What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most of the SSHs I've grown over the years have been the most picky plants ever. The bud quality will still be top shelf but the plants are usually ugly as hell by harvest. If I go to low in the nutes I notice premature yellowing, if you go to heavy you get burnt leaves. I think the best way to handle it is stop N early in flower then just feed low PK until harvest. Sour diesel has always been the same way for me, every other plant will look great the sour d is a mess.

What I’m seeing is that she’s been consuming some of the nitrogen on the fan leaves... she wants to be fed.. but she is nitpicky:ying:

gatts

Yep that's the truth,
I find that OG is pretty good for crossing to hazes, it actually doesn't mess with effect as badly as most. And rare phenos can be otherworldly.
If you want to cross it to an indica/kush style bud, it's not a bad choice. OG is very dominant, but haze seems to hold up if you find the right pheno. Haze really improves OG though, makes it smokable for me.

Once Nevil told me this:
"Weed falls into two categories, you've got your hazes, and then there's everything else."

He also said that hazes were about hybrids and the great thing about haze is that when you outcross it, you're going to get Haze.

Haze has never been anything but a hybrid. That does not however mean that every hybrid is a haze.

Thankyou. :tiphat:

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
How are you missing out if your smoking the best cannabis to biggin with i am confused People are smoking c99 still and that is over 20 years old now.

Growing and smoking preserving genetics from the 70s dose not disadvantage a grower one bit.

You can still grow other things but trust me few things produced to day come close.

Most grow for the quality of smoke but if your growing commercially your after fast flowering plants with bag appeal and your not going to get that from a good sativa or haze .

The C 99 today is not the same C 99 that was originally released...

GlandualFever

hey @Starcrash, i believe you can get c99 from FDM, which are worked/bx'd from the original release. Probably the closest you will find.

They have Cinderella 88 also.

Last edited:

GlandualFever

He already has a shit ton of C99 crosses he made. :jump:

These arent crosses Hammer.....

"A back-cross of selected males and females from the original 1998 release of Cinderella 99 by legendary US breeder Mr Soul. This generation is even more uniform and true-breeding than the original, while retaining the strong sativa head, short maturation, ease of growing, and sweet citrusy taste of Soul’s original opus"

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These arent crosses Hammer.....

"A back-cross of selected males and females from the original 1998 release of Cinderella 99 by legendary US breeder Mr Soul. This generation is even more uniform and true-breeding than the original, while retaining the strong sativa head, short maturation, ease of growing, and sweet citrusy taste of Soul’s original opus"

Sorry I think there's some confusion? Star has plenty of C99 crosses he made using 1998 C99. Id be very surprised if he was looking for more c99 seeds?. Hes already been there and done that. I know who made c99 lol. He can chime it on the subject for clarification :D

Last edited:

GlandualFever

Sorry I think there's some confusion? Star has plenty of C99 crosses he made using 1998 C99. Id be very surprised if he was looking for more c99 seeds?. Hes already been there and done that. I know who made c99 lol. He can chime it on the subject for clarification :D

Its cool, I thought he was looking for seeds, 1998/99 c99 he said. Those are the closest I know of. Recent c99 has been criticized by those who remember the original release.

G

Pregnant ot1 old pic:)

Attachments

• large.15578new_079.jpg.2bb044a41d0a5d857c27522160d606cc.jpg
    large.15578new_079.jpg.2bb044a41d0a5d857c27522160d606cc.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 19

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m looking for someone who still holding the original C 99 ...I’m talking about the 1998 release from heaven stairway ..is it extinct or not?:)

HorseBadoritiz

Thanks Horse !

I can only hope eh ?

600 pages and 6000 posts and thats the most constructive thing you can add ?

Now go back under your rock ...

I had Sisyphus stop by, and you once again cracked us both up. You've got the touch!

Where was you last constructive post ( or first for that matter), I think we both missed it... but there's no one under that rock at the mo, you can rent it cheap!

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Yep that's the truth,
I find that OG is pretty good for crossing to hazes, it actually doesn't mess with effect as badly as most. And rare phenos can be otherworldly.
If you want to cross it to an indica/kush style bud, it's not a bad choice. OG is very dominant, but haze seems to hold up if you find the right pheno. Haze really improves OG though, makes it smokable for me.

Once Nevil told me this:
"Weed falls into two categories, you've got your hazes, and then there's everything else."

He also said that hazes were about hybrids and the great thing about haze is that when you outcross it, you're going to get Haze.

Haze has never been anything but a hybrid. That does not however mean that every hybrid is a haze.

Hiya mate yep haze is a hybrid but it was a hybrid made from sativas and even Sam says that in today's Ohaze only 5% are good.

The only problem with indica being hybridized with haze is once its in you cant get it out and inbreeding that line will only result in that indica element becoming more and more dominant over time.

I brought this up with Nevil and he saw the same now if you have the Haze or sat side put a side then your fine you can always go back and beef up the haze/sat side up.

Hybridizing your favorite line to a haze is what Sam suggests people do with Ohaze.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
That very short sighted if you think that. The best is subjective. IMO C99 isn't what I would call close to the best. I'm not a fan of C99 at all. Its so in breed all you get are C99 plants no matter what you cross it to IME. There's plenty of cuts people label as Elite clone only that would never get that label from me. I've grown many of them none stayed. I currently have no cuts from another in my garden its all from my own work. The only seeds growing right now from another are Karmas Bandaid x A5. Karmas been 1 of the best sources of seed stock.

Growing black market pays the bills so I can do what I love doing, making seeds. I'm not a commercial grower.

I dont understand your argument Hammer i posted saying people are still growing strains that are 40 years old here you responded with this .
Your missing a hell of allot if your smoking the same plant four 40 years. I want multiple plants of killer weed.

I have no problem with commercial growers or seed makers they are who supplied us with cannabis to smoke and seed to grow since Nevil started the seed industry.

The strains that have been preserved for 40 plus years are what people in the seed industry are now in search of.

There is a lot more than just Haze/NL/SK/Afghan out there.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
I have found that OG crosses well with haze. It's not going to improve the high that's for sure, it will lower the ceiling, but it will add weight and commercial bag appeal and will decrease budding time.

Nevil told me that he thought OG had
NL 5 in it. I wouldn't be surprised, it crossed well with my 5hz.

Supposedly it's NL#2/kush4 in OG.

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
No need to be one sided @hempy, maybe people think Nevil's grails could improve OG.

I have not smoked OG or what they call OG but i would be surprised to hear it having a High to its affect to that of say a sativa or sat hybrid like Haze.

I think its different horses for different causes as they say but OG would not be something i would smoke.

SSH for me expressed to much NL in the high why i culled it.

Some people like it but some don't i am one of the don't like it group.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I had Sisyphus stop by, and you once again cracked us both up. You've got the touch!

Where was you last constructive post ( or first for that matter), I think we both missed it... but there's no one under that rock at the mo, you can rent it cheap!

G day Horse

Back to play some more ?

I would join in , but if you can`t even construct a basic sentence you prolly need to do some more lessons in how to write in English .

So I won`t take up any more of your time , because we know how important it is to have a good handle on grammar and be at least able to construct a proper sentence if we are gonna try and troll .

Shout out to Sisyphus lol .

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Royal and others what would you prefer say a NH or Ohaze that has a real stripy high or say a more balanced high with a stone like say you can find in SSH or NLxHZ.

I guess i am asking to see what other people prefer in the way of a haze hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts