What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you grew up in he 70-80's you prob where lucky enough to sample some of these exceptional plants. I haven't found anything like those since. I know many that have been searching hard for them. The prob Ive seen is no one is working with Haze/Sat lines that much anymore. All the popular breeders are staying in the short flowering lane. It would help if more people would Work these more. I'm sure we could find those exceptional plants again.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
First of I dont class myself as breeder more a modern day seedmaker and make X's with interesting strains. I also dont use other seed co's seeds in my work unless they are either retired or the seedline is discontinued , I mostly use clones of selected plants weather by me or world famous clones that people are seeking in seed form or X's with them.

With DNA they are defo good at marketing and business and have done great with the company's they own or part own. I will say these companies have had investors or silent partners with a big cheque books and connections that help the doors open much quicker than a 1 man guy like me with
no investors and cheque books and im 1 of the only company's out there who does all the work , everything from making the seeds , packaging the seeds and market sell the seeds , I bet you wouldn't be able to find any co's like that anywhere and I make some serious amounts of seeds and I'm slowly working my way through this kiss ass industry without having to kiss ass and grease all those palms and I'm just starting to get to work and figure this marketing shwag out and get my seeds really pumped out.

You clearly were not around the whole time or you would of seen the amazing work he did at Sensi
seeds in the early years of when he sold the seedbank until he stopped working with Ben much later and of course the Greenhouse seed co's and coffeshop years as they were killing it
back then and had it on lock.

I can tell you are 1 of the south
crew who are all sour because Neville ghosted
the crew , why was that ? QUOTE=J.B.Kushfeller;8863834]it's because people are lazy, why didn't you go looking for something new if you already considered yourself a breeder and doing ''breeding''.
You get some good Neviles gear(haze) and cross it to OGkush.
Nevile also do this what you are doing but he had Sam stock which was superrior to others genetic stock at thet time.
You have Mr.Nice,Reservoir seeds and many others and cross them.
Neville also to this, not something magical.
But i remember good that times he was first in the world to do this.
Today they are 1000000 of pollenchuker like you who think they are some kind of breeders and no one prise so much anybodys genetics.
just becouse i can buy Chem OG from 1000000 breeders and progeny is the same.
So here comes marketing thats why DNA seeds sell 1000x better then you cuz you dont know how to make good marketing but your gentics are the same to DNA.
People are lazy just like you are, you rather buy Neviles pack then make your own Haze hybrid.
I was there when N. was there smoked his stuff,grown his stuff.
But his most achivment was his The Seed Bank work with genetics mosty gived by Sam to him from USA.

Later work is just further crossing of TheSeedBank work.

Biggest Nevile achivment was NL5 clone x O.Haze
he didnt breed NL5 nither O.Haze.
His Nevile Haze is also NL5xO.haze x hazeC.
SuperSilverHaze is NLxHaze...hazexskunk1
MangoHaze NLxhaze....

So his best breeding are just like yours whit genetics he
received not he created.

I don't consider myself a breeder either. I make what I think is unique and interesting from my work. I don't have any investors or anyone writing checks. I do it all myself from start to finish. It takes years to complete. I don't use selected clones from any other person anymore. I stopped years ago. I do use seed stock from others that interest me to combine with my work. I don't make s1,F2 or copy anything from seeds made by others. I'll search for my own selections to breed with. I'm a few generation out with my A5bx work. I'm ready to start making/testing what I've made with them.

I noticed Jungle boys are now making seeds for retail. The hype surrounding there brand is mind blowing. I don't understand why people get sucked into that hype. There willing to spend 2-300$ for 10 seeds when they can get the same or better quality in most cases from 50-100$ seeds. There seeds are not better. Its never been about $ for me. I love doing what I do. I love learning as much as I can about it:biggrin:. There are others that do the same there's just not many of us anymore. I have allot of respect for those of us still doing it..

