What's new

The 2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

med4u

Veteran
IMO you'd be a fool to believe or trust Trump and his team of experts where this virus is concerned. The administration dropped the ball when they put economic and reelection concerns first.

Did you pay attention to what China did? They sure as shit didn't blow up their GDP because this virus "is like the flu".

Most people who end up hospitalized need ICU. The US maxes out at 95,000 ICU beds. That's not even enough for a single state like California or Texas or Florida or NY......

The only thing Trump and his experts will accomplish is making people aware that our medical system is woefully inadequate as medical rationing becomes the new reality for many.

Every time I hear Trump go on about what a great job he did by restricting travel to and from China I just want to smack the shit out of him and anyone repeating that shit. It should have been a worldwide travel ban to the US back in early - mid January. Combined with widespread testing and a serious effort to increase hospital/ICU capacity in Feb. The current shutdown of schools and large gatherings is about a month late by my research.

According to Dr. Richard Martinello, an associate professor of medicine at Yale specializing in infectious diseases, roughly 85% of those who contract the coronavirus will have mild to moderate symptoms that can be treated at home.
As of today the WHO reports of the 127,000 infected with covid 19
70,000 have recovered

Although far to early to assess economic impact...of coarse all economies world wide can expect to take a hit,some more than others...
The US economy was and is in a very strong position to absorb volatility from this impact,all will recover as the threat tapers and stabilizes
Imo...anyone with common sense did not need a presidential declaration of emergency to brace for impact and take neccessary precautions to deal with a fast spreading epidemic...some folks feel a need to squeeze all the charmin...
Panic poses a far more potential threat than the virus itself
A world travel ban would have had a devastating impact as can be seen from the euro ban alone, the influx of people is taxing the abilities of airports to process in an orderly fashion,and could lead to failures to screen and detect incoming infections
Perhaps controlling the number of flights per day would be a more prudent approach allowing the system to keep up...js

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Come to so cal, or just live in your confirmation bias bubble. I really don't care. Your either part of the problem, or part of the solution. Denying reality is not going to solve a damn thing.

Do you really think my wife, wants our children exposed to used needles, and homeless encampments. My wife would call you an idiot, and move on. My wife doesn't really like weed, you think she's going to be supportive of free heroin for all. :jerkit:

Yeah, I get it you don't want to talk about the consequences of the policies you are advocating for.

I have said nothing of the kind. A cup of tea is far removed from needles in the park. In her studies, your wife may well have covered the 'rat park' experiments. I was deeply involved in these. You always put words in other's mouths to fit your skewed view of what you wish to reply with.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Okay then. You can have the Folgers.

I can't drink the stuff after a youthful mishap.
Junior high yearbook entry:
attachment.php

Attachments

• folger's.jpg
    folger's.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 19

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
He actually passed The Law Against Dangerous Habitual Criminals...

Upon this law's passage, the homeless and drug dependent were sent to concentration camps.

Very efficient and effective.

And legal.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i havent been following the whole convo you guys have had, but is this really anyone's policy?

clearly the drug war has been a decades long disaster of epic worldwide proportions and needs to be eradicated yesterday, but free heroin for all? that's just silly...

England has drastically cut their heroin/health/crime problems. an addict can go to the medical authorities & register as an addict. you are given a time to show up, they give you your daily maintenance dose, & you go about your day. no need to burglarize homes, commit street crimes for your daily hit. knocks down on exposure to diseases as well, since the syringe used is new. free heroin for hard-core addicts "might" be the way to go...only reason shit is expensive is because it is illegal.:tiphat:

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

"I don’t take any responsibility at all"

Yep, that is gonna be golden going forward. imo.

Makes you proud don't he? buahahahahahahaha

minds_I

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
He's the same jackass that declared a national emergency to fund his monument, yet waited weeks to do the same for a new virus epidemic.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Looks like the Indians think they might have found a cure: -

Hindu group hosts cow urine drinking party
What could go wrong? “We have been drinking cow urine for 21 years, we also take bath in cow dung. We have never felt the need to consume English medicine,” said Om Prakash, one of the pee party attendees.

It’s not just some small, no-name group that is pushing this idea either. Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Hindu nationalist party is pushing the idea that cow urine can be used to treat and even cure diseases from coronavirus to cancer.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=C1jlX_1584283738

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Hindu group hosts cow urine drinking party
“We have been drinking cow urine for 21 years, we also take bath in cow dung. We have never felt the need to consume English medicine,” said Om Prakash, one of the pee party attendees.

:laughing:

Well, I'm sure that idea will go over great in the western world...

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
You want to be the expert guest speaker?

Wendull C. infers that everyone that disagrees with him is a FAG (pardon the language). It does make one wonder about young
Wendull C., doesn't it?

Come back at me now, Wendull C. without calling me a fag or referring to dicks or pussies at all.:laughing: Do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts