What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Starlite LED / Flip Chip Opto - 2400 WATTS OF LED POWER! (Duet/Apollo/Luna)

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Come look at this live at HEMPCON this weekend.

Our 640W Fixture features 100% fully independent dimmable functions (you can dim blue to 0% and red to 100% for a higher RED ratio for flowering, etc.)

View Image

Sick! Going to check it out in person this weekend at Hempcon...

As Hammerhead said, 6 sounds about right!

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah 6 is what I was thinking as well but we are not going to know till we actually see a full grow by a competent person under one of them with yield numbers. They look good so far.

Is there a feature where can just have white light for checking on the health of the plants and general maintenance? Not that it is that big of a deal but a nice feature to have.

URSA LED

Vendor
You could probably have 3095 on one section and 5070 on another section and that would be a nice range with dimming.

URSA LED

Vendor
New Grow Brochure
http://www.starlite-led.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Starlite_2016_GL_Brochure_F.pdf

PRICING-DISPLAY.jpg

woolybear

Veteran
what a deal! jeezus!

probably worth it to fly down to pick up a bunch lol...

let me know if you can extend similar terms to testers who can do a thread like crunch!

<--- just spent a few benjis on top bin cree cobs

krunchbubble

Veteran
Those Optilux's are calling my name....

2100 PPFD @ 1 ft... Those PPFD readings are insane!!!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did I miss how big of a foot print these can cover. GR1200, 600A ??. How do you buy these and whats the warranty on them ??

Last edited:

krunchbubble

Veteran
Did I miss how big of a foot print these can cover. GR1200, 600A ??. How do you buy these ?

From what I remember them telling me The GR1200, which they said replaces 4 1000 watt hid's, is meant for a high ceiling situation....

Government also uses them on the borders of countries that were not named.....

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have 12'-8' Ceilings. What about a 800-1000w version.. I have seen many say there LED will replace Hid I'm still waiting.. They don't have the penetration power hid does. These are still very new. we need a lot more data

krunchbubble

Veteran
I have 12'-8' Ceilings. What about a 800-1000w version.. I have seen many say there LED will replace Hid I'm still waiting.. They don't have the penetration power hid does. These are still very new. we need a lot more data

Im sure you have seen my LED thread? I posted a video of head to head DE's VS LED in a commercial garden and mentioned a few people...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't follow LED grows very often. Waiting for the tech to catch up. It will be awhile before we have enough grow data to show these or other LEDS will match or beat HID.

How many lights to fill a 8 x 8 square and another 4 x 4 space next to it? I have 30,000 btu split that's cooling 5 SE HPS in adjust a wings right now and a veg area. The room has no exhaust or intake and has CO2 supplementation. The veg area is 5 x 8 lit by all T5.

The lights are old and need replaced. My shop has me hyped about LEC lights and some other people are recommending buying the spyder LED.

Why should I buy your product and how should I set it up?

krunchbubble

Veteran
How many lights to fill a 8 x 8 square and another 4 x 4 space next to it? I have 30,000 btu split that's cooling 5 SE HPS in adjust a wings right now and a veg area. The room has no exhaust or intake and has CO2 supplementation. The veg area is 5 x 8 lit by all T5.

The lights are old and need replaced. My shop has me hyped about LEC lights and some other people are recommending buying the spyder LED.

Why should I buy your product and how should I set it up?

Alex usually does not answer on the weekends, but im sure I can give you a little information...

Starlites patented LED's perform much longer, better and at higher wattage's then just about every LED available. They dont source their LED's from China, like most LED companies. Starlites LED's last 10 years...

Starlites mission is to have THE BEST LED's on the market and are constantly improving on every aspect of their LED technology and light fixtures...

They test all other lights on the market against their lights. The Spyder you are interested in, is nothing more then a whole bunch of Chinese LED's with large aluminum bars to make it seem heavy and like a quality product. Seen it for myself when Starite was testing the light...

As with any LED system, the initial price is a little eye opening. BUT, the savings in AC over a year and no bulb replacements, most gardens make the initial investment back the first year...

If I ran a portable AC in my current LED grow, with the electricity rates here, It would cost me $80 a month...

About 8 months worth of cooling per year = $640. Plus the cost of the AC = $400. And not having to change a HPS bulb = $50. Total savings for my little 5X5 the first year is $1090 over a typical HPS setup!

Alex usually does not answer on the weekends, but im sure I can give you a little information...

Starlites patented LED's perform much longer, better and at higher wattage's then just about every LED available. They dont source their LED's from China, like most LED companies. Starlites LED's last 10 years...

Starlites mission is to have THE BEST LED's on the market and are constantly improving on every aspect of their LED technology and light fixtures...

They test all other lights on the market against their lights. The Spyder you are interested in, is nothing more then a whole bunch of Chinese LED's with large aluminum bars to make it seem heavy and like a quality product. Seen it for myself when Starite was testing the light...

As with any LED system, the initial price is a little eye opening. BUT, the savings in AC over a year and no bulb replacements, most gardens make the initial investment back the first year...

If I ran a portable AC in my current LED grow, with the electricity rates here, It would cost me $80 a month...

About 8 months worth of cooling per year = $640. Plus the cost of the AC = $400. And not having to change a HPS bulb = $50. Total savings for my little 5X5 the first year is $1090 over a typical HPS setup!

Thank you! I live in the Sac area and my bill is about to go to summer rates @ .19kw/hr. I run the AC all year long.

Which of those lights would you recommend for the 8 x8 and 4 x 4 sqaure canopy size? So roughly 90 sq ft of flowering space and about a 25 sq ft veg (i will still use t5 for starts).

krunchbubble

Veteran
Thank you! I live in the Sac area and my bill is about to go to summer rates @ .19kw/hr. I run the AC all year long.

Which of those lights would you recommend for the 8 x8 and 4 x 4 sqaure canopy size? So roughly 90 sq ft of flowering space and about a 25 sq ft veg (i will still use t5 for starts).

I am using their Helios 320, 4 of them for my 5X5. I was using 3 fixtures for a while, but 4 has a better coverage. 4 of them is about 25% brighter then a DE system!

Their new Optilux 600 covers a 2X4...

And heard there may be a new light coming out shorty that will be for a 4X4 area...

Link to current grow - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=325694

About to start a new thread today with their new Optilux 600 light...

Lyfespan

I am using their Helios 320, 4 of them for my 5X5. I was using 3 fixtures for a while, but 4 has a better coverage. 4 of them is about 25% brighter then a DE system!

Their new Optilux 600 covers a 2X4...

And heard there may be a new light coming out shorty that will be for a 4X4 area...

Link to current grow - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=325694

About to start a new thread today with their new Optilux 600 light...
that opti looks very nice

URSA LED

Vendor
We're going for a soft launch on Amazon. We're releasing the Helios GT 320;

3 Variations:
Full Spectrum (5000K / 80 CRI)
Duet 250.6
Duet 250.10

Krunchbubble's grow is currently using 250.10 for a full cycle both veg and flower, and it's looking good.

It should be on amazon before June.

Latest posts

Latest posts