What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TakenByTheSky

I heard lots of story's the guy is some one i hope to never met i saw him and Franco in one of their videos were they had collected Indian Land Races and had given the Indian Farmers GHS fem seed.

They show up a year later and see the GHS fem seed growing along side the land races.

A local farmer says very nice plants fast and they produce seed with out a male so they spread crap fem seed that hermied to farmers were land races were being grow :noway:.

That is their legacy not one land race strain was ever offered and worse Franco and Arjan have possibly polluted every one they came in contact with as they left the locals GHS fem seed.

Lol I always thought that clip was hilarious, the Indian dude was sitting on some treasures and they give him the fucking church seeds. It's some Rocky and Bullwinkle shit they probably polluted the globe on purpose with some Monsanto plant dna patent scheme.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
He probably needed the seed to try an reproduce the regular lines...but it looks like at some point some people have sold him original selected clones ...those plants they showed in ther old grow videos wer actually clones an not from their own made seed lines...their ssh s1 seedline actually used to look more like the original 97 ssh an the nh they show actualy looked right too....but I think your right the guy dont know how to keep plants...looks like theyve lost most of those too.

I know who sold them the seed mate they got f1s that you or i or any one else could of got back then.The Haze seed apart from the Mango Haze back then was i suspect still stock that Nevil had made.

The guy they got seed from Had Nevil made stock.

Regardless the only thing i remember GHS had on offer that people liked was the Hawaiian snow ? or what ever it was called back then.

TheDarkStorm

I heard lots of story's the guy is some one i hope to never met i saw him and Franco in one of their videos were they had collected Indian Land Races and had given the Indian Farmers GHS fem seed.

They show up a year later and see the GHS fem seed growing along side the land races.

A local farmer says very nice plants fast and they produce seed with out a male so they spread crap fem seed that hermied to farmers were land races were being grow :noway:.

That is their legacy not one land race strain was ever offered and worse Franco and Arjan have possibly polluted every one they came in contact with as they left the locals GHS fem seed.

God knows what theve done with all those landraces theve collected...I think ther using some sort of swazi in one or two of ther brand new strains...they probably realized it takes some serious breeding work to actually clean up a landrace in order to make an sell a decent seedline....so that project seems to have been shelved...unless it was all just a publicity stunt.

TheDarkStorm

Lol I always thought that clip was hilarious, the Indian dude was sitting on some treasures and they give him the fucking church seeds. It's some Rocky and Bullwinkle shit they probably polluted the globe on purpose with some Monsanto plant dna patent scheme.

Probably francos idea to find and work with landraces...but with the big bighead around an his bright ideas it wasnt gona end up good

TheDarkStorm

Dam ...im waiting for a friend to finish blooming some haze...they take so long...he's saying four an a half weeks in an still no signs of flowering starting yet...I need some proper haze to smoke...
Anyone smoking anything special...haze or haze based ?.I can get a little kick off knowing someone's smoking some proper haze

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
God knows what theve done with all those landraces theve collected...I think ther using some sort of swazi in one or two of ther brand new strains...they probably realized it takes some serious breeding work to actually clean up a landrace in order to make an sell a decent seedline....so that project seems to have been shelved...unless it was all just a publicity stunt.

The land races Arjan / Franco and team collected were never wild they were grown by farmers mate they never intended to sell any of them.

They were collected to be used in the pharmaceutical medical cannabis market.Arjans dream is to be the first billionaire from cannabis.

Look at Franco he goes back to the Congo after collecting there cannabis to push CBD as a treatment for malaria and catches it him self.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
This is 1 of the 2 SSH i selected years ago that i found in seed made by Nevil.

picture.php

TheDarkStorm

This is 1 of the 2 SSH i selected years ago that i found in seed made by Nevil.

View Image

Thats a beter picture than the one I saw before...I can see the structure more...its not to to far off the clone nevil selected...seems to have a little of that spiraling bud structure the clone had, nevils clone had it bad...had alot lot more red hairs tho...youve picked a good one there hempy...did you get rid of her ?..did you get any snaps of the finished bud...thats one of the best ssh plants ive seen in a long long time.

TheDarkStorm

What where the terps like on this Pheno. Def not a typical SSH. Would love to see some better pics of her. Looks like the yield is like what im seeing for my A5bx x FP#40.

Hammer have you put that a5bx x fp haze throw back pheno into flower yet...should be a intresting one

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive run it 5x now.. My 6th run is in flower now. It yields pretty bad for the size of the plants run. I'll get some pics of #6.