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I would love to met the man or woman that invented cannabis so i could ask them how they feel about all these people that nocked off there work

Good luck to find them, aren't they dead? -SamS

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oldest evidence of marijuana use discovered in 2500-year-old cemetery in peaks of western China
[YOUTUBEIF]RgtxjgxdvDg[/YOUTUBEIF]

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I would love to met the man or woman that invented cannabis so i could ask them how they feel about all these people that nocked off there work

adam and eve?? lol ..

no one invented cannabis obviously ,
its uses over time are many and varied ,
there is debate over when humans first started toking it ,
seems like it was a while back ,

man seems to have enjoyed mind altering substances for eons and still does today ,
only we live in a stupid time when fairly harmless things that we enjoy are illegal , i think thats a crime in itself ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

Not sure Sam i have met some real old hippy's in my time some looked almost like fossils :biggrin:

TheDarkStorm

The plants probably existed in some form longer than man has.
By the way who evr was asking g13 x hazeC was first publicly available in 89 ..not the year after tho....if someone has the reprint they may put it up for you.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
adam and eve?? lol ..

no one invented cannabis obviously ,
its uses over time are many and varied ,
there is debate over when humans first started toking it ,
seems like it was a while back ,

man seems to have enjoyed mind altering substances for eons and still does today ,
only we live in a stupid time when fairly harmless things that we enjoy are illegal , i think thats a crime in itself ...

According to the theory of evolution, we all come from a single cell, so we're related to cannabis. Think about that next time you murder your distance relative, dry them up, cure them, then light them on fire.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I am just glad that cannabis arrived (by UFO) or evolved from a single cell life would suck with out it.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Congrats Star Crash .

If you use a loupe or an USB microscope you can see the preflowers some time before they are visible with the naked eye .

Done it here for years .

KiefSweat

Veteran
Cannabis is a cultivated crop. Very highly at that. Most of what you want to grow isn’t natural or not something you’d find in nature.

The jungle boys aka jack and crew who I’m sure half of you have followed and used his threads for inspiration are selling highly selected seed. When you grow on that scale and can go through thousands on plants your offering a much different prodcut then your average closet breeder.

I don’t want to say that’s a good comparison for Sam vs a lot of other people but that’s the difference between skunk and a lot of other varieties. Growing out large numbers and selecting only the best.

Same idea as why everyone keeps on talking about seeds from the late 80s. Ten years of elite clinal selections makes a big difference when the. Making seed. Same in 2020. You can go to a store in a lot of places now and buy plants off the shelf. The works already been done in selection etc. that’s the hard part.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
And didn't Nevil also mention Burning Bush ancestry?

Mystery solved

Yes ! I mentioned this to Big Herb many years ago .
Had an ancestor called Burning Bush . Then Sam`s quote saying Burning Bush was O haze on the Thai side .

Then on Hash Church Sam says ; Colombian x Thai or Indian was the later Haze . And he doesn`t know what Nevil actually got ...

TheDarkStorm

Yes ! I mentioned this to Big Herb many years ago .
Had an ancestor called Burning Bush . Then Sam`s quote saying Burning Bush was O haze on the Thai side .

Then on Hash Church Sam says ; Colombian x Thai or Indian was the later Haze . And he doesn`t know what Nevil actually got ...

Eb if youve tried thai haze or south indian haze those are the last crosses done with haze...ther not the same...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMO JB or Berner or any other hyped brand seeds are not any more special vs any other person that knows what there doing. Grow a pack of there seeds and then grow a pack of mine and see whats better. Hyped brands will always continue the cycle making that $$. Ive grown these 300$ packs(Gifted from seed banks) to compare with my work, there not worth the $.

Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

So who's the secret jungle boy fan here ?
Come on...put your hands up please.

My mate got a gelato or was it cookies once...dam that plant took so long to grow an then went all doo lally ..flowering under 24 hour lighting an bananas here an ther...f-up his whole room..he soon binned that...said never again...then he said he brought seeds for somthing like 700 dollars..majority nevr popped an the rest threw twisted runts...some rain crap or somthing it was called...guy was nearly crying...I couldnt help but laugh...wat can I say hey

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those where from Berner. Candy Rain London Pound Cake x Gelato:D. You can still buy them 20 seeds for $500

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gelato's a female clone and london pound cake...yet his seeds wer regular ...how would that work hammer...wat the hell they selling ?

I don't follow there work. I herd about that shit show. Lots of people where pissed off at Berner.

You always list the pollen donor last so if its London Pound Cake x Gelato it would make them fem seeds.

Enough of that lets get back to hazy daze discussion :dance013:

Status
Not open for further replies.