What's new

The 2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Capra ibex

Idk muh dudes. You guys seem to be trying to equate political affiliation with work ethic. That's goofy and dumb.

Some poor folk basically base their whole identity on a political party.... and call other people sheep in the same sentence.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Right.

I have a close friend who can't pay for his student loans because no one is hiring in his field.

then he probably needs to make a career change. I know loads of people who went to university and racked up a student debt to study art. now they are living back with their parents in their 30s with mediocre jobs, but got a degree in art.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Well - is it the truth or not the truth? - that is the question - and if it is the truth - then why are people shying away from the truth and anyone who speaks it? -

Maybe its one of them UNCOMFORTABLE TRUTHS - that its not politically correct to mention?

How damaging would be to Trump if audio like this leaked out of him saying all or most gun crimes in every US city is committed by minorities age 16 - 25?

Take a listen this pretty damning stuff.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1226973723720396808

h.h.

Veteran
My dad was poor as shit growing up in the south side of Chicago, got his hvac certification and plumbing license and moved to a more affordable place and started a business that I now work for. He grosses about 250-350k year now coming from nothing.

Nothing is stopping anybody from success except themselves and the negative nancies in their ear. Someone working minimum wage should keep filling out job applications or save enough money to move to a place with more opportunities.

Yet you only make 30.
What’s holding you back?
Not working hard enough?
Waiting for inheritance?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
My dad was poor as shit growing up in the south side of Chicago, got his hvac certification and plumbing license and moved to a more affordable place and started a business that I now work for. He grosses about 250-350k year now coming from nothing.

Nothing is stopping anybody from success except themselves and the negative nancies in their ear. Someone working minimum wage should keep filling out job applications or save enough money to move to a place with more opportunities.

I'm not saying you, or your dad, don't work hard, but making $500/hr or $5/hr is strictly a matter of circumstance.

You never know what a simple decision wiĺl bring. HVAC could have been a dead end for your dad.

h.h.

Veteran
Life shouldn’t be a monopoly game. Not everybody wins at monopoly. Some are better at chess. Those who can’t play chess look down on those who can’t play monopoly. Don’t even mention checkers.
Then we have the spectators who don’t play anything and will cheer on one side or the other. The non participants who claim both games are rigged.

What’s it all about Mr. Natural?

picture.php

h.h.

Veteran
I'm not saying you, or your dad, don't work hard, but making $500/hr or $5/hr is strictly a matter of circumstance.

You never know what a simple decision wiĺl bring. HVAC could have been a dead end for your dad.

In order to make it, you have to give up family time. Kids get neglected, end up in jail.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
then he probably needs to make a career change. I know loads of people who went to university and racked up a student debt to study art. now they are living back with their parents in their 30s with mediocre jobs, but got a degree in art.

So they made that career change.

How are they faring these days?

Brother Nature

Life shouldn’t be a monopoly game. Not everybody wins at monopoly. Some are better at chess. Those who can’t play chess look down on those who can’t play monopoly. Don’t even mention checkers.
Then we have the spectators who don’t play anything and will cheer on one side or the other. The non participants who claim both games are rigged.

What about Chess Boxing? It's a little more intense than monopoly.

[YOUTUBEIF]ZTcsWmkYg68[/YOUTUBEIF]

packerfan79

Veteran
That doesn't happen because two kids growing up in a minimum wage household won't be able to go to college.

There's glass ceilings all over.

You won't hear about it from talk radio.

You can ask the people directly though.

But then you would have to take their word for it.

Just out of curiosity, what degree did this person you know receive?

I don't disagree with the fact that circumstances color your outlook on life. Maybe we need to stop raising kids with participation trophies for every thing.

As adults we should be mentoring young people, maybe not you with your determination to convince people they can't succeed without a government handout, or a rich parent.

I came from nothing and am in a pretty good position, could be better but I I can't complain my kids want for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts