What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
incense sticks, still in greenhouse, more than 16 weeks of flowering

full

another pheno

full

Mimpi Manis

Not sure if this has already been posted but at least I missed it if it was..

Episode of The Pot Cast with @Yo Sammy, great interview, well worth a listen!

I liked the Yo Sammy chat. He reminded of the good old days... when a certain unwritten code of behaviour (basic decency, honesty and good manners) in pot culture was more common than not. When money and self promotion didn't rule the waves. The pleasures of sharing something good with folks. I miss those days of bonhomie and engaging conversation that often went with the sharing of a good sparkling joint. Most of the time at least. (The 'Dead Culture' in the US kind of reminds of how it was in these parts. For a little while at least). I hope some of you still get access to those kind moments. I'll toast to Sammy next time I crack into something fine. Stoners Grace: "Times of dope and no money are better than times of money and no dope".

Jackson Browne:

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
I liked the Yo Sammy chat. He reminded of the good old days... when a certain unwritten code of behaviour (basic decency, honesty and good manners) in pot culture was more common than not. When money and self promotion didn't rule the waves. The pleasures of sharing something good with folks. I miss those days of bonhomie and engaging conversation that often went with the sharing of a good sparkling joint. Most of the time at least. (The 'Dead Culture' in the US kind of reminds of how it was in these parts. For a little while at least). I hope some of you still get access to those kind moments. I'll toast to Sammy next time I crack into something fine. Stoners Grace: "Times of dope and no money are better than times of money and no dope".

Jackson Browne:

I agree with you that why i toke them to last IC cup this year to chill with us :smoke:
:smoke out:

Yo Sammy

Veteran

Jackson Browne:

Great to read you liked the long listen and thank you for sharing your personal take on things.
Seems we definitely share similar experiences going through the years.
Still got this poster, haha.
Great times!
IMG_0082.jpeg

☮️

Mimpi Manis

Great to read you liked the long listen and thank you for sharing your personal take on things.
Seems we definitely share similar experiences going through the years.
Still got this poster, haha.
Great times!
View attachment 18926250
☮️
You're welcome man. Your podcast cheered this old stoner up. I have for the past couple of years or so been dealing with a major health issue that will likely see the end of me. (Think Patrick Swayze... Steve Jobs). That I am still here I credit cannabis for helping out... when the numbers indicated otherwise. Invaluable for dealing with nausea and appetite when enduring chemo. Not to mention cheering me up when needed. You find out who your friends really are when the shit stick comes down. I like to think the cannabis community I find in this forum and other places - for most part- share your philosophy and outlook. Folks like Wally, Dubi and Kevin Jodrey et al for instance. A little light through the crack in the door. Invaluable re tempering my cynicism about the world at large.

Humanity is desperately in need of some major change in how we go about things if we plan to survive another century on this miraculous small blue dot and it's extraordinary beautiful places and creatures. I truly believe cannabis has a place in the zeitgeist. With a little luck I may just see out another season. Currently using genetics (via Ace) that come from your dedicated efforts with Nevils A5. Some nice stuff from Wally as well. Confess to being a bit of a sativa hound. BTW - I'm also from Nevil's old home town here in Oz. Last 40 odd years have been in the southern regions on my little P/c farm. Still dedicated to creating something fine.

So go well my friend. Its always nice to bump into a little random simpatico once in a while. Salute'. MM

blondie

My haze cross at about 40 days after 12/12. Ka5h mother and bushweed mm x nh 21 father. One plant is starting to smell vaguely like its mother. Both plants are doing well except,some yellowing happening. To me it seems these plants are mostly indica side of the gene pool. I hadn’t noticed a touch of brown pistils until examining the closeup bud shots. These should finish like a typical hybrid.

Attachments

• 499E87EF-A935-4F9C-8590-C69005DD4E2D.jpeg
    499E87EF-A935-4F9C-8590-C69005DD4E2D.jpeg
    689.9 KB · Views: 43
  • CBAEF980-AF6A-429A-AFFE-368D18D36275.jpeg
    CBAEF980-AF6A-429A-AFFE-368D18D36275.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
  • 9F9B3DA7-02DC-4E20-AD51-0FD9E839D79B.jpeg
    9F9B3DA7-02DC-4E20-AD51-0FD9E839D79B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • CE754239-C641-4C20-8B01-344A68310BF4.jpeg
    CE754239-C641-4C20-8B01-344A68310BF4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
  • 8DE13566-9F88-4B66-994C-42A5B64DED1F.jpeg
    8DE13566-9F88-4B66-994C-42A5B64DED1F.jpeg
    937.5 KB · Views: 43
  • F65BD16F-6186-43A7-B454-F29FCB701A20.jpeg
    F65BD16F-6186-43A7-B454-F29FCB701A20.jpeg
    683.2 KB · Views: 44

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To breed new plant varieties, it is desirable to have as many genetic combination options as possible. There are genotypes that, for example, reshuffle their genome at more locations than others, increasing their capacity to generate variation in the progeny. Genotypes with this property are called "highly recombinogenic."

Recombination of plant genetics is the process by which genetic variation is generated and maintained in plants through the exchange of DNA segments between homologous chromosomes during meiosis. Recombination can result in new alleles, gene conversions, or novel combinations of genes. Recombination is influenced by various factors, such as chromosome structure, gene density, environmental signals, and DNA repair mechanisms. Recombination is important for plant evolution, adaptation, and breeding.