What's new

Kali China

Common Sense

My Kali China on the balcony terrace 5 completed weeks after first pistils appeared.
Here she is after sunrise drenched in morning dew.

KC 5wk (20 von 20).jpg

I was out of town for two weeks and the weather was not optimal, except for the last four days. Instead of watering, all my trusted plant service person could do was to remove the plants from their undersaucers, they were about to drown. Temps in the single digit range. Yes, the mm precipitation (blue bars) is the same as liters per square meter.

1727029082999.png

When I returned, I expected the worst, but, except for many yellow leafs, they are looking good. Not a single spot of budrot and no pest damage at all. I had expected hords of aphids or spider mites. At least some powdery mildew. Got lucky I guess, so far none of the above. She has 11 nice branches, over 90cm tall and sits in a 15L pot with peatless soil.
KC 5wk (1 von 20).jpg

KC 5wk (6 von 20).jpg KC 5wk (13 von 20).jpg KC 5wk (14 von 20).jpg KC 5wk (16 von 20).jpg

Let's hope for a few more sunny days. I will be able to put them under a cover when more rain comes, but every night the temp will go below 10 °C and there will be a lot of moisture in the morning.
I did have to remove a small spot of budrot from one of the two Zamaldelica clones that are in 3L pots next to her.

Attachments

• KC 5wk (3 von 20).jpg
    KC 5wk (3 von 20).jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 42

Common Sense

Beautiful plant @Common Sense

Will it finish before it is to cold?
Thanks @LHC! We are not expecting any frost soon, so I think it will work out. I am more concerned about the moisture from dew in the morning. This is my first outdoor attempt. Suprisingly, the trichomes on the tops of the KC are already mostly cloudy with some amber. That is 35 days after first pistils appeared. Only checked the very tops and clearly she needs some more time, but she was quite fast to finish indoors as well.

KC 5wk (2 von 20).jpg

KC 5wk (5 von 20).jpg KC 5wk (7 von 20).jpg KC 5wk (10 von 20).jpg KC 5wk (17 von 20).jpg

Attachments

• KC 5wk (6 von 20).jpg
    KC 5wk (6 von 20).jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
  • KC 5wk (3 von 20).jpg
    KC 5wk (3 von 20).jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 14

paisajedehierba

Thanks @LHC! We are not expecting any frost soon, so I think it will work out. I am more concerned about the moisture from dew in the morning. This is my first outdoor attempt. Suprisingly, the trichomes on the tops of the KC are already mostly cloudy with some amber. That is 35 days after first pistils appeared. Only checked the very tops and clearly she needs some more time, but she was quite fast to finish indoors as well.
Hi Common Sense,
I grew KC outdoors guerilla style two years ago. It was a large plant, height 2m. Rainfalls, morning dew and heavy winds in early autumn didn`t harm her at all here at 49N. No mold, no other pests, no broken branches. Harvest early October. Hope your experience will be similar.

Common Sense

Hi Common Sense,
I grew KC outdoors guerilla style two years ago. It was a large plant, height 2m. Rainfalls, morning dew and heavy winds in early autumn didn`t harm her at all here at 49N. No mold, no other pests, no broken branches. Harvest early October. Hope your experience will be similar.
That's good to know @paisajedehierba! I moved her to a covered spot, but that did not really make a difference last night because there was too much wind.
Really like her effects (indoor harvest same plant, in the jar 3 months). This is my third KC and she has the most sativa, awake and energetic high of the three. Still very comforting, happy, euphoric and psychedelic. After a hard day a work it's like she speaks to me when I vape her: "close your eyes while I lift you up!"

toltschok

Hi Common Sense,
Many thanks for the Information, mine is at 50N and I was worried about Mold. Good to know. It smells wonderful, has a decent amount of Funk in it, I'll leave it for at least another 2-3 Weeks, the Weather Forecast looks good.
IMG_20240917_100405 - Kopie.jpg
IMG_20240918_104951.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I am feeling special about this Kali China, she’s the queen of the garden at the moment as she stretches and I take care of the kings. 3 mo old in 7 gal living soil with jadam jlf and very light salts waterings View attachment 19044379

Thats a beauty! @moofingaround I think we got the same pheno (china yunnan leaning), large internodes and incense smell on stem rub! Also around 2 and a half months of veg and really hoping she starts to flower soon since she is already well over 2 meters, and end of October we get cold weather and lots of rain. Have a great flowering everyone!! 🌞🎩
View attachment 19051062

Hi @moofingaround and @Green Zenit you got very similar looking phenos: vigorous, purple stems, long sativa branches, guess it's the 21 line (21#16 x 21#4). How are they doing nowadays ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Many thanks for the Information, mine is at 50N and I was worried about Mold. Good to know. It smells wonderful, has a decent amount of Funk in it, I'll leave it for at least another 2-3 Weeks, the Weather Forecast looks good. View attachment 19072152 View attachment 19072147

Welcome to ICMag @toltschok :) and thanks for choosing Kali China for this outdoor season!
This strain is outside her limits at your latitude, but glad to see her ripening not far from finishing!
Hopefully you can have a successful harvest in a few days!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola Dubi, she´s almost done. If I count right, first pistils appeared 8 weeks ago tomorrow. Due to grow in the too humid cellar, I had mold in one main bud (relativ humidity around 80% during two days, at the moment between 60 and 65%, temp. round about 27°C). The rest of the plant is healthy. No I´m using extra head mats to lower down humidity. I´m impressed with those resinous buds. The smells are spicy/incense, hardly any fruitiness, slightly creamy.

I have had the pleasure of growing one KC outdoors in 2021. The complete yield was a gift for friend, so I can not speak about it. He reported back that he had enjoyed KC very much. It had a pronounced analgesic effect for him, so that he had to take less or no hard pain medication after a hip operation.

Congrats @paisajedehierba on the harvest of your small and cute indoor Kali China :)
Incense and spiciness are guaranteed with this strain. I'm glad your friend enjoyed the outdoor plant you gifted him 🥰. Since it’s your first time smoking this genetics, I hope you like this new plant!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi everyone,
I'm growing Kali China for the first time and I'm very excited after reading so many positive things about it. I'm not sure about the date I switched to 12/12 but it should be around 23.06-26.06. I can't say much about the smell yet because I still have a bit of a cold, but i would say it's sweet and creamy. The China yunnan next to her smells the same, only a little stronger, which is probably because it was faster building first pistils.
I hope everything goes smoothly and I can test this beautiful strain soon. :giggle:
Peace✌️

Welcome to ICMag @champloo :D thanks a lot to dedicate your indoor grow to our China Yunnan genetics.
How did the grow finish ? Do you have more updates, especially in flowering ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola.
Thanks @Common Sense
@Cactus Squatter She's my first KC, the smell is nice and I'm glad I let her go. Her she is now :love:
full

She went through some heatwaves and partly way to hot night temps in the shed where I am doing light deprivation. So the other day after a tropical night many Trichs went brown and the leaves tips went crispy. I know I should harvest but I love to look at her, she is prettier every day. If the effect is good, KC will be in my garden often I guess!

full

full

Grüüüße

Hola @regentag the light dep has worked wonderfully 👌 well done! She got deep black colors even flowering during July and August. Hope you start enjoying her soon, please keep us updated with a smoke report :ying:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I don't think I've had a better high in a plant flowering for only 7-8 weeks.
Thanks a lot @gedLang for sharing pics of the harvested buds and finishing plants of your Kali China grow 🥰Excellent grow, despite the summer temps, plants look close to their potential in yield.

Main goal with Kali China was to breed a very fast flowering hashplant shaped line, of amazing clomplex terpene profiles, always with loud incense, and prime quality effects with also a sativa side.
Yield was not a priority in the development of this strain.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
2 month cure smoke report of KC x Outback Haze and KC x Oldschool Haze both from Ace Seeds R&D.

KC x Outback Haze
KC x Oldschool Haze
AromaWoody, savory, leathery, livery, incensy, citric, limy, mintyWoody, flowery, savory, incense, grassy, light citrus
EffectUplifting, Euphoric, Glowing, Potent, PositiveTrippy, Active, Euphoric, Oldschool/Nostalgic, Positive, almost all in head effects
Other noteslower yielding but better bag appeal and better flavorsalmost 2x yielder

My first impressions on KC x Outback Haze was whoaaaa!!! This is like KC on steroids, with slightly different terps but definitely more potent. Something in the progeny connected for this enhanced experience.

My first impressions on KC x Oldschool Haze, was is this stuff trippy? Cause I'm trippin :D Very warm, nostalgic, almost no body, oldschool type of high.

Both stands on its own and are equally good. Both will be grown again.

Now I want to try pure Outback haze & Oldschool haze, and I think they both would be a good pair for Panama.

View attachment 19051562

Thanks a lot @Tranquilidade for the short positive smoke report on these two new Kali China hybrids crossed with new sativas. We have finished the grow tests for both, and I'm starting the smoke tests now. They still need a longer cure, but when I first tried these 2 new ones, i also said wow :D

The Outback x Kali China is very Outback Thai dominant and her Thai traits: a totally classic Thai terp profile (which I've previously found in other pure Thais, but not with this potency or quality): fresh lemon, woody, floral, and just hints (depending on the female) of musky incense from Kali China. The high is really potent, with super high vibrations, electric, expansive, non-ceiling, motivating "jump from your seat" first-class Thai effect.

The Old School Haze x Kali China, as expected, has tons of incense and mango goodness, with hash and incense coming from both parents, along with some cherry floral incense. It provides a very clear, cerebral, expansive, warm, and calm Colombian sativa x indica effect, although it’s not as energetic or high in vibrations as the Outback cross.

The good news is that Karel (the person who shared both the Outback and Old School Haze with me) gave me permission to release seeds commercially with her. So next year, for our 20th anniversary, there will be a small release of Outback x Kali China feminized seeds (hopefully a bigger one after that).

I'm very excited to start including the Outback into new sativa projects! ☀️

By the way, the Outback is called Outback Haze, but it should be renamed to Outback Thai since, as far as I've studied her, she has zero Haze Colombian traits; she is all Thai, and a really good one.

Latest posts

Latest posts