What's new

Online Landrace Seed Sourcing Archive

Verdant Whisperer

Any info in the works for:
Manipur-Burma
Quetta Purple #1
both from Full Power Selections
so, it seems to me based off instagram, Full power Selections is the official distributor for Indian Landrace Exchange. https://www.indianlandraceexchange.com/geneticlibrary/eastern-manipur-burma/ the Eastern manipuri burma border is special, and no longer available from the original source, this is last chance to get them from original source the fields have been coverted to poppy plants last year. and it has amazing blue colors. heres infor for the quetta from the same line that ace is selling from ILE, or FPS. https://www.aceseeds.org/en/seeds/quetta-purple-selection1-regular-seeds/

Last edited:

Verdant Whisperer

East Africa Genes Strain & Other Strains I Like

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-13 185535.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-13 185535.png
    183.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot 2024-03-13 185734.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-13 185734.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 92
The ILE Burmese is most likely my favorite trippy type sativa line at the moment. Pleasant high as well. Trippy at lower doses which is all I have done so far
I didn't expect that. Trippy at lower doses. Even though the other one (RSC's Burmese) is described as 'potent to extremely potent'. I'm pretty sure I have seen somewhere a photo of ILE's Burma that had a 'Pearl String' darker color pheno. Either on his website or his IG, but maybe my memory doesn't serve me right. Have you come across such a pheno by any chance? Did you make seeds?
There is a guy here on Icmag that has a PR
You mean the Kentucky Panama Red (prefloodgenetics)?

Shillong (N/E India) - Flowering: 14-16 weeks Aromas/Flavors: Bitter minty, floral incense. Effects: Energetic sativa with psychedelic effects.
That sounds strange... Every Indian I've spoken to so far said the exact opposite! That Shillong (or Meghalaya) is a very mellow high, is not praised for its potency but for its aroma and taste. I remember someone who used the frase 'the best taste ever, like rose tea, jasmine, mango'.

This would be the only time I ever saw Shillong described as being 'psychedelic'. Interesting, considering the source of the description.

Verdant Whisperer

That sounds strange... Every Indian I've spoken to so far said the exact opposite! That Shillong (or Meghalaya) is a very mellow high, is not praised for its potency but for its aroma and taste. I remember someone who used the frase 'the best taste ever, like rose tea, jasmine, mango'.

This would be the only time I ever saw Shillong described as being 'psychedelic'. Interesting, considering the source of the description.
Very interesting, but the descriptions from both mt.topseedbank and landrace mafia are similiar, i think shillong predominanlty has a caryophyllene,limonene,and linalool profile which is great for a flow state. which is why its recommended for artist and musicians because it has the linalool and relaxing side but its up, positive and focused, shillong is on my list of strains to collect and preserve, its a special one i plan on making a flow state hybrid with shillong and migori from kenya they share similiar effects and profiles.

acespicoli

Gypsy Thai Stick Mac and PC grew this and it looked sick then PC used it in breeding projects
so some good in here im sure just not enough time to get to them all 🤷‍♂️
If you find it repro and, always wanted these shame im running behind schedule !!!
Many good genes around and so little time add this to the repro list hope someone here makes time?
Time/Money... hopefully this one does not get lost wish it was within reach.

Parent of White Widow :thinking:
1727830092898.png

@MadMac Purple Selection of Haze... :bigeye: nice work buddy !

Assam and Manipuri in vault

Best>>> :huggg:

Last edited by a moderator:
flow state hybrid with shillong and migori from kenya they share similiar effects and profiles.
I'm not familiar with Migori. Is it/ was it available at some vendors, or did you source it from private collector?

Edit: I saw it now on your list from the first post. It's from East African Genetics. Interesting stuff. I'm assuming you already sampled it. Can you describe it a bit more detailed?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I didn't expect that. Trippy at lower doses. Even though the other one (RSC's Burmese) is described as 'potent to extremely potent'. I'm pretty sure I have seen somewhere a photo of ILE's Burma that had a 'Pearl String' darker color pheno. Either on his website or his IG, but maybe my memory doesn't serve me right. Have you come across such a pheno by any chance? Did you make seeds?

You mean the Kentucky Panama Red (prefloodgenetics)?
You got me to post here after a couple? months of not posting, as a protest to the mod that blocked me for a week over a joke. The commies go after jokers, remember that. Police state is what I mean.

The Burma is trippy but I have grown out a Kroeng Thai from Northcoast that is about as trippy if not more so. The high is more euphoric and lasts longer too. Best Asian line I have grown so far.

I think it is from Kentucky, yeah. The Panama Red. I just finished smoking some Hippie Cannabis Genetics, Panama Red I grew. I was not overly impressed with the high but someone might like it. I liked their Acapulco Gold a whole lot more. Calm and decently trippy and potent, euphoric and super nice.

The Northcoast Acapulco Gold is the best I have had in terms of trippy feelings, in 50 years. You read that right. It caused 'ego death' and that is profound, though it can be anxiety causing. Like you lost your mind. The Hippie AG is much milder in that regard but some there too. Hippie used the Northcoast AG to cross with his own AG. For reasons I do not know. Hippie does not return my emails btw.

@yesum - I've only recently (like few hours ago) stumbled upon North Coast Genetics (if they're the ones you're talking about) and I'm really having a hard time discerning what they're offering. Meaning they don't share to much information on the provenance. And unfortunately, for me, provenance is almost everything. If someone tells me he has a Colombian Gold or a Punto Rojo but don't say anything about the provenance, those names don't mean much to me. I know they hold zomia gear.
But your description of Acapulco Gold sounds stellar! 'Ego death' - that is something that comes with powerful psychedelics like mushrooms or ayahuasca!! Do you know where theyr AG comes from?

I also appreciate how you made comparisons between the strains, it really sheds some light!

And yes, brother, you're right about the totalitarians! The first people they're going after are the jokers! And it's not coincidence either!

Edit: You mean hippie's AG was crossed with Northcoast's before or after their first release?

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I talked with the owner of Northcoast Genetics around 4 times on the phone. He said his AG was from '85 and a load his brother was selling. His brother was a big time pot mover, as in hundreds or thousands of lbs.

Hippie mixed Northcoast AG with his own before offering the result for sale.

I may have gotten lucky with a pheno of the AG and tripped like that, never to be repeated. I am afraid to smoke the other two joints [all that I have} of that AG for fear of it not happening again. I will get around to it though. I doubt all or even many will trip out like I did on that AG. I think the super trippy experience with pot is something that effects certain people, and with certain strains or even phenos.

Smoked the rest of the joint of PR and while pleasant, it is not a grail or anything. I have to grow more of it to be certain but the AG is the clear winner now.

I also tried to grow their Colombian Gold and got 1 runt plant out of the pack to grow. I am trying to nurse it along and maybe dust it with pollen if I can make grow beyond 3 or so inches as it is now. He said his CG '70 was from Hippie.

I am gowing the Northcoast Cambodian now and it had a lousy germination rate. He sent me additional seeds with my latest order, so I will have a few of it to try. I also have a pack of his Panama Red which he said he got from Jordan of the Islands. I looked on JOTI website and there was no Panama Red listed for sale.

Verdant Whisperer

I'm not familiar with Migori. Is it/ was it available at some vendors, or did you source it from private collector?

Edit: I saw it now on your list from the first post. It's from East African Genetics. Interesting stuff. I'm assuming you already sampled it. Can you describe it a bit more detailed?
No i haven't ordered or sampled the migori but i've had multiple conersations with Mike from EAG and he confirmed the effects.

Verdant Whisperer

Gypsy Thai Stick Mac and PC grew this and it looked sick then PC used it in breeding projects
so some good in here im sure just not enough time to get to them all 🤷‍♂️
If you find it repro and, always wanted these shame im running behind schedule !!!
Many good genes around and so little time add this to the repro list hope someone here makes time?
Time/Money... hopefully this one does not get lost wish it was within reach.

Parent of White Widow :thinking:
View attachment 19076706
@MadMac Purple Selection of Haze... :bigeye: nice work buddy !

Assam and Manipuri in vault

Best>>> :huggg:
I can add a section for love of landraces at the end as well khalifa carries the 80;'s Durban. that one is less appealing to me if you watch the video with khalifa talking with South African Guy, the seeds where really old and only a few individuals where used in the reproduction, as well as i can't verifiy the guys story it could be fabricated for all i know. he could have just said he found those seeds of modern durban and called it 80's, i do not know if hes telling the truth or not. i see personally its easy for growers to inflate their stories. i have to catch myself from time to time ya know/. oh wow the guys selling manga rosa for 150 euros for 15 seds and sold out. i need to take a trip to carriebran side if there is that much interest in manga rosa it grows wild in the carribean mountainside between nicaragua and northern panama by different tribes working with carels., i mean didn't realize it was so valuable. the guy who instealled our ceramic works for the FBI here and said he has cut down fields there and they still grow it but are deeper in the mountains and more secluded than before. I can see the infleuence of the haze in the leaves of his manga rosa bx. the manga rosa with west african origins i believe has less pronounced serrations. similiar to the angolas im growing i exprect they boh share that same open and elegant leaves.

Last edited by a moderator:

acespicoli

I can add a section for love of landraces at the end as well khalifa carries the 80;'s Durban. that one is less appealing to me if you watch the video with khalifa talking with South African Guy, the seeds where really old and only a few individuals where used in the reproduction, as well as i can't verifiy the guys story it could be fabricated for all i know. he could have just said he found those seeds of modern durban and called it 80's, i do not know if hes telling the truth or not. i see personally its easy for growers to inflate their stories. i have to catch myself from time to time ya know/.
Its funny to me people call it 80s Durban, in reality the plant is 10s of millions of years old :LOL:
People love stories.... how does it smoke ? :smokeit:

1727873072450.png

have you seen another like this ?

Landrace lovers want unique smoke not a OG or Chem remix ?
https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/the-evolution-of-cannabis-sativa-the-cannabis-ancestor/
I have seed, over 10 years old im going thru now hard to sprout... ;)

Verdant Whisperer

Its funny to me people call it 80s Durban, in reality the plant is 10s of millions of years old :LOL:
People love stories.... how does it smoke ? :smokeit:

View attachment 19076882
have you seen another like this ?

Landrace lovers want unique smoke not a OG or Chem remix ?
https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/the-evolution-of-cannabis-sativa-the-cannabis-ancestor/
I have seed, over 10 years old im going thru now hard to sprout... ;)
Its nice for sure, i haven't grown enough to tell if its that rare but to me it looks like it was grown in a cooler environment and possibly with modern nutes. He has some sweet landraces hes added alot to his collection love of landraces.

Last edited:
I am afraid to smoke the other two joints [all that I have} of that AG for fear of it not happening again.
Well, by now you're already committed, I'm afraid you have to finish those joints no matter what! 😁

I think the super trippy experience with pot is something that effects certain people, and with certain strains or even phenos.
I couldn't agree more. On top of that, even with same people who are prone to psychedelic experiences from weed and even with the same strain and pheno, there still are other factors that contribute to the intense state! I for one, couldn't help but notice that it really influenced the effects (in terms of it really intensified them) if I was exhausted or if I fasted! The most intense and trippy experiences I've ever had from weed was when I was both tired and on empty stomach!

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer in such a detailed manner. It really helped me understand what is going on and also you saved me from hours of research! Thank you!

@Verdant Whisperer I have to admit I find your lists and the way you are framing it quite intriguing. I haven't got to the chemistry side of cannabis just yet and I don't know much about terpenes and cannabinoids.
How do you classify the terpenes of each strain? You get hints from what they smell like, then infer the most probable combination of the terpenes and then further infer the effects of those combinations? Or is it rather more complex than that (like you maybe have access to some lab equipment and actually test their chemical compounds)?

Verdant Whisperer

@Verdant Whisperer I have to admit I find your lists and the way you are framing it quite intriguing. I haven't got to the chemistry side of cannabis just yet and I don't know much about terpenes and cannabinoids.
How do you classify the terpenes of each strain? You get hints from what they smell like, then infer the most probable combination of the terpenes and then further infer the effects of those combinations? Or is it rather more complex than that (like you maybe have access to some lab equipment and actually test their chemical compounds)?
I examine the terpene profiles, the effects, and the regions they came from to estimate their profiles, certrain regions like near the equator in more sun for example historically have more limonene, or strains from humid climates historically have alpha pineine, and i have a good understanding myself and i use ai suggesition to double check my opinion verus its opinon but not soley based on that i've spent the last couple years studying landraces and learning more about how and why the chemicals and terpenes work inside of them. due to environmental conditions mostly. some of them have been heavilty domesticated as well but still acclimated to that climate. alot of cannabis splits into two groups malawi gold and the strains from zamal are a good example there are two groups of plants monoterpene dominant and sesquiterpene dominant. for example the spicy malawi is sesqui and the sour earthy pineapple is mono terpene dominant but in the same line. I wish one day to have access to a lab so i can really get my strains dialed in. in the meantime just have to do it the best i can with the tools i have access to, the internet and myself.

Verdant Whisperer

These are the hybrids i have in mind i am about synergy I've put immense amount of thought into these combos and have changed the list 1000's of times i dont mind if anyone wants to copy or use idea, every seed is different and selection and the strains will be reflective of the environments and growers selection so the more the merrier i appreiate the uniqueness of every grow, and every plant <3..
1727886327344.png

Latest posts

Latest posts