What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
So who's the secret jungle boy fan here ?
Come on...put your hands up please.

My mate got a gelato or was it cookies once...dam that plant took so long to grow an then went all doo lally ..flowering under 24 hour lighting an bananas here an ther...f-up his whole room..he soon binned that...said never again...then he said he brought seeds for somthing like 700 dollars..majority nevr popped an the rest threw twisted runts...some rain crap or somthing it was called...guy was nearly crying...I couldnt help but laugh...wat can I say hey

:wave: That's all I buy.

If it isn't Dosi, Cake, Gelato, zkittles, ect... It's not fire.

;)

Raho

Veteran
Yes ! I mentioned this to Big Herb many years ago .
Had an ancestor called Burning Bush . Then Sam`s quote saying Burning Bush was O haze on the Thai side .

Then on Hash Church Sam says ; Colombian x Thai or Indian was the later Haze . And he doesn`t know what Nevil actually got ...
Sam said Burning Bush was a single plant. It was a pheno.
Nevil said Sam MENTIONED something about Burning bush being an ancestor of the seeds he got (as I recall . . . he said something like that.)
i don't know why people fixate on "Burning Bush" as something a grower might be able to get from Sam today. It's pointless.

It was never a line or a breeding project.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Congrats Star Crash .

If you use a loupe or an USB microscope you can see the preflowers some time before they are visible with the naked eye .

Done it here for years .

I did use a Loupe.. That is how I identified her:)

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Sam said Burning Bush was a single plant. It was a pheno.
Nevil said Sam MENTIONED something about Burning bush being an ancestor of the seeds he got (as I recall . . . he said something like that.)
i don't know why people fixate on "Burning Bush" as something a grower might be able to get from Sam today. It's pointless.

It was never a line or a breeding project.

No burning bush was listed on Sam's sacred seed catalog as far back as the 70s so it was a strain not a single plant.
picture.php

FYI,
Burning Bush was an Original Haze with a strong Thai influence. I named it.
There were only Two Haze Brothers and they did not go to NYC and visit HT.
Joe Haze is not a Haze brother. The Haze Brothers did not grow Indica's, they grew Sativa's.
They did grow my Skunk #1 after 1980, because it was easier and faster for them.
-SamS (who was there)

Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman / Overgrow
Burning Bush was a pure Original Haze, on the Thai side with very thin buds that looked like shit, except they were covered in resin, an Oz would make a ziplock all sticky as hell inside. It was very very strong. Also hard to roll a jay because it was so sticky and did not burn so great, even though dryed and cured perfect. Just to much resin.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I think if i could pick just one haze i would love to grow from that old catalog it would be the Burning bush hands down.

Nexus7

I think if i could pick just one haze i would love to grow from that old catalog it would be the Burning bush hands down.

Extra late (New Years) Haze for me.

Where do I send the $5 Sam? :)

Apart from that probably the bright golden haze mentioned in the HT article.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Extra late (New Years) Haze for me.

Where do I send the $5 Sam? :)

Apart from that probably the bright golden haze mentioned in the HT article.

I had my eye on that one to and its the longest flowering line of all of them.

But burning bush reminds me so much of the tripping weed we had here a short time.

Hell we be lucky to grow any of the Haze listed on Sam's catalog catalog.

Nexus7 we need to add a few $ for inflation i would pay $20 a seed with out a problem.

harvestreaper

Veteran
No burning bush was listed on Sam's sacred seed catalog as far back as the 70s so it was a strain not a single plant.
View Image

Burning Bush was a pure Original Haze, on the Thai side with very thin buds that looked like shit, except they were covered in resin, an Oz would make a ziplock all sticky as hell inside. It was very very strong. Also hard to roll a jay because it was so sticky and did not burn so great, even though dryed and cured perfect. Just to much resin.

interesting to see that catalouge was going thru some old beans yesterday and found these might have to see if any germ now lol
picture.php

,,seedsman haze x ace malawi x rsc kerala

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
View Image

OK Detective Inspector Hempy .
Note there is no Haze x Thai ??? Is that because its named Burning Bush ??????????????

There is Haze / Thai/ Indian .

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Morning folks :tiphat:

Note there is no Haze x Thai ??? Is that because its named Burning Bush ??????????????

There is Haze / Thai/ Indian .

Cannabis is not native to Colombia...fact

what if several colombian strains came from Thailand and other places as well...Africa?

Colombian Gold related to Thai sticks i.e.

Didnt SamS say "on the Thai side"? :)

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
is the pic from reefermans grow or yours raco??

i know rm said he reckons there was no comparision growing hazes closer to the equator to indoor , not the same beast at all , as i have found also ...

shouldnt matter the sex of the plant limey , its more the specific plant , not its sex ...

Qwak :tiphat:

I just realized Reef´s pics dont show when you quote the post...the pic(s) I took myself

Needless to say plants must be grown to their full potential if possible....indoor plants and bag appeal...outdoor ones not showy dope but much better ....I grow in a tricky place 43ºN...colombian friends told me that my area is like Colombia without the heat :)

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Morning folks :tiphat:

Cannabis is not native to Colombia...fact

what if several colombian strains came from Thailand and other places as well...Africa?

Colombian Gold related to Thai sticks i.e.

Didnt SamS say "on the Thai side"? :)

Indonesia ?
What of the Pharma co who were setting up to grow in Colombia in the 30 s pre prohibition ?

Sam said some time ago the catalog in the magazine was a mock up . Was artistic license used by the writer ??

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Indonesia ?
What of the Pharma co who were setting up to grow in Colombia in the 30 s pre prohibition ?

Sam said some time ago the catalog in the magazine was a mock up . Was artistic license used by the writer ??

Borneo? :)

Mock up or not I remember I read "R" somehow "inflated"( is that a word?) the price on purpose LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts