What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Maybe Shanti does still hold the original's but I think the reason why MRNice are watered down corn seeds is because Shanti and Nevil have different breeding practices.

YES I'm saying Nevil was a better breeder.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
A statement has been released by Howard Marks (the real "Mr Nice") via Shantibaba. Now everyone can stop speculating and respect Howard's wishes and Neville's privacy. The once troika of MNS is officially down to a dynamic duo. Best to all three of these legendary breeders!!!

"Howard and Shantibaba will continue to run MNS as it has always been, which includes keeping all the mothers and fathers that make up all strains currently on offer. They will also continue to fulfil their obligation to the medical use of cannabis by getting involved with projects such as CBD-crew. Nevil has decided to pursue his own new goals. The decisions are mutually agreed, but the deliberations that led to them are in-house and confidential and not appropriate as material for public gossip.

Love as always

Howard"

Howard never was a Cannabis breeder, something here is just not correct. -SamS

There are 2 sides to every story i know both and both sides are the same and your not even close to knowing the facts.

Last edited by a moderator:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Howard never was a Cannabis breeder, something here is just not correct. -SamS[/FONT]

Sam you are 100% correct that was the statement that was made public by Shanti / Howard and Shantipapa after Nevil shanti split.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is what I’m looking at right now ..I’m kind of OK with them..I think they are both males
picture.php
picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I say that the structure of the plant and the growth are similar but the aroma and flavor are not and also less resin
Thanks, @ hempy

That can be pheno dependent. Ive found many very different phenotypes from the same seeds made. Ive found terps ranged from Pine/menthol to acrid/Chem in some seed lots..

T

TakenByTheSky

This is what I’m looking at right now ..I’m kind of OK with them..I think they are both malesView Image View Image

At the very least let them bust their nuts and put the pollen in the freezer for another day. It's be a shame to waste the vintage genetics and if you start more seeds you might get only females.

If you have any plans to continue with the line you'd be best off to use as many males and females as you can get to ensure the most genetic diversity.

T

TakenByTheSky

The 2008 seeds in the package say they are sealed on the Swiss farm. Shantibaba allegedly stayed in Switzerland until 2003
Now I understand that the germination ratio was only 25%
[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/FHsYR7nQ/ssh-009.jpg]View Image[/url]

I save my 2008 paper pack too, I was just starting out when I bought this very expensive pack of seeds. I think there was like 17 seeds in the pack, 15 didnt germ for god knows what reason, maybe noob mistakes.

The 2 plants that survived and I ended up finishing were unlike any plants I have ever seen since. Best plants of all the years I've been growing.

picture.php

TheDarkStorm

This passed to Shanti cliche like it was the master anointing the student is misleading .
Shanti paid Nevil a lot of money for what was passed .

Then they fell out when Nevil asked for royalties and Shanti said no .

Thers a couple of times he was given stuff....once just before nevil had to leave Holland .....an later on for resons I wont go into shanti asked for more stuff ....the falling out wasnt just about nevil asking for royalties...I wonder wer that info came from....pity that person never told the full story.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You cant make a new deal after $$ has already been paid for the seeds. You cant then go ask for something after the fact. If that's true not cool. There's always 2 sides to every story.

TheDarkStorm

You cant make a new deal after $$ has already been paid for the seeds. You cant then go ask for something after the fact. If that's true not cool.

There was abit mire going on than people realise...some people have a bad habit of talking pure rubish or only giving out the info that suits them....so I wouldn't believe that kinda stuff hammer....eg...someone started to put out the word that nevil used mr nice bred Neville's haze 2002-4 stock in his grail project....you can see why that rumor would have been put out....truth being nevil had 50 Neville's haze seeds held back that he made in 97....they did get shanti to send some seeds because nevil was worried about germination rates of his own stock...but the germination on the 97 nevils haze was very good so nevil never used mr nice bred stock...kanga did however pop some of the old bred mr nice Neville's haze....I have a picture of the original version of Neville's haze from mr nice an the original 97 Neville's haze bred by nevil...grown outdoors in the same conditions....so you see sometime people like to put out rumors or information that benefits them...wether true or not.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
There was abit mire going on than people realise...some people have a bad habit of talking pure rubish or only giving out the info that suits them....so I wouldn't believe that kinda stuff hammer....eg...someone started to put out the word that nevil used mr nice bred Neville's haze 2002-4 stock in his grail project....you can see why that rumor would have been put out....truth being nevil had 50 Neville's haze seeds held back that he made in 97....they did get shanti to send some seeds because nevil was worried about germination rates of his own stock...but the germination on the 97 nevils haze was very good so nevil never used mr nice bred stock...kanga did however pop some of the old bred mr nice Neville's haze....I have a picture of the original version of Neville's haze from mr nice an the original 97 Neville's haze bred by nevil...grown outdoors in the same conditions....so you see sometime people like to put out rumors or information that benefits them...wether true or not.

I would love to see those pictures.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

Hi Dark MrNice was still selling NH that was produced by Nevil in 2002 at Cannabis World were MrNice had a Breeder page with in the forum much like Breeders have here in Icmag as dose Mrnice here also.

Shanti was given Nevil's plant library along with lots of seed including seed work of unreleased work from Nevil like the last cross Nevil made from the G13 clone that was the G13/Sk.

Shanti did give Nevil NH made by Nevil for the Grail project but many people would still have NH made by Nevil i my self have i think 20 NH f1 made by Nevil still.

MrNice still has the parent lines to produce F1 NH but i have not grown any of the NH seeds produced by shanti but i would with no hesitation.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Black Widow dose not hermie i grew a pack out and held 2 clones of it for some years clearly the campaign to rubbish Nevil and Mr nice is still in full swing shameful.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Black Widow dose not hermie i grew a pack out and held 2 clones of it for some years clearly the campaign to rubbish Nevil and Mr nice is still in full swing shameful.

Growing 1 pack doesn't mean people wont find herms.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Growing 1 pack doesn't mean people wont find herms.

Very true but i saw many peoples grows of Mrnice genetics even the Aloha widow you name it over what 2 decades and i never saw people report hermaphrodites.

Clearly rumors aimed at Nevil and shanti and there work from the same people over and over with out a grain of substance can only lead to the assumption of bull shit at play and a agenda.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think any are trying to drag anyone through the mud.. We all have are own experiences with seeds. I've found plenty of plants with intersex issues from many breeders seeds. When I post that im just relaying what I found doesn't mean others will find the same. I'm certainly not trying to tarnish anyone's rep.

I haven't grown many of Mr.Nice seeds. I've only ran shit. I had no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.