What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m going with Chuck-Eye ...It’s only $7.99 a pound ...Still tasty & sometimes it doesn’t even give your Jaw a work out
0A040A99-F442-4EE0-AD60-891CF7C16DC1.jpeg
C4C77FFE-48DE-4EBD-A32F-D68C6629BF06.jpeg
B8A6659E-1D30-468E-B305-8A50F1DB64BC.jpeg

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I forgot if I mentioned last Thursday, I had a check up with the ♋️ doc it went well. :) He finally agreed that it would’ve been a bad idea to go ahead with the radiation and chemo. At this point. We’ve scheduled another PTscan in several months when the ♋️ reveals itself, I will attack it on the spot. .. now moving on to other areas of the body & have an appointment this morning with a different doctor make arrangements for colonoscopy. had one nine years ago trying to do it again… if you’re getting on, don’t neglect this stuff I’m 63 young right now

acespicoli

I’m going with Chuck-Eye ...It’s only $7.99 a pound ...Still tasty & sometimes it doesn’t even give your Jaw a work out View attachment 19064857 View attachment 19064858 View attachment 19064859
Was working in grocery stores for awhile I mean every one around for miles....
Insurance work, well I spoke to the butchers at each store and asked them their fav steak.
3 outta 4 said chuck eye without missing a beat... its like the affordable version of a ribeye
Truth is after eating both for a long time and side by side at the same time, they are both good
For some reason besides price alone I prefer the chuck eye too. Very thick cut tender flavorful
from the chuck not the rib section of the steer, it produces a better flavored piece of meat.
IMO 🤷‍♂️

Looks delisih :love:

acespicoli

I forgot if I mentioned last Thursday, I had a check up with the ♋️ doc it went well. :) He finally agreed that it would’ve been a bad idea to go ahead with the radiation and chemo. At this point. We’ve scheduled another PTscan in several months when the ♋️ reveals itself, I will attack it on the spot. .. now moving on to other areas of the body & have an appointment this morning with a different doctor make arrangements for colonoscopy. had one nine years ago trying to do it again… if you’re getting on, don’t neglect this stuff I’m 63 young right now
🙏 be blessed brother :huggg:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was working in grocery stores for awhile I mean every one around for miles....
Insurance work, well I spoke to the butchers at each store and asked them their fav steak.
3 outta 4 said chuck eye without missing a beat... its like the affordable version of a ribeye
Truth is after eating both for a long time and side by side at the same time, they are both good
For some reason besides price alone I prefer the chuck eye too. Very thick cut tender flavorful
from the chuck not the rib section of the steer, it produces a better flavored piece of meat.
IMO 🤷‍♂️

Looks delisih :love:
I’m glad you know they are really really good. They vary in tenderness but sometimes it’s mouthwatering.

acespicoli

I’m glad you know they are really really good. They vary in tenderness but sometimes it’s mouthwatering.
Find that wagyu or prime has alot of fat which is good for flavor and must be cooked a certain way to achieve perfection. Air dried beef aged takes on a certain flavor thru the aging process and due to the drying and condensing of flavor is a kinda art to concentrate flavor. So I have tried some of the finer things in comparison

The chuck eye as it sounds is the eye of the chuck and cut thick,
you only get two or three steaks from a chuck.

I been to alot of grocery stores looking for it Wegmans, Whole Foods, Trader Joes, all the chain stores...
Food Lion had some nice ones, now your looking for choice grade beef not prime beef and definately not butcher grade beef. Forget angus thats a whole other thing, different grading ;) Not that its not good....
Wegmans had a nice vacu sealed one shipped from a specialty supplier that cut steaks, they were good.
Alot of times a chuck roast you can cut a couple fillets from the eye side. They are excellent cooked as is...

Even choice beef has a large amount of variation 🤷‍♂️
Yeah if you pick one or cut one with nice marbling, mouth watering is a fair description 🤤

Montreal steak seasoning with a little mesquite wood on a small charcoal grill :yummy:
Used to do soy, corn whiskey, minced garlic, tarragon, pepper medley, fleur de sel...marinade
Still mooing... well pink 🐄
Yeah need to go grab a bite

Last edited:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Looks like a brown squirrel. They’re a little bit rare around here. We have hordes of gray squirrels & very rare, black squirrels, and chipmunks of course
American Red Squirrel I believe. Tiny little things. We also have gray squirrel, ground squirrel and chipmunks.
At my other property which is only a mile away but wooded we have black squirrels.