What's new

The 2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Let's be real here my friend. A socialized medical system caused this crap show we now deal with. If China wasn't such a fuck shit show of a country we could have been dealing with this, without all the unknowns. Not that the media wouldn't still be licking their chops, at the idea of increased ratings.

No Packer, China is a third world country. It's a dump. Most of the people live in shacks with no plumbing and the ones that live in cities are gagging on poison air constantly while they work for peanuts.

If you can confuse China with Belgium, Holland, France, Germany, Scandi, You my friend have No Clue

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think I just read there cutting fed interest rates to 0. I cant find anything on it. It just happened from Trumptool

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It wont effect me.. Turd thinks its good so I assumed his monkeys would as well.

Here is is

Federal Reserve will cut target interest rate to zero
In a bold, emergency action to support the economy during the coronavirus pandemic, the Federal Reserve on Sunday announced it would cut its target interest rate to zero.

The last time the Fed cut rates to zero was during the global financial crisis just over a decade ago.

President Donald Trump, who has been very critical of Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell, praised the move as "great for our country."

"That brings us in line with what other countries are," Trump said. "They actually have negative rates, but look, we got it down to potentially zero, so that's a big step and I'm very happy they did it."

packerfan79

Veteran
No Packer, China is a third world country. It's a dump. Most of the people live in shacks with no plumbing and the ones that live in cities are gagging on poison air constantly while they work for peanuts.

If you can confuse China with Belgium, Holland, France, Germany, Scandi, You my friend have No Clue

But Bernie said they have done more to stop poverty than any other country.

Is Bernie lying, or are you?

Oh, and yes they have your socialized medicine. Sorry, you don't like the outcome of your preferred healthcare system.

M

Mr D

It wont effect me.. Turd thinks its good so I assumed his monkeys would as well.

Here is is

In a bold, emergency action to support the economy during the coronavirus pandemic, the Federal Reserve on Sunday announced it would cut its target interest rate to zero.

The last time the Fed cut rates to zero was during the global financial crisis just over a decade ago.

President Donald Trump, who has been very critical of Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell, praised the move as "great for our country."

"That brings us in line with what other countries are," Trump said. "They actually have negative rates, but look, we got it down to potentially zero, so that's a big step and I'm very happy they did it."

It will affect you in some very big ways. None of them are good.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor

Oh, and yes they have your socialized medicine. Sorry, you don't like the outcome of your preferred healthcare system.

"But Bernie said........."

Sure he did Packer. Suuure.
All fantasy. Show me where Bernie idolized China for socialized medicine.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Lowering the Prime to zero just means the banks make more when they wack you 16% on your credit card bill.

Like Hammer - Zero debt.

White Beard

1.5 trillion corona stimulus for wall street

we could have given every American $1000/month UBI for nearly 5 months during this time
Extra free money for the wealthiest - what’s not to love?

Look at it another way: a down payment on 70,000,000 dead worldwide. Again, what’s not to love?

Letting interest-chargers get the money for free - and charge interest. Moved by Mr. Trump’s patriotic zeal

It will affect you in some very big ways. None of them are good.

More power for the wealth-creating machines of business and industry.

If nothing else, prepare to see rents spike again

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im pretty sure that's for new debt?. If you bought a car yesterday whatever the rate is in your contract is what you pay. I could be wrong not in the mood to look it up.

The target rate is the interest rate charged by one depository institution on an overnight sale of balances at the Federal Reserve to another depository institution,
Updated October 30, 2019. The interest rate targeted by the Federal Reserve, the federal funds rate, is currently 1.5% to 1.75%. Who is this going to effect. It doesn't look like it will help the public at all.

M

Mr D

It also drives price inflation on every good and service you still use. If you have any savings that inflation combined with 0% interest rates on your savings transfers wealth from you to the bankers. Savers need to earn the same rate of interest on their savings as the rate of inflation just to break even. If your savings account or investment pays 3.5% interest and the rate of inflation is 4% you are losing money.

This is why I said people to need to learn how money works. I seriously recommend search youtube for Congressman Ron Paul videos of him in congressional hearings questioning the federal reserve chairman. Most of them are short but very informative.

M

Mr D

Im pretty sure that's for new debt?. If you bought a car yesterday whatever the rate is in your contract is what you pay. I could be wrong not in the mood to look it up.

The target rate is the interest rate charged by one depository institution on an overnight sale of balances at the Federal Reserve to another depository institution,
Updated October 30, 2019. The interest rate targeted by the Federal Reserve, the federal funds rate, is currently 1.5% to 1.75%. Who is this going to effect. It doesn't look like it will help the public at all.

Learn about how inflation works and why the Fed's interest rate cuts mean higher prices at the grocery stores, your doctors office, your utility costs, the price of maintenance on your vehicle and many other things that don't have anything to do with personal debt.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When will I see that start to effect me, maybe in 2 years lol. Ill let ya know when that happens :D. I guess this blunder from turd is not something your liking much.. Hes been after Powell forever to lower it.

Last edited:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Massachusetts closing all schools tuesday. Restaurants must be take out only. No gatherings of more than 25. Good moves. Social distancing.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran

Or are you?

Could we have the source of what Bernie actually said?

I'm guessing you didn't look at any other nation besides China, you know, any other civilized industrialzed nation has socialized healthcare.

Sorry you don't like the idea of everybody getting healthcare, but there's a lot of people who are interested in helping others instead of justifying who gets to live.

M

Mr D

When will I see that start to effect me, maybe in 2 years lol. Ill let ya know when that happens :D. I guess this blunder from turd is not something your liking much.. Hes been after Powell for ever to lower it.

Trump is the product of your sacred 2 party system. Democrats are as much to blame as republicans for producing a president like Trump, or Obama, or Bush, or Clinton, or Bush.....

I express my displeasure at the voting booth.

You continue the great circle jerk where someone like Biden becomes a serious consideration for president by "highly educated" people. Because as the logic goes, Trump was so fuckin bad that you'll vote for Charles Manson. Until the the next election when some other really shitty asshole candidate is rolled out behind the banner of "He's better than Biden". In between you'll whine about how fucked up things are. Same old same old.

Status
Not open for further replies.