What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I have found that OG crosses well with haze. It's not going to improve the high that's for sure, it will lower the ceiling, but it will add weight and commercial bag appeal and will decrease budding time.

Nevil told me that he thought OG had
NL 5 in it. I wouldn't be surprised, it crossed well with my 5hz.

Hybridization has both positives and negatives its often a trade off .

If you asked Nevil what he thought was his best work and what he would reach for to smoke that would be the Haze or sativa lines.

harvestreaper

Veteran
I can't select a country outside of the USA.

'Not being good with emails' is not acceptable.

If he keeps on continuing like this then I think I won't be the only one complaining about his shop and his customer service. It even makes me doubt about his reproduction work.

I hope Sam knows why he choose Todd for his repro. I fail to see it.

i dont know todd personally but seems to me covid affecting everything/one right now ,

JohnnyChicago

I crossed the Double Koosh to Nevil`s Haze Mango it was a good`n .

Double Koosh x Original Haze
picture.php

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Todd doesn't ship outside the USA. Now I can't get real OHaze seeds. :cry:
Also they don't seem to care about customer service, they answer zero mails you sent to them.

Anybody know where I can get some real OHaze which are reproduced from Sam his stock who ships outside the USA? With no crossing but only a little bit of selecting?

I want to grow and smoke it. I don't have much money too, so please no hundreds of dollars packs.

CvH maybe Sam can chime in and make a suggestion on who apart from Todd that he has past his Haze onto that still sells Ohaze he would recommend as having seed that represents his work.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alot of the seeds i have from Neville are Fems so i had no choice but to X them.
Also germ rates are not good on the seeds i got from 1 person but the other contact germ rates were much better.
I will be making pure Sativa X's also but had no Sativa Males last round and only the OG Kush dom Male to use and wanted to have seeds stored of the 3 Neville varieties even in hybrids as back ups.
This round i will use a Nevil Haze Male from last seeds Neville made and x it to the Females from the grail project im running.
This will be a long project over many years and you guys really interested can be testers.
I cant dedicate every space i have to this grail project as ive got bills to pay but will use 1 room every run for running the grail project seeds.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
What did you think of the NH/MH i have that but never ran them

I grew an F2 .
I thought it was very good . Increased yield compared to Nevil`s .
Increased potency compared to Mango Hz . Better flavour than Nevil`s Haze .

The high could be a little crashy on some phenos , I attribute that to the Skunk . But I generally very much enjoyed what I sampled .

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Alot of the seeds i have from Neville are Fems so i had no choice but to X them.
Also germ rates are not good on the seeds i got from 1 person but the other contact germ rates were much better.
I will be making pure Sativa X's also but had no Sativa Males last round and only the OG Kush dom Male to use and wanted to have seeds stored of the 3 Neville varieties even in hybrids as back ups.
This round i will use a Nevil Haze Male from last seeds Neville made and x it to the Females from the grail project im running.
This will be a long project over many years and you guys really interested can be testers.
I cant dedicate every space i have to this grail project as ive got bills to pay but will use 1 room every run for running the grail project seeds.

Thanks for takin the time to explain what you are up to .

T

TakenByTheSky

What did you think of the NH/MH i have that but never ran them

I grew some many years ago when they first came out. To this day it is still one of the most potent strains I've ever grown, more so than any ssh. This was back in like 2009 or so.

I didn't care for the taste as much as like Ssh and I had a few nanners pop up but nice plants over all. Excellent bud quality, the odd thing is there is not many ppl that grow this strain.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

Hiya OjD Nevil made set lines and the same lines say MM x Ox he made regular crosses but then made the same crosses with a reversed male or reversed fem in the mix.

You have shown a lot of respect and gained my respect because of it so i for one look forward to seeing what ever you do in the way you work the lines you got from Nevil.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m noticing that the super silver haze requires a different nutrient mix than the regular strains that I currently run....She likes it a little bit lighter ?? ...but more steady... I got a little bit of tip burn at first and now she’s a little bit lighter in color than I would like but flowers are developing very nicely:jump:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I grew some many years ago when they first came out. To this day it is still one of the most potent strains I've ever grown, more so than any ssh. This was back in like 2009 or so.

I didn't care for the taste as much as like Ssh and I had a few nanners pop up but nice plants over all. Excellent bud quality, the odd thing is there is not many ppl that grow this strain.

I grew an F2 .
I thought it was very good . Increased yield compared to Nevil`s .
Increased potency compared to Mango Hz . Better flavour than Nevil`s Haze .

The high could be a little crashy on some phenos , I attribute that to the Skunk . But I generally very much enjoyed what I sampled .

I got the NH/MH at the time it was released never grew it and other things but was surprised on the lack of grow reports on it.

The NH i got in seed yield big the MH test seed with selection i found potency in MH plants of what you expect in a good NH.

I admit i could of just been lucky but unlike most that call long flowering phinos unpractical i call those keepers.

I need to give them a spin.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I’m noticing that the super silver haze requires a different nutrient mix than the regular strains that I currently run....She likes it a little bit lighter ?? ...but more steady... I got a little bit of tip burn at first and now she’s a little bit lighter in color than I would like but flowers are developing very nicely:jump:

Hiya Star that is not unusual with some haze hybrids or even pure sativas all of them love full feeds in veg then after they show sex or into early flower will show you what they like.

I have had many only like 1/2 strength feeding from early flower until flush in some extreme phinos only water from early flower until harvest.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We as in many here are still growing and smoking the same cannabis of 40 years ago that was what Nevil got excited about.

Your missing a hell of allot if your smoking the same plant four 40 years. I want multiple plants of killer weed.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Your missing a hell of allot if your smoking the same plant four 40 years. I want multiple plants of killer weed.

How are you missing out if your smoking the best cannabis to biggin with i am confused People are smoking c99 still and that is over 20 years old now.

Growing and smoking preserving genetics from the 70s dose not disadvantage a grower one bit.

You can still grow other things but trust me few things produced to day come close.

Most grow for the quality of smoke but if your growing commercially your after fast flowering plants with bag appeal and your not going to get that from a good sativa or haze .

T

TakenByTheSky

Most of the SSHs I've grown over the years have been the most picky plants ever. The bud quality will still be top shelf but the plants are usually ugly as hell by harvest. If I go to low in the nutes I notice premature yellowing, if you go to heavy you get burnt leaves. I think the best way to handle it is stop N early in flower then just feed low PK until harvest. Sour diesel has always been the same way for me, every other plant will look great the sour d is a mess.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How are you missing out if your smoking the best cannabis to biggin with i am confused People are smoking c99 still and that is over 20 years old now.

Growing and smoking preserving genetics from the 70s dose not disadvantage a grower one bit.

You can still grow other things but trust me few things produced to day come close.

Most grow for the quality of smoke but if your growing commercially your after fast flowering plants with bag appeal and your not going to get that from a good sativa or haze .

That very short sighted if you think that. The best is subjective. IMO C99 isn't what I would call close to the best. I'm not a fan of C99 at all. Its so in breed all you get are C99 plants no matter what you cross it to IME. There's plenty of cuts people label as Elite clone only that would never get that label from me. I've grown many of them none stayed. I currently have no cuts from another in my garden its all from my own work. The only seeds growing right now from another are Karmas Bandaid x A5. Karmas been 1 of the best sources of seed stock.

Growing black market pays the bills so I can do what I love doing, making seeds. I'm not a commercial grower.

Last edited:

HAZENACIOUS

Hybridization has both positives and negatives its often a trade off .

If you asked Nevil what he thought was his best work and what he would reach for to smoke that would be the Haze or sativa lines.

Yep that's the truth,
I find that OG is pretty good for crossing to hazes, it actually doesn't mess with effect as badly as most. And rare phenos can be otherworldly.
If you want to cross it to an indica/kush style bud, it's not a bad choice. OG is very dominant, but haze seems to hold up if you find the right pheno. Haze really improves OG though, makes it smokable for me.

Once Nevil told me this:
"Weed falls into two categories, you've got your hazes, and then there's everything else."

He also said that hazes were about hybrids and the great thing about haze is that when you outcross it, you're going to get Haze.

Haze has never been anything but a hybrid. That does not however mean that every hybrid is a haze.

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I noticed the Haze influence on my A5bx x Fp#40. Ive gown a dozen so far. Shes the only plant I found like that. The plant looks like a OG but her aroma/Flav are haze. I can't remember finding another plant with that terp profile. IMO using haze will bring out some special terpenes that you wouldn't find using anything else. I've made a few batches of seeds using her. Id like to bring that profile to others with a larger yield. There's a bunch of testers getting run now. Ive got my eye on the Orange Cookies and the Hammers Kush crosses. These 2 have awesome terps already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts