What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Lyster Dewey next to an Indian cannabis plant with quite nld leaves.This photo was out of the book of William Drake 1971 thnx to highlighter here on icmag, only in color this time.Structure of the plant is amazing.

picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
to contribute a little to this fantastic discution, where haze hybrid is just like haze.. for me NL5haze is like this as far as elusive lady haze goes, thats why I call it fake haze :D

giphy.gif

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Once Nevil told me this:
"Weed falls into two categories, you've got your hazes, and then there's everything else."

He also said that hazes were about hybrids and the great thing about haze is that when you outcross it, you're going to get Haze.

Haze has never been anything but a hybrid. That does not however mean that every hybrid is a haze.

giphy.gif

TPFTFW

Veteran
Iv a pack of the 97 ssh ,I should hav got the nevs haze as well!,76

I just got good results popping a pack of ssh from 97 as well from a friend
I wouldn’t suggest trying it with normal methods tho
Would likely have poor results

djonkoman

Veteran
Royal and others what would you prefer say a NH or Ohaze that has a real stripy high or say a more balanced high with a stone like say you can find in SSH or NLxHZ.

I guess i am asking to see what other people prefer in the way of a haze hybrid.

I think this is a nice thing to talk about

I THINK I'd prefer the NH or Ohaze side, but unfortunatly, hard to say with what's available for me to try...

I'm way too young to have experienced the import sativa heydays, so all I have to go on is what is currently available in coffeeshops around here, which is pretty much all more indica influenced haze hybrids.
I do grow myself but only outdoor, so growing a pure haze is not really an option for me in my climate, so I can't experience it that way either. (I do grow more sativa-type plants, since I like my weed without couchlock, but not haze)

I usually do buy hazes(the more commercial hybrids that are available) if I go to a coffeeshop, since it's usually the most sativa they have available.

I did have a nevilles haze once, a coffeeshop in my old hometown that has a pretty good and variable menu had it available once. it was pretty expensive, but the high was one of the better ones I ever gotten off coffeeshop-weed.
that same coffeeshop also regularly had a 'haze' in stock. I don't know for sure what it was, since a pure haze seems unlikely, but the name was just 'haze', nothing else. the buds also did not have great bag appeal, kind of small/skinny/loose buds. smell/taste was not that strong, kind of subtle, but nice.
but the high was great, nice uplifting and I think not really couchlock. pretty similar to that nevilles haze as far as I remember. but, if I remember it right, I liked that 'haze' a bit better as the nevilles haze. but it was also available for a longer time, the nevilles I could just buy once or twice before it was gone(but it's years ago, don't live there anymore, the coffeeshops in my current city are not as good. and they have a menu that does not change often. while that coffeeshop in my previous hometown had multiple new strains every week, sometimes if it was very good it would be sold out in a few days and not return, once they had a S5xamnesia for 5 euro/gram which was sold out in half a day).

but with all the common haze hybrids commercially available, I like them, but they don't really have the high I want. it's just that everything else that's available commercially is worse. with a lot of coffeeshop menu's it's either haze or indica, they rarely have more sativa-dominant choices that are not related to haze.

harvestreaper

Veteran
I have not smoked OG or what they call OG but i would be surprised to hear it having a High to its affect to that of say a sativa or sat hybrid like Haze.

I think its different horses for different causes as they say but OG would not be something i would smoke.

SSH for me expressed to much NL in the high why i culled it.

Some people like it but some don't i am one of the don't like it group.

funny i felt the same i preferd the silver haze before it became super the only benefit i could see crossing such a hybrid to superskunk was yeild an flo time reduction ie commercial viability and in that regard it was a success,,but the high became lower

harvestreaper

Veteran
to contribute a little to this fantastic discution, where haze hybrid is just like haze.. for me NL5haze is like this as far as elusive lady haze goes, thats why I call it fake haze :D

View Image

your a funny one mk lol the haze 5 was an epic gamehanger as far as indoor an europe went we had sativas we had indicas but we didnt have hybrids like that and there was no others getting grown that could match it ,,at the time ,,but it was not for me the best haze hybrid i had or even my favourite high from a haze hybrid and your right if your looking to get high no use adding indica at all but haze 5 deserves it respect for its place in history and i think that why its highly regarded bu at the same time to compare it to a pure sativa would be ridiculous lol

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Originally Posted by MAHA KALA
to contribute a little to this fantastic discution, where haze hybrid is just like haze.. for me NL5haze is like this as far as elusive lady haze goes, thats why I call it fake haze
biggrin.gif

What you do on the internet with strangers in your spare time MAHA is your businesses but it has no place in this thread or any thread is my guess.

I dont think you would know a haze plant if you fell into one.

William76

I just got good results popping a pack of ssh from 97 as well from a friend
I wouldn’t suggest trying it with normal methods tho
Would likely have poor results

Are they toxic hippy gear?,mine came from same place as stars,they do have tough shells.got melts 89 nl5 too.76

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I think this is a nice thing to talk about

I THINK I'd prefer the NH or Ohaze side, but unfortunatly, hard to say with what's available for me to try...

