What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

4x4 overkill?

4x4 overkill?

• Total voters

cellardwellar420

1721097528756.jpeg

Rocket Soul

I find the numbers quite sus tbh, if based on a 620w light; there just wouldnt be enough photons produced for that kind of numbers. Are we to believe that this light gives an average of +1000ppfd in a 4x4 if powered at half power, 310watts? Thats what these diagrams seem to be saying and i recon its very to close to call BS. Also seems impossible to pull up details on this light/brand thru google.

Last edited:

cellardwellar420

I find the numbers quite sus tbh, if based on a 620w light; there just wouldnt be enough photons produced for that kind of numbers. Are we to believe that this light gives an average of +1000ppfd in a 4x4 if powered at half power, 310watts? Thats what these diagrams seem to be saying and i recon its very to close to call BS. Also seems impossible to pull up details on this light/brand thru google.
I thought i should take the numbers with a grain of salt, but ill update you guys:) I am a part time student and cant afford good light..
if dimmable then no, not an overkill.
It is dimmable but in a weird way, like 25% 50%, 75% with or without diff spectrums. :)

cellardwellar420

I ordered it yesterday, if it is total garbage i can return it. i guess its allright for a beginner

Here is the brand by the way
HEYhttps://www.amazon.com/SZHLUX-Spectrum-Sunlight-Seedling-Commercial/dp/B0CJJ4RYP5?th=1HEY

Last edited:

Rocket Soul

I thought i should take the numbers with a grain of salt, but ill update you guys:) I am a part time student and cant afford good light..
There are cheapish and good lights out there, what budget do you have? Us/eu market?
Not sure where you found the light but generally browsing thru amazon is sorta a way to get something with questionable quality.

cellardwellar420

There are cheapish and good lights out there, what budget do you have? Us/eu market?
Not sure where you found the light but generally browsing thru amazon is sorta a way to get something with questionable quality.
Like Max 650dollars. Oh i am norwegian, i thougt amazon had qualitym, is it really like aliexpress?';)
1721175253087.gif

Rocket Soul

Like Max 650dollars. Oh i am norwegian, i thougt amazon had qualitym, is it really like aliexpress?';) View attachment 19033840
Hello Norge!

Amazon has some quality but in lower price range its almost impossible to find which one, cause there are very many questionable products, china lights with impossible spec.

A few places you can check:
- HLG europe has boards, if you wanted to diy for a cheap build. This can be done for around 300e + powersupply and some alu framing.
- vipar spectra xs1500pro: a cheapo light for a 2x2 often available for less than 150. 4 of those.
There are a few decent alibaba dealers with european warehouses, you can try kingbrite or meijiu which ive dealt with and are decent. Will back up warranty by sending out parts for replacement.

cellardwellar420

Hello Norge!

Amazon has some quality but in lower price range its almost impossible to find which one, cause there are very many questionable products, china lights with impossible spec.

A few places you can check:
- HLG europe has boards, if you wanted to diy for a cheap build. This can be done for around 300e + powersupply and some alu framing.
- vipar spectra xs1500pro: a cheapo light for a 2x2 often available for less than 150. 4 of those.
There are a few decent alibaba dealers with european warehouses, you can try kingbrite or meijiu which ive dealt with and are decent. Will back up warranty by sending out parts for replacement.
Thanks mate!👍