I've started harvesting some seeds made using A5bx x Fp#40 pollen. I will pop these next.
Orange cookies x (A5bx x Fp#40
Hammers Kush x (A5bx x Fp#40
FB-B x (A5bx x Fp#40

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
The land races Arjan / Franco and team collected were never wild they were grown by farmers mate they never intended to sell any of them.

They were collected to be used in the pharmaceutical medical cannabis market.Arjans dream is to be the first billionaire from cannabis.

Look at Franco he goes back to the Congo after collecting there cannabis to push CBD as a treatment for malaria and catches it him self.
there seems to be some confusion about what constitutes a landrace

im not sure if your confused hempy but ill post anyhow because some folks are not sure what a landrace really is ..

they are not wild plants , they are domesticated plants ..

A landrace is a domesticated, locally adapted, traditional variety of a species of animal or plant that has developed over time, through adaptation to its natural and cultural environment of agriculture and pastoralism, and due to isolation from other populations of the species

Leocadius

Veteran
....leocadius do you have a full plant pictures..the structure looks more like the ghs s1(not the latest one) rather than the original f1..but it could just be the pheno or grow method....looks nice tho...the original f1 never was a huge yielder...tall skiny type plants was how I remember it...not to far off the original kali..grown side by side they had alot of similarities...
I believe shanti is indicating the auction batch are the old ghs ssh made by nevil...

I don't have any more images, the hard drive was damaged and I lost all the photos and the one I have published I have taken from the Internet that I had published in Cannabiscafé in 2008.

The plant came from flower seeds bought from GH in 1998 by a friend. The structure and growth of the plant was similar to that of Mr. Nice from 4 years ago

As for Kali Mist, it would be another topic for dialogue. I have cultivated Kali PRE 97 and now I have 2002 and I do not see differences between the two. And Western Winds and Kali Mist are not alike at all
Mr. Nice SSH 2008. The one on the bottom left is Western Winds

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
As for Kali Mist, it would be another topic for dialogue. I have cultivated Kali PRE 97 and now I have 2002 and I do not see differences between the two. And Western Winds and Kali Mist are not alike at all
Mr. Nice SSH 2008. The one on the bottom left is Western Winds

I think the Kali mist changed 2010 or around then Simon started to only offer feminized Kali mist . The SSH you grew were made by Nevil and interesting you say MrNice version sold now is the same.

I think Kali mist is one of the most undervalued haze like lines to come out of Holland.I got very early Kali mist seed and made F2s that i still grow and love to smoke.

I always thought western winds was Kali mist re names good info.

Nice plants Leocadius.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Thats a beter picture than the one I saw before...I can see the structure more...its not to to far off the clone nevil selected...seems to have a little of that spiraling bud structure the clone had, nevils clone had it bad...had alot lot more red hairs tho...youve picked a good one there hempy...did you get rid of her ?..did you get any snaps of the finished bud...thats one of the best ssh plants ive seen in a long long time.

I posted the other SSH i selected in the front of the thread can re post if you like.

I re ran the selected 2 SSH but culled them as i dont like the high/stone from the SSH.

I like the NH MH and Shit-Haze a lot more so no point keeping them.

I did have pics of SSH flower cured NH plants lots more but cant find the disc when i do i will Dark.

Leocadius

Veteran
I think the Kali mist changed 2010 or around then Simon started to only offer feminized Kali mist . The SSH you grew were made by Nevil and interesting you say MrNice version sold now is the same.

I think Kali mist is one of the most undervalued haze like lines to come out of Holland.I got very early Kali mist seed and made F2s that i still grow and love to smoke.

I always thought western winds was Kali mist re names good info.

Nice plants Leocadius.

I say that the structure of the plant and the growth are similar but the aroma and flavor are not and also less resin
Thanks, @ hempy

Leocadius

Veteran
The 2008 seeds in the package say they are sealed on the Swiss farm. Shantibaba allegedly stayed in Switzerland until 2003
Now I understand that the germination ratio was only 25%

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Definitely one of the best threads on ICMAG ...kudos to Hempy for gathering up all the heavy hitters

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
No problem mate
.some of the info is just jumbled up...but nevil never ever worked at mr nice or did any plant work with them...nevil was only in jail in 1990 for about a year....other then that he was always around but undercover til he left Holland to go Australia I think in 04....he did however give some recommendations to shanti on how to use the seeds an clones he passed on to shanti.

This passed to Shanti cliche like it was the master anointing the student is misleading .
Shanti paid Nevil a lot of money for what was passed .

Then they fell out when Nevil asked for royalties and Shanti said no .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts