,not commercially available (to my understanding they don't release oaxaca hybrids).

Well I am not that prejudiced with dutch stuff,I mean it comes down to personal preferences in the end.I like my pure sativas,my indicas and my hybrids as well.
On the other hand I am not that crazy with A5 either,the liver incense I really like it,not crazy about the structure... Especially 3 s1s of it I grew was some if the worst plants I ever grew.

I have to admit though that one of the best plants I ever had was Ace A5 x Malawi (yes I also enjoy Ace Malawi ,not everybody 's cup of tea I reckon)

To finish with your question again,there are other qualities besides clarity of high or effect that I find enjoyable,and the oaxaca x a5 really shines with liver incense lemon terps , last time i ran another seed it was really good as herb too,zero nl5 comedown on that plant.

I haven't tried oaxaca79 pure (only in mextiza).Personally if I could I might cross her with a zamal (k1 or mango carrot) or a laos/thai kind of weed,but I like to grow and vape everything.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think I could have added better haze genetics than what's in P420. P420 is an excellent source to outcross with.

P420 x Sowahh
DSCN9091.JPG

DSCN9100.JPG
DSCN9101.JPG

Does anyone have a picture of this plant? Google was no help. Neville's Haze has a 25:75 indica/sativa ratio. The strain won first place in the High Times Cannabis Cup, which took place in 1998.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
as i know have SSH 98 win HT cup at those time dude

Ive been searching for it for a few days now.. It looks like in 1998 HT had a seeds category? This is what I found.

Neville's Haze is a mostly Haze derived strain that won first place in the seeds division of the 1998 High Times Cannabis Cup. There is no info/Pics about an NH Plant Cup win in 1998. Searching was a pain in the ass with so much BS to sift through.

Last edited:

goingrey

Ive been searching for it for a few days now.. It looks like in 1998 HT had a seeds category? This is what I found.

Neville's Haze is a mostly Haze derived strain that won first place in the seeds division of the 1998 High Times Cannabis Cup. There is no info/Pics about an NH Plant Cup win in 1998. Searching was a pain in the ass with so much BS to sift through.
Seed company category yes. GHS Neville's Haze 1st place.

SSH won two categories: hydro and the "main" one.

EnjoyingLife

It's not my cross if you are asking why I crossed Oaxaca to A5, it's a limited share from Ace ,not commercially available (to my understanding they don't release oaxaca hybrids).

Well I am not that prejudiced with dutch stuff,I mean it comes down to personal preferences in the end.I like my pure sativas,my indicas and my hybrids as well.
On the other hand I am not that crazy with A5 either,the liver incense I really like it,not crazy about the structure... Especially 3 s1s of it I grew was some if the worst plants I ever grew.

I have to admit though that one of the best plants I ever had was Ace A5 x Malawi (yes I also enjoy Ace Malawi ,not everybody 's cup of tea I reckon)

To finish with your question again,there are other qualities besides clarity of high or effect that I find enjoyable,and the oaxaca x a5 really shines with liver incense lemon terps , last time i ran another seed it was really good as herb too,zero nl5 comedown on that plant.

I haven't tried oaxaca79 pure (only in mextiza).Personally if I could I might cross her with a zamal (k1 or mango carrot) or a laos/thai kind of weed,but I like to grow and vape everything.
Totally agree with what's said here.
Reading my original comment again I see how I could have come off as I'm shitting on Dutch genetics.
I'm not, sometimes I'm overly direct.
Add being a purist in there and well, you get the picture...
What did you like about the a5xmalawi?
Sounds like Ace did a good job with creating both the O79xA5 and A5 x Malawi.
I just got around to my ace gear and have a couple more planned.
Mango carrot and kalite tizane? caught my interest awhile back.
O79 to thai\laos sounds lovely. Destroyer maybe?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm gonna try some of these (Malawi gold x Grinspoon) seeds next. They gotta be 15+ years old by now. I couldn't find any nice looking pics of Malawi. Has anyone grown it?. Ive have seen lots of nice Grinspoon.

The World renowned Malawi Gold by Holy Smoke Seeds, South Africa's most sought after Sativa famed for its sweet, earthy to lemonesque scents and flavor with heavy results common as dense buds swell and grow, and a stone of exceptional quality, beautiful earthy and introspective that works on so many levels you can feel the history these plants have. Malawi Gold is a highly psychoactive pure sativa strain. It is a land race meaning it has been inbred completely. When marijuana strains are inbred the characteristics of a strain are more consistent. Malawi Gold is said to smell like fruits and a strong spice. As for taste, the Malawi strain has been described as sweet, with a hint of pineapple.

A strain named in honor of an amazing Cannabis advocate, researcher, and author, Dr Lester Grinspoon. This is a pure heirloom Sativa which grows tall and thin. This plant requires a longer flowering time, but when mature the colas resemble compact green and reddish brown beads. These loosely hang on thin stems and are dusted with THC crystals. The buds give a lemon and sumac scent, and produce a light smoke with tangy tropical fruit aromas. Dr. Grinspoon offers an old school Sativa of the highest order, which gives a strong, long lasting, energetic, and cerebral high.

Last edited:

Bona Fortuna

Veteran
Have you tried wat pho?
Smoke report?
Negative.
This will be first time experiencing all the above.
The Maui haze says 12 seeds, but that single pack had 25 seeds in it, so very pleasant surprise. The Viet Haze only had 12 in the pack. I haven’t even opened the other reserve packs of them yet, but I’m hoping it’s much of the same.

Latest posts

Latest posts