I'm way too young to have experienced the import sativa heydays, so all I have to go on is what is currently available in coffeeshops around here, which is pretty much all more indica influenced haze hybrids.
I do grow myself but only outdoor, so growing a pure haze is not really an option for me in my climate, so I can't experience it that way either. (I do grow more sativa-type plants, since I like my weed without couchlock, but not haze)

I usually do buy hazes(the more commercial hybrids that are available) if I go to a coffeeshop, since it's usually the most sativa they have available.

I did have a nevilles haze once, a coffeeshop in my old hometown that has a pretty good and variable menu had it available once. it was pretty expensive, but the high was one of the better ones I ever gotten off coffeeshop-weed.
that same coffeeshop also regularly had a 'haze' in stock. I don't know for sure what it was, since a pure haze seems unlikely, but the name was just 'haze', nothing else. the buds also did not have great bag appeal, kind of small/skinny/loose buds. smell/taste was not that strong, kind of subtle, but nice.
but the high was great, nice uplifting and I think not really couchlock. pretty similar to that nevilles haze as far as I remember. but, if I remember it right, I liked that 'haze' a bit better as the nevilles haze. but it was also available for a longer time, the nevilles I could just buy once or twice before it was gone(but it's years ago, don't live there anymore, the coffeeshops in my current city are not as good. and they have a menu that does not change often. while that coffeeshop in my previous hometown had multiple new strains every week, sometimes if it was very good it would be sold out in a few days and not return, once they had a S5xamnesia for 5 euro/gram which was sold out in half a day).

but with all the common haze hybrids commercially available, I like them, but they don't really have the high I want. it's just that everything else that's available commercially is worse. with a lot of coffeeshop menu's it's either haze or indica, they rarely have more sativa-dominant choices that are not related to haze.

Hiya djonkoman i am not against hybrids and some F1 hybrids like say the early Kali mist as one example with luck you could find plants that flowered in the time growers like you needed.

The smoke was as strong as any good Thai the problem comes after f1 and from all i have read Kali mist is nothing like it was once.

Finding a plant that breeds well with Haze that carry's the high across well is one part but then maintaining that high is the problem.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
funny i felt the same i preferd the silver haze before it became super the only benefit i could see crossing such a hybrid to superskunk was yeild an flo time reduction ie commercial viability and in that regard it was a success,,but the high became lower

I never tried the silver Haze read peoples posts talking about it i just found the NL was to expressive in the high for my liking big plants big yields just not my cup of Tea.

I called it a dirty high.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are they toxic hippy gear?,mine came from same place as stars,they do have tough shells.got melts 89 nl5 too.76

When I germinated mine I soak them for 24 hours and they did crack but they stalled out immediately ...had to manually open the shells ...and I got two out of 12 to survive

TheDarkStorm

View Image

Maha nl5haze was never sold as haze by its maker....it was sold as nl#5 x haze.....by the way ever tried some of the phenos that go 22 weeks from it.....even tropical found one but in f3...took 2 months to even start showing pistols...they had to use a certain cut of old timers haze to bring down the flower time.
By the way il look for the exact quote for you...which is from sam, were he says wen talking about the very early history of haze that he seen..that the best haze was the very first f1 hybrids that wer being made....... ...the realy longer flowering hybrids from f1s made with right haze are wer its at...pity not many available.....durban/south african x hazeC is one you should have cheked out you would have liked that.

TheDarkStorm

I never tried the silver Haze read peoples posts talking about it i just found the NL was to expressive in the high for my liking big plants big yields just not my cup of Tea.

I called it a dirty high.

The original silver pearl x haze was really nice hempy...it was quite uplifting calm and kind type sativa high.....you feel beautiful almost like silver vapours drawing in to your body...looked more sativa than most 5haze too...beautiful flowery incense scent to it...bit sweeter than most of the c hybrids....it was strong but not In a aggressive way

(Recomendation) i really think you should try some of sams stuff I think you'll like the direction sam goes for in his work

William76

When I germinated mine I soak them for 24 hours and they did crack but they stalled out immediately ...had to manually open the shells ...and I got two out of 12 to survive

Yea,I planted 4 or 5 and got 1 seedling and 1 popped,the other 3 same happened as you,the seed shells are that tough.im just back to it after about 2 yrs so I didn't hav all the bits and pieces I normally would hav when I germinated them.im just waiting on a delivery now with superthrive,liquid oxygen etc.when I pop the other 7(which will be soon)I'll hav everything I need for it.did u find out anymore about them?,all I know is they're legit,97 ssh made by toxic hippy gear.their was a pack of first release mr nice nevs haze(yellow pack)at the auction that day,13 seeds in it,I went back for it a little after I'd got the ssh and it was gone,kicking myself now,76

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont understand your argument Hammer i posted saying people are still growing strains that are 40 years old here you responded with this .

I have no problem with commercial growers or seed makers they are who supplied us with cannabis to smoke and seed to grow since Nevil started the seed industry.

The strains that have been preserved for 40 plus years are what people in the seed industry are now in search of.

There is a lot more than just Haze/NL/SK/Afghan out there.

I took your original response as growing 1 plant for 40 years. Id go nuts without variety. :smoke out:. No matter how good any plant is Id be unsatisfied with only 1 plant. Id like to find a 1 off haze, A 1 off Indica and many excellent Hybrids of ea :D.. I don't reject anything without trying it. Your missing so much with that mind set.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts