What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Something wicked this way comes

gmanwho

Veteran
this is how i make all my barrels now.you could do the same thing in any of the buckets in your system and then hook a hose up to the shut off valve and connect that to a utility pump to pump out the system.i have three barrels like this with 55 gallons and no leaks.View Image

hell ya.

i end up using plastic milk crates an screw down a piece of 1/2in-3/4in plywood to it.

for well over a year i got 2 milk crates holding up a blue collapsible autopot 100 gal top off rez with no problems. 800lbs of water. thats 400 lbs a milk crate. no problem

i drove thru some ghetto action a few months back. seen a car with wheels removed on 4 milk crates..... now that was impressive.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
can anyone tell me if the XLP perlite is only for the tailpiece or is that used in the turface mix as well? i had some left over XLP that may be enough to do my tailpieces but not enough to mix with and i usually cant get good shit in town.

can anyone tell me if the XLP perlite is only for the tailpiece or is that used in the turface mix as well? i had some left over XLP that may be enough to do my tailpieces but not enough to mix with and i usually cant get good shit in town.
XLP is used in tailpiece AND medium with turface. I only use the smaller perlite grade for D9s PPK solo cup cloner

Mr Blah

I will second that xlp perlite. Use it when ever you mix and in the tailpipe.
If you don't...check out my thread and find out what can happen. :laughing:

tilopa

I'm having trouble sourcing the plastic mesh screen for the 1.5" tail piece. I'm assuming the spacing needs to be larger than regular window screen material? Delta 9 said he uses plastic pet screen, looking at that on amazon it seems like regular screen size. Is that the right stuff?

gmanwho

Veteran
tilopa ,big perlite with the drain cap/screen in the tail piece u dont need the mesh screen. done it with smaller perlite too in tail piece ,an that was fine as well

Mr Blah

tilopa ,big perlite with the drain cap/screen in the tail piece u dont need the mesh screen. done it with smaller perlite too in tail piece ,an that was fine as well
ya, but I think he is using the sink 1.5" tail pipe. So you would need a screen at the end.
If I am reading it right.

tilopa

Thanks Gman and Mr Blah.

I'm starting with the beginning phase of veg, so I'm using the 1.5 tailpiece in the 2.5 qt cups.

Earlmarne

Freaking cloner is amazing. Got roots everywhere from this gg cross that refused to clone in the aero or Rockwool or hempy.
I got another tub to make intermediate system, but there is zero info beyond its recirculating that I can find.
I am nervous to get inventive and would live to hear more about this build.

This is a file in which I collected the most useful, for my practical growing purposes, PPK 2015 - 2017 era plumbing tidbits from D9 and A8VOR. You'll notice as well a couple of photos & diagrams that were posted by other ICMag members.

https://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=1395849

Neat, one of my pics made it into your notes!

My 10x10 foot rooms with 3000 watts and 4 plants are yielding 6 pounds on average now.

Per plant or per room? :D

RamCTD1027

What's up Delta?

I ran a PPK for a couple years utilizing the float and pump in the same reservoir with a PVC feed manifold with great success. I'm about to set up a new legal facility and I'm interested in this new design. Can you clarify the plumbing set up for me? Take a look at the attached drawing. Is this how you have it set up? I'm concerned about the plant sites furthest away from the reservoirs not getting a homogenized solution.

Thanks,
Ram

Attachments

• IMAG0204.jpg
    IMAG0204.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 20

Earlmarne

Well. I figure this should do. Gunna make one more, got some eco 185s for them.
Found a local landscaping place to get turface.
Should I be running a mix or straight perlite in this little set up?

Attachments

• 20170903_193453.jpg
    20170903_193453.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 20

tilopa

Trying to locate a source for a reliable repeat cycle timer. I've found the Titan one on amazon but it only has a 1 hour off max. Looking for something that is at least 90 mins off.

Earlmarne

Trying to locate a source for a reliable repeat cycle timer. I've found the Titan one on amazon but it only has a 1 hour off max. Looking for something that is at least 90 mins off.

Ct1 cycle timer has been working well for me in my room. Nothing to compare it to but should fit your needs

Latest posts

Latest posts