What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Starlite LED / Flip Chip Opto - 2400 WATTS OF LED POWER! (Duet/Apollo/Luna)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any plans to make COB's with the same Spectrum as CMH(6500K)? I don't like the Pink hue of LED grow lights. Some COBS with just a single spectrum of 6500k is what I would like.

URSA LED

Vendor
Any plans to make COB's with the same Spectrum as CMH(6500K)? I don't like the Pink hue of LED grow lights. Some COBS with just a single spectrum of 6500k is what I would like.

Our COB spectrums are fully customization per your order/request. We can make anything happen from 2700-6500 (6000+ comes with additional cost, so will anything 91+ CRI).

We can make combo spectrums on the same COB as well. Take a look at our Duet 60 yin-yang phosphor.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anything that's 6k and below there's no additional cost? 6k is close enough for me. Price is 1 of the major concerns.. The top end of LEDS are in the 3k$ rannge. That puts most out of the game.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I'd love to see a side by side between the new Fluence SpyderX Plus and this 640 watt unit.

-Funk

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd love to see a side by side between the new Fluence SpyderX Plus and this 640 watt unit.

-Funk

Judging by the orientation of the lights I don't see how it could have the penetration this thing does. Interesting for multi tier tho.

URSA LED

Vendor
Judging by the orientation of the lights I don't see how it could have the penetration this thing does. Interesting for multi tier tho.

Hi There!

There is a difference between the fluence fixture and ours.
The light engine is completely different. Although they are both LED lights, the LED chip structure is different down to the structure. Fluence would not provide the same penetration as COB technology as the LED chips are spread out onto a light bar as opposed to being densely packed into the size of your palm like our COBs.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From what I get you have a more densely packed LED array on a single board and you have different spectrum LED's on the same Board. Others don't do this?.

URSA LED

Vendor
From what I get you have a more densely packed LED array on a single board and you have different spectrum LED's on the same Board. Others don't do this?.

That is correct. Another thing to mention is we are NOT WIRE BOND/DISCRETE LEDS. We designed our own LED chip structure, and patented it. (https://www.google.com/patents/US20130306964?dq=8735189). That stuff (wirebond/discrete leds) breaks under vibration and efficacy drops FAST under heat. Our light engines are designed to withstand any type of penetration, physical damage, and the structure is redundant on many levels. This redundant design is also why we are having intense military interest right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV6VmhfPu7Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blv_0TpGqz8

Most LED fixtures you buy, if one LED burns out, the entire row will burn out. I'm sure there are many examples on this forum that will point this out.

Take a look at some of our designs:
Duet-60.png

hempcon.jpg

leds.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you have any PAR data 12",24",36"? Until the price list is out and we have some product test results will see how they compare to others like the Black dog PhytoMAX. Never used 1 I think its 1 of the most expensive LED lights out.

URSA LED

Vendor
This is our PPFD data for our 320W Fixture @ 1 FT from canopy

Graph is in METERS not FEET, and again, we understand our optical and coverage issue, and we are half way designing an optical lens that will decrease fall off rate on the edges.

320W-FULL-SPECTRUM-PPFD.png

URSA LED

Vendor
This is our PPFD data for our 320W Fixture @ 2 FT from canopy

Again, graph is in meters, and read previous post about optical lens.
320W-FULL-SPECTRUM-PPFD-2-FEET.png

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great more info like you have been posting the better our intense group of product 'scrutinizers' can scour and draw out all the answers we need to make judgments heh :p Really looking forward to getting my hands on 640 fixtures hope the price isn't too high. I definitely like what I am seeing so far.

Dion

Originally Posted by Dion View Post
1) what driver would we need to run each colour independently?how would we connect it? does each colour have a separate connection point
2) are the 'reds' all 660nm?
3) obviously the white and red is the only spectrum of interest to those who have used/researched led for growing plants so what is the ratio of red to white in those chips?
4) what is the retail price and where can we buy them?
5)if this is not a thread for discussing this product does it mean if we have nothing good to say we should just say nothing?

Hi Dion,

1) Depending on which COB you order, you'll have to find the right wattage/voltage. For example, we use 2 X HLG 600W 54A to power our 1200W Fixture, and we'll be using 2 X HLG 320W to power our new 640W Fixture. You can take a look at the voltage/amp requirements on our COB datasheets. Depending on which COB you get, they are sectionalized (is that even a word?), meaning each section on the COB has it's own power input. Our Apollo 2400/Duet 2400 has 4 individual inputs. You could even ask us to make a white 3080/white 4080/blue/red combo for all 4 sections. If you want to go a little more pro, you could even program it to dim each section different.

2) I quote from our research director on his exerpt about discrete led vs our COB:

"The third problem is the narrow bandwidth (~25nm) that discrete red LED packages emit. It is difficult for such a narrow bandwidth to simultaneously cover the absorption peaks of chlorophyll at 640nm and 660nm. On the other hand, Flip Chip Opto’s Duet technology provides a broad 80nm bandwidth which covers a majority of the red spectrum. We teamed with Flip Chip Opto’s phosphor division in order to ensure that the peak absorption spectrums of chlorophyll were well represented in our light signature. The result is an LED technology tailored toward horticultural use and built to perform through many grow cycles with no drop in efficiency"

3) We have both a fixed and dynamic version. We have 5 ratios per wattage model for example our Duet Fixed 300W (currently not on the website yet):

*NOTE ON PPFD READINGS THIS READING IS ON THE COB LEVEL WITH NO OPTICS AND NO SPECIFIED COVERAGE AREA
View Image

4) what is the retail price and where can we buy them?
You can purchase them directly from us by sending us an e-mail. You could also place an order with our office in Fremont.
Pricing and availability is currently very limited due to high demand so we are unable to display that on the website at this time.

5) It's a free country bro. :groupwave:

thank you for your reply

1) so each colour has its own power input- very cool and allows for a bit of tweeking the spectrum for veg to flower-nice

2)broader spectrum is good however u have unfortunately not told the whole story specific to the next point-still solid effort thanks

3) how do you derive ppfD when there is no specified coverage area- ?

density is....anyway i wont go into it but this makes absolutely no sense at all

especially when you are giving numbers in par it just doesnt add up

without specifc waveband information to calculate par....

i assume you put a par meter right under the cob to produce these numbers?

ur testing methods baffle me and if ur engineers dont know the dif between ppf and ppfd it certainly doesnt inspire confidence

BUT the real reason we all go for led is efficieny

so what are your numbers?
(i suppose because of the 600+nm leds you will want to avoid lumens per watt as they dont score too high?) so then how about ppf per watt? or photons per j or anything really to compare

:tiphat:

URSA LED

Vendor
Come look at this live at HEMPCON this weekend.

Our 640W Fixture features 100% fully independent dimmable functions (you can dim blue to 0% and red to 100% for a higher RED ratio for flowering, etc.)

STARLITE-ACTIVE-640.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I NEED 6 OF THOSE ;). How much dimming would 1 need to produce the same spectrum as the sun?. No pink