What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Something wicked this way comes

tilopa

Thanks for all those suggestions. It's funny that the CAP and the Titan and all the ones I've looked at on Amazon all have many bad reviews regarding reliability. There are many claims that they either don't turn on or off when they are supposed to, which would really be a problem for our use, causing plants to potentially die.

I'd happily pay extra for a truly reliable timer. I found this cheap Chinese digital timer that has many good reviews, and some bad ones. I'm going to give it a try but I'm not feeling particularly confident about it.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G6O28NA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

tilopa

Intermediate Veg Control Valve

Intermediate Veg Control Valve

So, Delta9, in his intermediate veg (as he calls it), has a 750 gph pump in the first tote attached to the red hose that fires for 30 second every 30 minutes to mix the nute solution among all the other totes, "homogenize the solution". He uses a control valve at each tote that distributes 1 gallon of solution to each tote.

attachment.php

Can anyone tell me what control valve he uses? Is everyone else doing this step? Is it necessary?

I'm realizing that in this veg stage there is no supply line, just the return line, so maybe it is necessary.

Attachments

• IMG_0351.jpg
    IMG_0351.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 20

Snook

Still Learning
Thanks for all those suggestions. It's funny that the CAP and the Titan and all the ones I've looked at on Amazon all have many bad reviews regarding reliability. There are many claims that they either don't turn on or off when they are supposed to, which would really be a problem for our use, causing plants to potentially die.

I'd happily pay extra for a truly reliable timer. I found this cheap Chinese digital timer that has many good reviews, and some bad ones. I'm going to give it a try but I'm not feeling particularly confident about it.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G6O28NA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
remember this about reviews from anywhere; there are the competition that will write bad things about a good product which might boost sales for theirs. I read the 1 star ratings first and then the 3 ratings.. 5 star ratings are as suspect as 1 star ratings... AND, I live in florida where electrical power can blip off for a second or two and come right back on... this will cause a cycle timer to reset and fire again, any cycle timer should be ona battery backup for uninterrupted cycles.

av8or

remember this about reviews from anywhere; there are the competition that will write bad things about a good product which might boost sales for theirs. I read the 1 star ratings first and then the 3 ratings.. 5 star ratings are as suspect as 1 star ratings... AND, I live in florida where electrical power can blip off for a second or two and come right back on... this will cause a cycle timer to reset and fire again, any cycle timer should be ona battery backup for uninterrupted cycles.

Speaking of Florida power problems, hope all is well for ya down there, brother.

Mojo Jojo

the Titan and all the ones I've looked at on Amazon all have many bad reviews regarding reliability. There are many claims that they either don't turn on or off when they are supposed to[/url]

I used a Titan before I got the Blueprint, and it went on and off as it pleased, or so I thought...
Most of the cheap ones have photocells which can theoretically be turned off and taped over, but I think that light leaks in the casing and around the screen can trigger them anyway.
I had the photocell taped over from day one, but after I double taped over every seam on the unit it worked perfectly...
I still vote for the Blueprint though...

gmanwho

Veteran
ive had real good luck with the titan timer apollo 2. the art-dne ones had multiple unit fail due to staying stuck on.

the canopy can def play tricks with the photo sensor

Desert Hydro

Veteran
gettin' it all together FINALLY! setting up the veg area right now. 12 sites under a 4x12 area and when they get too big they will get moved into their own 4x4 to flower.

doing a hybrid of the old and new plumbing so i dont have to buy a bunch of extra pumps for the veg system.

the flower system will run on the new plumbing style with one pump per plant.

Attachments

• IMG_2509.JPG
    IMG_2509.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2510.JPG
    IMG_2510.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 23

Earlmarne

gettin' it all together FINALLY! setting up the veg area right now. 12 sites under a 4x12 area and when they get too big they will get moved into their own 4x4 to flower.

doing a hybrid of the old and new plumbing so i dont have to buy a bunch of extra pumps for the veg system.

the flower system will run on the new plumbing style with one pump per plant.

Dang plumbing is expensive.
I went n got all my tail peices, 3.5 buckets, screen, pumps, Tom kaps, and step bit today n it was just over 2 bills.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
doing some work with the pup. the same one from my avatar :)
building my reservoir table that has to hold 700 lbs and running my float valve lines tomorrow. gotta run to the city in a few days and buy some massive perlite and random hydro goodies

Attachments

• IMG_2511.JPG
    IMG_2511.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2514.JPG
    IMG_2514.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 20

Earlmarne

Got me a legit intermediate veg tub building. Girls are doing well in a simple recirculating tub with no tail piece.
Got a box of 3.5 g buckets and a bunch of the crap to slap it together.
I'm hoping for advice on how much nutrient capacity I should build to. I fix on running 4 in veg, 4 in flower. From reading I am of the mind to run separate reservoirs. I got a 55g barrel for each I figure can be what will top off with float valve.
I'm sure I'm over thinking, or under thinking. I feel like a having capacity to run a cycle without filling would be bad ass. I figure I go through 100 or more gallons in flower in my hempy buckets. Idk how that will correlate to this system though.
Sorry fellas, ain't trying to be lazy here at all. Been reading my butt off. Just am green as hell to it all still.

I have a question, running small PPK on small budget and using cheap timers from amazon. To dial in to one second increments, the max time is one hour. So far I've run them in the minute/hour mode, at first I did flood with a minute or two on, 2 - 3 hours off. Now using pulse method and need better control.

How effective would it be to cycle at 1 hour off time, with the ability to fine tune the amount of water by the seconds?

Thanks so much to D9 and many others. I've been sidelined for a long time and a lot to learn catching up.

rnh

tilopa

I have a question, running small PPK on small budget and using cheap timers from amazon. To dial in to one second increments, the max time is one hour. So far I've run them in the minute/hour mode, at first I did flood with a minute or two on, 2 - 3 hours off. Now using pulse method and need better control.

How effective would it be to cycle at 1 hour off time, with the ability to fine tune the amount of water by the seconds?

Not exactly sure what you are asking, but, Delta9 states in this very thread that he does 15 seconds on and 60 minutes off. The 15 seconds pumps 36 oz.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
has anyone come up with a decent way to wash lots of the perlite and turface? i kind of want to just take it in burlap bags to the river and shake it in the water lol. "im just washing gravel for my fish tank, don't mind me......" :)