another purple but frond like colas

durlumbo seed plants 2.JPG

led05

Chasing The Present
original fat durlumbo cut from original seed grow

and various phenotypes..purple, purple knobby, and out of picture is
another purple but frond like colas

View attachment 19023835
Looks good; as you know I separated Durlumbo into two - Green & Red / Purple; since I preferred Green that is what I’ve worked on a few more generations after making the original Durlumbos to get what you see on previous pages, which ime are the best yet :) - F4 Durlumbo

led05

Chasing The Present
Man do things change when you take a quick vacation, cucumber explosion

IMG_0895.jpeg

IMG_0896.jpeg

Nicely @ here dill just volunteers like crazy so we’ve always got good seed for pickling

IMG_0897.jpeg

Cucumber left side (4 types pickling) Melons on right, Musk & Korean types
IMG_0898.jpeg

Lots of cool flowers this year

IMG_0894.jpeg

IMG_0909.jpeg

IMG_0912.jpeg

Big Hydrangeas about to explode into flower

IMG_0913.jpeg

Red raspberry done, black ones still going, very respectable amount of blueberries on young canes, my girls picked a couple of quarts fast then I found my 4 year old hiding on back side eating them for who knows how long hours later, lol, all that acid is gonna be tough on her I bet

IMG_0901.jpeg

led05

Chasing The Present
HI Indica
IMG_0903.jpeg

Durlumbo - I choose this female from one of many based on terps & fact she had / has the stickiest stems I’ve ever felt on a plant & she expresses exactly what I’m looking for on Durlumbos on stem & petiole rubs - huge plant already, stem is already a few inches diameter, unlikely any chance to finish here but certainly gonna try :)

IMG_0905.jpeg

1990 Seed of Early Pearl - in a week or so gonna hit her w Cambodian pollen, Cambodian / Laos pollen & Cambodian x Gambian pollen

IMG_0906.jpeg

MNS Angel Heart seed from 12-13 years ago

IMG_0907.jpeg

Tang Mix Fem

IMG_0908.jpeg

Probably done training outdoors ones, the GH ones getting it now

IMG_0911.jpeg

laszlokovacs

Wow those melons are really pushing! How densely planted are they and do you have any issues with the vines spilling over the edges of the container?

I think I have 20-30 melon plants in about 200sqft, I was gonna thin a couple but seeing your pics I'm second guessing myself

led05

Chasing The Present
That Durlumbo seems to be making quite a name for itself brother whats the high like?
Yes indeed & TY; to me it’s all day & into evening smoke, bedtime too, little to no edginess to it but very strong, head on a string POI, can get a lot done but also make you dreamy, zone out some too, why am I in the garage again :) … Smoke & flavor is full blown Colombian / African frankincense sativa, premium all @ and easy enough to grow, huge producers, what’s not to love ..

Most people I shared with got F1, I grow the F3/F4 Green which are my favorite for head stash. kushyman / rgd got F1 for example & calls it his nighttime grail, it’s definitely an aphrodisiac too but for me it’s all day everyday poi too, Kushy ain’t no spring chicken & is still searching for his day grail, he’s gonna find it in the SE Asians & or SE Asian x Colombian X’s here soon enough I’m certain

Some cut flowers for the misses

IMG_0914.jpeg

Wow those melons are really pushing! How densely planted are they and do you have any issues with the vines spilling over the edges of the container?

I think I have 20-30 melon plants in about 200sqft, I was gonna thin a couple but seeing your pics I'm second guessing myself
IMG_0898.jpeg

Melons & Cucumbers are each in @ a 25’x4’ wide raised stone bed garden that forms an equal sided length L, cucumbers on one side melons the other… I will pull many hundreds of pounds of both, especially the cucumbers as long as it rains or I remember to water them often enough, buried soaker hose in there all I’ve gotta do is flip a valve…

For most runners I let them thin / outcompete themselves, this year thrips demolished my cucumber & melon starts so I put up the fabric & planted directly, I’ll never do it any other way moving forwards ;)

Peace - thx for stopping by fellas

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
Man do things change when you take a quick vacation, cucumber explosion

View attachment 19028606

View attachment 19028607

Nicely @ here dill just volunteers like crazy so we’ve always got good seed for pickling

View attachment 19028608

Cucumber left side (4 types pickling) Melons on right, Musk & Korean types
View attachment 19028609

Lots of cool flowers this year

View attachment 19028612

View attachment 19028610

View attachment 19028611

Big Hydrangeas about to explode into flower

View attachment 19028613

Red raspberry done, black ones still going, very respectable amount of blueberries on young canes, my girls picked a couple of quarts fast then I found my 4 year old hiding on back side eating them for who knows how long hours later, lol, all that acid is gonna be tough on her I bet

View attachment 19028614

Your connection to the land is evident. Growing flowers, veggies, and fruits of all kinds. Having an outside garden of your size is a lot of work.

The Durlumbo sounds like a dream. She is certainly a yielder, but the thing I like most about her is that it's NLD, my favorite type of plant to grow.

I grow indoors, and keeping the plants from growing into the lights can be challenging. You have her locked in.

led05

Chasing The Present
I grow indoors, and keeping the plants from growing into the lights can be challenging. You have her locked in.
many thanks Joe for the comments and visit.... Key inside for these Sativas IME is container size and knowing when to begin flower and then also manipulating them via lighting etc as much as possible within reasonable efforts & time committed. Indoors my basement ceilings are close to 9' tall (drop ceiling removed) so I am extremely spoiled in that regard... That said my garage room has 11 foot ceilings and when I've grown Durlumbo in there in larger containers they have grow into the lights as ten foot tall plants.....

These plants can flower endlessly too inside it seems, just shooting out more and more and more, gotta take them at some point though......

Here's a extremely sticky Durlumbo getting quite large outside; if she finishes she's gonna drop many many pounds there..... I ran a colombian x Cambodian mix there a few years ago that I finished in mid / late Nov, for around here that never never never ever happens as that was an incredibly unusual year, it gave me well over 5 elbows of primo shit and I tossed at least a couple lbs of lowers :)

IMG_0923.jpeg

IMG_0924.jpeg

Normally we get first hard freeze around here early Oct, but past few years it's been later than that. The plant that finished in Nov had a few 2-3" snow events, she took it like a champ....

These sativas are TOUGH :)

Beautiful leaf off of Uncle Buck x Cambodian

IMG_0929.jpeg

Loriented

I generally have a few different rooms going but delete pics in my phones after I post onto forums, thus I’ve got few old cannabis pics unless I pull off other forums (lots work) in my phone to share - so for now, just gotta be patient but in general there’s “activity”… probably too much

So for now you can see at your pleasure, if you’d like, some farming pics & some food pics of meals we’ve made here, often much of the meal is composed of products we farmed….

Again this is all done on an acre of land smack dab in the middle of a neighborhood; so many people have the resources just at their fingertips, everything here was crappy grasslands and the developer skimmed off most the top soil & sold it off, weasel - so I’ve been building up my land for a decade now… After living in one the largest concrete jungles in North America for a decade, I couldn’t wait to bust out the chains; I felt caged literally and figuratively…

Growing cannabis isn’t the only plants that are addicting, I encourage all to try additional species, you can’t! imagine how great simple things can taste, and how great that closed loop feels, mentally, physically & spiritually and how much better it makes LIFE…..

Bla bla bla

View attachment 18749706

View attachment 18749707

View attachment 18749708

View attachment 18749709

View attachment 18749710

View attachment 18749711

View attachment 18749712

View attachment 18749713

View attachment 18749714

View attachment 18749715

I’d love to see others pics & photos…please share!!

I also know a tiny bit about organic farming & have been told I have an uncanny ability to diagnose issues & deficiencies - I’m glad to help when @ and time allows
1000012810.jpg

No where near what you have produced. Week 7 of my tomato plants this year