What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

harvestreaper

Veteran
I've always found strains with Columbian, panamanian, share similar qualities to haze smoke.

Obviously the smell is a big one, but if you've smoked these kind of strains the smoke itself is so light, it seems to drift on and fill a room with the lightest, best incensey/spicy weed smoke.

Vs a heavy stinky strain like of kush etc which has a heavy, oily, stinky smoke that sticks to everything.

I have not been able to try pure Thai so I can't comment on that but I definitely see the possibility of a central American/Columbian connection to haze.

i have an heirloon acapulco line that very much reminds me of haze to the point it makes me think its an ingrediant

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
People were seeing big bud plants on the cover of high times and that pushed many to try them.Fast flowering plants with chunky buds was commercially smart as new variety's interested people also.

The problem was no one including my self stored seed well most of us thought a cool dry place normally a draw was all we needed to store ow seed.

As most grew the new variety's a year or few years later down the road people started to go back to the pure sativas and found the seed did not germinate.That is why so many growers lost so many strains over the years.

Sea of Green was a Sativa killer .
Obviously the Indicas lent themselves to this more than Sativas .

Ole NL Greg introduced that to the Netherlands ...

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Sea of Green was a Sativa killer .
Obviously the Indicas lent themselves to this more than Sativas .

Ole NL Greg introduced that to the Netherlands ...

I wouldn't take that guys word too seriously.

"NL" Greg has posted some BS online and forgot he even posted it. Either the guy is suffering from dementia or he's bullshitting some parts of the NL history for his own gain.

Last edited:

Raho

Veteran
Most had prolly never seen Colombian .
EU before Sam was all about Maroc Turkish Lebanese and Affie hash .

Some of the folks from the old colonies of empires might have been getting some home grown sent over on boats . But ganja was not the smoke in the EU .
Grass is a USA thang .
That's kind of what I have assumed EB.
Colombian was all we had pretty much when I was a kid. Occasional Mexican and stumbling into small batches of exotics like Jamaican and Panamanian.
If someone brought me a bag of African in 1978, I wouldn't have had any idea what it was except for High Times stories.
It took me a bit of time to actually listen to what my mind was telling me when I smoked haze because I had been told for years that it was this elaborate mashup.
Once I tapped into the old memories though, there was no doubt.
Oh well . . .

JohnnyChicago

Do you think the old sativas in Amsterdam were lost because the focus was about fast flowering indoor plants with the combination of poor seed storage methods

They did disapper from the menus the day the Skunk crosses did hit the dutch market. Until then there were colombian and jamaican exports around. I remember the first CS I ever was (yabadaba), had huge bags of imports legally stored behind the budtender. I guess it must have been 150l bags. You was allowed to legally buy kg's of it. I don't think elsewhere this has been ever possible.

So saying Eu before Sam was all about hash is wrong.
If then I would say, southern EU was only about hash before Neville, not Sam :)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
My journey in cannabis started in the mid-70's in London England - and it was mostly hash around in those time -(Lebanese, Moroccan, Pakistani, Nepalese, Indian) - You might rarely see some Jamaican buds (Lambsbreath - or Collieweed) - if you knew Rasta's - and occasionally cannabis flower from West Africa (Ghana, Sierra Leone, Nigeria) might be available - I did manage to score some Malawi and Durban too for a short while - after making friends with someone from South Africa who had regular visitors from his homeland -

In late 1977 I arrived in the USA - to find that most all cannabis available was flower/'erb - as rare as flower/'erb was in the UK - good hashish was even harder to get in the USA -

Elmer Bud

Veteran
They did disapper from the menus the day the Skunk crosses did hit the dutch market. Until then there were colombian and jamaican exports around. I remember the first CS I ever was (yabadaba), had huge bags of imports legally stored behind the budtender. I guess it must have been 150l bags. You was allowed to legally buy kg's of it. I don't think elsewhere this has been ever possible.

So saying Eu before Sam was all about hash is wrong.
If then I would say, southern EU was only about hash before Neville, not Sam :)

When I visited Adam I bought allegedly Thai , African and Jamaican at different coffee shops . All brown and yellow / gold and with seeds .

I enjoyed them for their differences to the SK / Hz types so popular in the coffee shops .
Some gold weed mixed with Nepalese or Maroc hash was very nice . :dance013:

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Early 90s before 1995 in the Netherlands you could get very nice import Cannabis from the Philippines, Jamaica, Colombia, Indonesia, minty Thai.

JohnnyChicago

When I visited Adam I bought allegedly Thai , African and Jamaican at different coffee shops . All brown and yellow / gold and with seeds .

I enjoyed them for their differences to the SK / Hz types so popular in the coffee shops .
Some gold weed mixed with Nepalese or Maroc hash was very nice . :dance013:

Columbian red and Jamaican green, sinsemilla, some of the best stuff ever. But only the dutch and their tourists had this privilege. Large parts of europe were smoking the worst hash that was only good to hole your clothes. :)

Seedsman Haze IBL
picture.php

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Goldie Lookin Chain - SoapBar

Burned a new hole in my tracksuit today,
Smoking Soap Bar without an ashtray,
Red-hot nylon dripping on my skin,
I ripped the fucker off, and threw it in the bin,
Soap Bars cheap, and sos my clothes,
Theyve got to be cause of all the fucking holes,
It tastes like shit and it makes you cough,
And its the fucking rubber in it that gets you off.

Yeah, I smoke Soap Bar with lots of bits of plastic,
I leaves mine in it cause it tastes fantastic,
Skunk costs too much, I cant see the appeal,
Of smoking Port Rocky, Soap Bar or Gold Seal,
Smoke Rocky in a bong, bucket or hot-knives,
Bake it in a cake for your Mam as a surprise,
I smokes Green, and its gone in an instant,
But Soap Bar lasts, cause its fucking consistent.

Smoking on up, Soap Bar in the sky,
Ill smoke Soap Bar till I fucking die,
Before I die and they lay me to rest,
I will always smoke Soap Bar, thats the best.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
We were lucky growing up in Australia we had the best cannabis and hash and Thai sticks flooding the markets.

We got lots of imported cannabis but also had a huge domestic growing market and to be honest i miss them days.

So much cannabis was grown here for the over seas markets mostly US and UK .

Ships would arrive here off load some for the domestic market then head off to the US and other markets with a clean bill meaning the ship had come from Australia and not Africa or Asia or a known drug port.

This was all exposed in a royal commission exposing corruption from the Warfs police up.

I remember my friends coming back from Europe telling me all they could smoke was hash and how they mist smoking flowers we were use to.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah - the UK did get swamped with the soap-bar - once a bunch of gangsters figured out you could cut good pressed dry-sieved hash with just about anything - and still be able to sell it to a captive audience - on a small island off the coast of Europe -

When did you first see soap-bar hash available Elmer? - must have been late 80's for me - when I returned from a few years in Asia -

Goldie Lookin Chain - SoapBar

Burned a new hole in my tracksuit today,
Smoking Soap Bar without an ashtray,
Red-hot nylon dripping on my skin,
I ripped the fucker off, and threw it in the bin,
Soap Bars cheap, and sos my clothes,
Theyve got to be cause of all the fucking holes,
It tastes like shit and it makes you cough,
And its the fucking rubber in it that gets you off.

Yeah, I smoke Soap Bar with lots of bits of plastic,
I leaves mine in it cause it tastes fantastic,
Skunk costs too much, I cant see the appeal,
Of smoking Port Rocky, Soap Bar or Gold Seal,
Smoke Rocky in a bong, bucket or hot-knives,
Bake it in a cake for your Mam as a surprise,
I smokes Green, and its gone in an instant,
But Soap Bar lasts, cause its fucking consistent.

Smoking on up, Soap Bar in the sky,
Ill smoke Soap Bar till I fucking die,
Before I die and they lay me to rest,
I will always smoke Soap Bar, thats the best.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
We were lucky growing up in Australia we had the best cannabis and hash and Thai sticks flooding the markets.

We got lots of imported cannabis but also had a huge domestic growing market and to be honest i miss them days.

So much cannabis was grown here for the over seas markets mostly US and UK .

Ships would arrive here off load some for the domestic market then head off to the US and other markets with a clean bill meaning the ship had come from Australia and not Africa or Asia or a known drug port.

This was all exposed in a royal commission exposing corruption from the Warfs police up.

I remember my friends coming back from Europe telling me all they could smoke was hash and how they mist smoking flowers we were use to.
id dispute that royal commission finding if in fact there ever was a finding about us exporting weed ,

it just doesnt make sense for australia to export cannabis when they could get a better dollar for it in their own country ,

competing with thai sticks etc ,, aussies wouldnt work for the same money as thai people would or sell their wares as cheap,

where did u read this hempy ??

why would we be importing weed as well as exporting it , makes no sense to me ...

we had some nice weed imports ,, mostly thai that i saw ,
the hash was fairly average , well maybe im comparing it to what we can make today,

but it mixed well with the green at the time ,
most of the hash was small lots smuggled in apart from that red cellophane wrapped stuff with the gold stamp in the early 90s , ,
still it was appreciated and i guess from what i see others mention we did pretty well for such a far off country ....

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
id dispute that royal commission finding if in fact there ever was a finding about us exporting weed ,

it just doesnt make sense for australia to export cannabis when they could get a better dollar for it in their own country ,

competing with thai sticks etc ,, aussies wouldnt work for the same money as thai people would or sell their wares as cheap

where did u read this hempy ??

why would we be importing weed as well as exporting it , makes no sense to me ...

we had some nice weed imports ,, mostly thai that i saw ,
the hash was fairly average , well maybe im comparing it to what we can make today,

but it mixed well with the green at the time ,
most of the hash was small lots smuggled in apart from that red cellophane wrapped stuff with the gold stamp in the early 90s , ,
still it was appreciated and i guess from what i see others mention we did pretty well for such a far off country ....

You dispute what i post that be a first right Donald :biggrin:.

You should read the royal commission findings that was set up after the death of anti cannabis crusader Donald Mackay execution and disappearance from the Griffith pub.

It uncovered it all and i have suggested you read it now i would say 5 times at lest.It gives you a true understanding of the cannabis being grown here the people involved and volume of cannabis being exported.

It surprised me but also put many of the paces together also.

Australian and American militarily were involved as was the Mafia from here and the US the CIA law enforcement and even the criminal underworld.

Sydney criminal syndicates going into Thailand and organizing grows it just goes on and on and you cant expect to know the facts if you haven't bothered to read the findings.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I was getting black hash up until 95 and it came from a guy i went to school with he was getting suite case fulls at a time.I suspect he was getting it for some time after that i just stopped going to see him as i had things going on and stuck with my personal alone.

Were i lived we saw Thai /Colombian/African/Mexican/Panamanian/ Jamaican/Even what i believe to be haze lots and lots of different cannabis hash and more.

I know what i saw and what i smoked.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
You dispute what i post that be a first right Donald :biggrin:.

You should read the royal commission findings that was set up after the death of anti cannabis crusader Donald Mackay execution and disappearance from the Griffith pub.

It uncovered it all and i have suggested you read it now i would say 5 times at lest.It gives you a true understanding of the cannabis being grown here the people involved and volume of cannabis being exported.

It surprised me but also put many of the paces together also.

Australian and American militarily were involved as was the Mafia from here and the US the CIA law enforcement and even the criminal underworld.

Sydney criminal syndicates going into Thailand and organizing grows it just goes on and on and you cant expect to know the facts if you haven't bothered to read the findings.
yea well someone has to keep you on your toes :biggrin:

so where do i read this document you speak of ??

amazing if we were exporting so much ,
that we ever ran out of weed , or had the drought we had ,
to me it seemed when the exports stopped it took us a while to be self sufficient ,
its still difficult for there to be enough with all that gets grown , aussies consume a lot of weed ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
yea well someone has to keep you on your toes :biggrin:

so where do i read this document you speak of ??

amazing if we were exporting so much ,
that we ever ran out of weed , or had the drought we had ,
to me it seemed when the exports stopped it took us a while to be self sufficient ,
its still difficult for there to be enough with all that gets grown , aussies consume a lot of weed ...

That is the wife's job lol.

It honestly surprised me but it also made sense and put peaces into place.

I also have a theroy on the droughts we saw here notice how the weed would dry up and the white would flood out ?.

This is a great read this is the free copy a few pages missing but still a good read and it gives you a spring point to other research if you want to go much deeper.

https://eprints.qut.edu.au/15949/1/John_Jiggens_Thesis.pdf

Copy and then paste link in and it loads.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
do you think there was planned droughts ?

i dunno about that , i dont really go for conspiracy theories too much ,
messes with my head thinking about that shit ...

hey that link is a thesis ,
you know what that is right??

its a theory , not proven to be fact ,
its basically a story ,
or an essay written by a candidate for a university degree ,
that is not factual hempy ,
is this the paper you speak of , or is there something else im missing ?

1. 1.
    a statement or theory that is put forward as a premise to be maintained or proved.
    "his central thesis is that psychological life is not part of the material world"

1. theorem

• (in Hegelian philosophy) a proposition forming the first stage in the process of dialectical reasoning.

2. 2.
      a long essay or dissertation involving personal research, written by a candidate for a university degree.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
ill have a read of it in the morning and see what it says ,
thanks for the link anyhow , im sure its an interesting read ,
factual or not .. lol ...

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Yeah - the UK did get swamped with the soap-bar - once a bunch of gangsters figured out you could cut good pressed dry-sieved hash with just about anything - and still be able to sell it to a captive audience - on a small island off the coast of Europe -

When did you first see soap-bar hash available Elmer? - must have been late 80's for me - when I returned from a few years in Asia -

I saw / consumed something like it in the late 80s .
After that I always asked for a sample before handing over my cash .

Some brown Thai weed with some Afghani Black rubbed into it .
Now there is some knee trembling smoke . :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.