What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

led05

Chasing The Present
Never grew beets before. Just picked 1, to see how it turned out. View attachment 19030953
Twist off tops with your hands in the field, use the rest ;)

We grow lots of beets (what’s specific name of those?), so good for you, we do a quick steam on them & munch munch munch…. I plant 3 different rotations each year, first in late February or so in GH & last @ now outside

Few types of pickling cucumbers, we only grow pickling types anymore they simply taste so much better than others it’s not worth our efforts devoting space away from them

Every other day harvests like this, I need to find some time here soon to do a few different picklings in bulk

IMG_1005.jpeg

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
Never grew beets before. Just picked 1, to see how it turned out. View attachment 19030953
I have a great video at the time of my older daughter saying “whoa that’s a big beet” when she was 3; I forget what it weighed but it was like 11-13lbs or something iirc, made like a 2/3rd a gallon of juice with it, it was delicious and holy shit an energy kick drinking a cup full

IMG_0256.jpeg

Few other pics from that same year; always nice stumbling down memory lane

IMG_0516.jpeg

IMG_1297.jpeg

IMG_1309.jpeg

IMG_1486.jpeg

IMG_1479.jpeg

IMG_1683.jpeg

IMG_1770.jpeg

IMG_2078.jpeg

IMG_3436.jpeg

Last edited:

Loriented

Twist off tops with your hands in the field, use the rest ;)

We grow lots of beets (what’s specific name of those?), so good for you, we do a quick steam on them & munch munch munch…. I plant 3 different rotations each year, first in late February or so in GH & last @ now outside

Few types of pickling cucumbers, we only grow pickling types anymore they simply taste so much better than others it’s not worth our efforts devoting space away from them

Every other day harvests like this, I need to find some time here soon to do a few different picklings in bulk

View attachment 19031083
Not sure, and lost the seed pack.

Loriented

Many thanks brother

Looking awesome my friend, would love it if more people shared pics in here of anything relevant :tiphat:

Cheers
One year I had a really nice patch of Strawberries, not sure of the variety. I made strawberry wine from them, I had so many. The next spring, my wife told some kid visiting us to weed the strawberry patch. He pulled all the strawberry plants :(
I never tried again until this year... I put in about 8 plants, 4 varieties. I am going to start putting sandwich bags with dirt on the ends of all the runners, to try to propagate a bunch of new ones for next year.
1000012826.jpg

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
Absolutely Beautiful plants Ledo5

Peace brother
Many Thanks !

One year I had a really nice patch of Strawberries, not sure of the variety. I made strawberry wine from them, I had so many. The next spring, my wife told some kid visiting us to weed the strawberry patch. He pulled all the strawberry plants :(
I never tried again until this year... I put in about 8 plants, 4 varieties. I am going to start putting sandwich bags with dirt on the ends of all the runners, to try to propagate a bunch of new ones for next year. View attachment 19031336
I used to grow strawberries but I’ve got a fella I know who owns a farm just down the road & they grow the best organic dirt strawberries I’ve ever had and for a fair price or even better trade, I know when I’m outclassed.

So now the only berries left here we grow:
- Serviceberry
- Blueberry
- Red & black raspberry

But we’ve also got
- Peaches
- Pears
- Asian Pears
- 10 different apple varieties

So hands are a wee bit full as it is

The biggest problem here is trying to get the wife & kids more involved, especially w harvesting as I don’t expect too much assistance on the front & growing ends- the berries never seem to be the issue though in that regard - haha ha

led05

Chasing The Present
Pickling & watching Soccer day

30 pounds cucumbers picked yesterday & today; 3 types of pickling ones

Ingredients list
- Cucumbers, Garlic, onions, Dill seeded flower heads, Cinnamon, cardamon, cloves, sugar, pickling salt, mustard seed, all spice, dried ghost chilies, calcium chloride, 5% white vinegar or ACV

Most of the ingredients are grown here the obvious ones aren’t

The beginning stages - 3.5 gallons of Brine being made, trying to make at least 20 Quarts with some Brine leftover but would be nice to make 25-30 jars if possible and use it all; we’ll see

This is a brand new recipe I’m trying for first time I just came up with, will see how it does - I’ve actually documented exact amounts which is rare for me, hoping it’s a good one, the brine tastes great to me so it’s very promising

IMG_1046.jpeg

IMG_1044.jpeg

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Some of those cucumbers look a bit overripe. Do you enjoy them like that or what happened there? Do they need to be picked late for canning?
Also, are the ghost chilly jars for friends or enemies? :muahaha:

numide

Veteran
Incredible garden my friend :love:
I’ve got 7 Durlumbo, 2 Sweet and SourD Tang and 1 Tang Mix fem, thanks a lot bro;)
The Tang mix fem is the smelliest plant in the backyard, can’t wait to see it in flower

Have a good summer with yours Ledo

Cheers

led05

Chasing The Present
Some of those cucumbers look a bit overripe. Do you enjoy them like that or what happened there? Do they need to be picked late for canning?
Also, are the ghost chilly jars for friends or enemies? :muahaha:
It’s the type, there’s 3 types one of them yellows like that; I taste a tiny piece on every one to make sure they’re good after cutting off each end, out of that entire 30lbs only one I tossed, that’s of course after doing a quick selection in field and already tossing shitty ones while harvesting, I was very surprised more didn’t taste bitter / poor than just the one… If you’re referencing the seed size, if they taste good or better they go in ;)

I love the heat, those 8 jars are mine & only mine - ha

Incredible garden my friend :love:
I’ve got 7 Durlumbo, 2 Sweet and SourD Tang and 1 Tang Mix fem, thanks a lot bro;)
The Tang mix fem is the smelliest plant in the backyard, can’t wait to see it in flower

Have a good summer with yours Ledo

Cheers
I love to hear it, some of the “unknown” mix x Tang Fems I started reeked too & still do, the handful of female moms used in the Mix were all very very good

Have a great summer too buddy been a hot & dry one @ here thus far

Rgd

Veteran
That Durlumbo seems to be making quite a name for itself brother whats the high like?
Hi Bro..and I am the biggest fan..

***and more discerning than led05.***[joke]

really potent..but too much relaxation for day starter for me..

but I would smoke it during the day if I had to

perhaps the latest one you showed has the day crunch..sounds like it..

and yeh led05..that last one you said was edgy ahs the look of something that is edgy

[you used a different term]

If I can coax a couple more weeks out of this i will turn my other grows of it into hash..

i still haven’t done it justice

the hash has the same high as the weed..which for me is rare..

I give the hash I make away..except for this

led05

Chasing The Present
Big Girl - @ 10 feet across, 6-7’ tall, trunk is 3-4” diameter already, gonna be a monster for @ here…. Hope she finishes

Sticky Durlumbo (named due stickiest stems & petioles I’ve ever felt on a plant)

IMG_1063.jpeg

Early Pearl from 1990 seed stock

IMG_1065.jpeg

IMG_1066.jpeg

Some of the more hidden arms are really starting to flower; instead of pollinating this woman I’m gonna try & reverse a few arms and hope she puts some seeds in everything @ her

led05

Chasing The Present
Just fed flowers & herbs15 year old organic fertilizer, smells just as bad as day I bought it - ha - bought a bunch of these bottles on clearance when it was discontinued nearly a decade ago iirc

clumpy as shit but hot water solved that…. I’m not discerning

IMG_1092.jpeg

Plants love it too

led05

Chasing The Present
have not felt the cambo/laos effects so excited,,especially crossed this gem

way to go.. bro
Make them express properly and you’ll be rewarded, & with Grail grade variety :)

And TY

Left is 34 year old EP seed, I’m actually liking this plant a lot more day by day, I isolated & drenched an arm with a CS/STS blend, hopefully she turns - definitely harder to turn one tiny arm on a rapidly growing outdoor plant but we’ll see

Right is Angel Heart from MNS @2011/12 seed

IMG_1098.jpeg

AH
IMG_1075.jpeg

1990 EP
IMG_1078.jpeg

HI Indica
IMG_1094.jpeg

Tang Fem Mix, this plant smells oh so nice

IMG_1076.jpeg

The big gal Durlumbo, thinning out as she explodes

IMG_1096.jpeg

IMG_1095.jpeg

Uncle Buck x Cambodian
IMG_1101.jpeg

IMG_1100.jpeg

^ keeping them in 20Gallon pots this year to keep them smaller, last couple years was ridiculous inside the GH

Onions are bangin this year
IMG_1102.jpeg