What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Announcement Introducing Veteran members

mr.brunch

Veteran
This site is and always has been a gold mine. I would subscribe/donate but not in a financial position to do so … one day if my ship comes in as they say.
As with a lot of members here, it’s my only real opportunity to speak with like minded people due mostly to the ridiculous legal situation.

For now I try to help keep the place active with as many grow diaries as possible, hopefully that helps at least a few people…. I’d be lost without the place as I’m sure many would.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
As long as there is Gold in the mine, it will be a productive mine...

If you as a member aren't bringing good solid information to share here at icmag, bring your checkbook, send Gypsy a$100 bucks to use as he needs and sees fit to do.

Our governments take money from all of us by enforceable laws! Please tell me you have enough integrity to support something you love and believe in.

It's a privilege to have this site for our use.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
So how much to get into trading post and veterans section?
I don’t like thinking I’m missing out.
This is the only website I post on. I love it here. Been viewing content/learning from here for 20 years.. just didn’t join.. glad I did. ✌️💚
I'd try sending some money with a nice letter and see what happens?
Peace brother 🙏

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
So how much to get into trading post and veterans section?
I don’t like thinking I’m missing out.
This is the only website I post on. I love it here. Been viewing content/learning from here for 20 years.. just didn’t join.. glad I did. ✌️💚
It's a shame you didn't join in the past because if you had been a member here that long even if just a free member you would have been upgraded to veteran status by now and veteran members get automatic access to the trading post. I forget what the limits are to get upgraded to veteran I want to say it's 15 years and 10000 posts but I could be wrong. I believe paid subscription members get access to the trading post but I'm not sure if they get access to the veteran section?

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
premium users : veteran area, archives and trade node
(new users will not have the right to enter the trade node minimum is 1 year membership plus 100 posts, maybe i am wrong with the numbers but something like this)

420club was limited time tier to enter veteran area and to read the archives (no trade node)

Senior Grower

Chili Canna Gourmet
Last edited:

Senior Grower

Chili Canna Gourmet
Yeah I knew that someone put up something similar to the old site but is it the same? Does it have all the old content?
No, the history posted on the new site explains a lot. Apparently, quite a bit of historical stuff has been lost. Also due to the fact that the Wayback machine refused/refuses to publicise a lot of it due to the legality issues or whatever. But some of the old site has been recreated in places - it is a bit of a search, though.

superx

Veteran
It's 10 years and 1000 posts OR 10 years and 420 reaction/reputation points to be veteran.
Or 10 USD a month through Patreon, by becoming a "Premium User".
Is there a option for yearly subscription, or lifetime subscription, in support of the forum rather than monthly payments.. If there is, can you post me a link please, cheers.

airplane

That's a very lovely sentiment but just so you know, in case you don't, this site isn't the only one of it's kind out there. It might be the best now and it's probably the easiest to find. Some of the others operate by referal only to try to control who joins. I certainly hope this site is still around in 100 years to spread the knowledge it currently has as well as the knowledge it picks up in the next hundred years. Unfortunately things change and in a hundred years the internet as the public now knows it, might not be here any more. As the old saying goes, there is nothing constant but change. Another potential issue is that sites like these cost money to maintain and operate. I know from talking to the owner (Gypsy Nirvana) who is an active member here as well, that the site isn't bringing in as much money as it used to. I'm confident that Gypsy will keep it going as long as humanly possible but there could come a time when he has to sell it or shut it down. Selling it might keep it going but the new owners would likely be more motivate by the money they can make. Whereas Gypsy is motivated by passion and what this site represents. So to help keep it alive it would be good if more people donated or became subscription members or actually took advantage of buying things from the advertisers here. This site is a definite treasure trove of knowledge and resources but that isn't always enough. There was at least one other site Overgrow.com that was as much if not more of a valuable resource that no longer exists. Alas it was unfortunately lost several years ago when the owner of that site was busted and the equipment to run the site was confiscated.
More great sites are:
Overgrow.com
Pheno-Hunter.org
Soak-n-Beans.com
THC Farmer.com
Roll-it-Up.com

but ICMA is the oldest site of them all with Roll-it-Up and OverGrow next in line. I f you breed Pheno-Hunter is good also. James Loud has a new book out on breeding, Used to use Nirvana but I out grew it was # 1 on forum for about 4ys (+) GrowWeedEasy.com is an excellent site to learn and reference 9one of the best for learning they have a forum also ------- A+ learning site