What's new

Check out this plant from seeds labeled "1978"

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I was just wondering... I see the bonsai tree growers do that very often for keeping plants in small pots. And many of them will prune roots whenever they prune branches

That is done to keep the root ball in an as small of pot as possible. e.g if the Bonsai has a 3" trunk (dia) it goes in a 3" deep pot.

DSCF00921.JPG

Spring, ready for repot and styling (pruning)

DSCF0066.JPG

root mass (think coco mat)

DSCF0069.JPG

what you seek, all finer feeder roots. :)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
So everything is going ok. Scrog filled out. A little tiny bit of pinkish purple showing on bracts.
but I found a few male flowers down underneath the canopy. None were open. All were very low on the plant.
The woman it came from says that she saw a few also, she being a newer grower wasn't sure if they really were male flowers but removed them just in case. She said there were no seeds found in the plant. She said there was tons of purple in the flowers.

I stuck an off-duty Santa garden gnome inside for pest protection. 😆
IMG_20211223_130851404.jpg
IMG_20211223_130911949_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211223_132848636_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211223_101147740.jpg
IMG_20211223_101143446.jpg
IMG_20211223_101207113.jpg
IMG_20211223_150033792_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211223_101133257.jpg

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Lol cool gnome

My half brother who I haven't seen in years sent me that. He's ten years older than, and we didn't grow up together or see each other much over the years.
he's never sent me anything other than a picture from his boot camp days.
He messaged me out the blue about 2 weeks ago, and I told him what I do and how we were trying to get our little underground CBD and THC biz off the ground.

The gnome showed up in the mail a few days later.

Sampas92

Just newbin
My half brother who I haven't seen in years sent me that. He's ten years older than, and we didn't grow up together or see each other much over the years.
he's never sent me anything other than a picture from his boot camp days.
He messaged me out the blue about 2 weeks ago, and I told him what I do and how we were trying to get our little underground CBD and THC biz off the ground.

The gnome showed up in the mail a few days later.

Whats inside the gnome?:biggrin:

Peace :tiphat:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I don't have much experience with sativas.
mostly it seems that all the sativas I've grown smell very similar to each other- Original Haze, Bangi Haze, Malawi x Panama, and an unknown sativa called KT1 I grew a few years ago. Maybe a few others...

But this plant smells similar to the sativa Purple Satellite from vermontman I'm horrible at aroma descriptions but it smells "clean" and fresh. Not like the kinda lemony smell I get from the other sativas.
kinda fruity maybe a little bubble gum... But without any of the dank offensive indica type aromas. Very light fresh aroma.

​​​​​​​I'm going to try this plant one more time to see if I can get her unstressed and herm and seed free. Such a shame that she smells so beautifully, yet full of seed.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I said earlier that the smell of this plant reminds me of Purple Satellite. When harvesting I noticed that the resin is also like purple Satellite. Most of my flowers always feel sticky, but this plant and purple Satellite both had a slippery, greasy like feel on your fingers. It would stay slick for a couple seconds while rubbing your fingers together and then turn sticky.
I have no idea but I'm guess this plant and the purple Satellite line have the same or very similar terpene profile, and those terpenes are cause the greasiness at first and then volatilize quickly and the resin loses its solvent like texture and gets sticky.
Or it could just be the amount of terpenes to cannabinoid ratio and not have anything to do with which terpenes. Could be a coincidence that they smell similar and have similar resin ..what the hell do I know?
​​​​​

Rocket Soul

Hey Cannared
I know im very late to the party:)

Just wanted to add my 2 cents to this mystery of forever flowering plant.

It looked like you were trying to revert to veg under a fairly red heavy spectrum, not sure what it was looked like some blurple mixed with white?
Its a good idea to remember that red, especially 660, is flower inducing. Usually not enough to kick it out of veg and into flower but it still has an effect. I just really have anecdotes:
From online: some dude was doing what i later saw called "Mars nights": normal lighting during the day of (12 hours) and only 660 red at night (the other 12 hours): planted started flowering and everybody called him a liar and a cheat cause its impossible. Though the grower was spouting some other unrelated claims which were bogus, the flowering seems to be kosher. So there is something going on apart from veg/flower schedules; the mechanism inside the flower seems a bit more complicated.

From my own: having seen this online we tried something similar, one hour of "Mars"/only reds in the middle of the 18/6 veg: we had a similar thing happening, not full on flower but some kinda halfway to flower behaviour. We didnt like how it developed so we aborted and it flowered out normally but it didnt grow hardly at all vertically after the mars introduction.

So, if you ever get this type of difficulties at revegg consider putting the plant under some hard core cold white to minimise any influence of red in the spectrum :)

Hope it can help you out

kro-magnon

Veteran
What a ride, at harvest the plant was a beast, that's dedication here. I hope the smoke was good enough to justify your effort to get her going, the flowers are looking totally smokable:sasmokin:

Latest posts

Latest posts