What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

shiva82

and as a healthy plant , polyhybirds are perfectly fine. some of the best smoke are polyhybirds
but in terms of breeding then they are dead ends to me , but fine for outcrossing . just don't expect to be able to predict the outcome or flavours easily lol

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
@zaprjaques there is also some confusion because of the cannabis industry being so unprofessional, that the term "F1" is used for any kind of cross. Which wouldn't be acceptable terminology in agriculture.

On top of that, recessive and dominant traits change from strain to strain, and some traits may be linked together while others are not.

goingrey

i see, so even with polyhybrids the parental polys should be 'stable'.
For hybrid vigor I think the key is that the parents should be genetically distant, not necessarily true breeding.

For uniform children they do make this claim. But like said they are talking about lines... fields of plants from both parent lines. To get uniform results in this case, those parent lines must be homozygous, so that no matter who was the mom/dad, it will be similar. In a two plant cross, well it still makes a difference as all kinds of recessive genes may be activated, but less of a difference.

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Man I'm walking the dogs in the mountain and I just had to finish off a rabbit that my dog caught. It's fun to watch him run and jump but when he brings a dying rabbit in his mouth it's not so fun anymore 😐 Can't punish him for following his instincts though, what can you do

shiva82

Man I'm walking the dogs in the mountain and I just had to finish off a rabbit that my dog caught. It's fun to watch him run and jump but when he brings a dying rabbit in his mouth it's not so fun anymore 😐 Can't punish him for following his instincts though, what can you do
the circle of life. rabbit stew is tasty too

shiva82

60 watt pollen chuck cab. i need to go and re-smell both of them . sour burnt oranges and tangie aromas. beautiful smells i could sniff all day long . both phenos are similar in most ways . minor differences . hopefully the c99 male was a good selection. i will test them first before giving them away. or eating them if no good

Attachments

• IMG_9139.JPG
    IMG_9139.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9140.JPG
    IMG_9140.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_9142.JPG
    IMG_9142.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 20

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
60 watt pollen chuck cab. i need to go and re-smell both of them . sour burnt oranges and tangie aromas. beautiful smells i could sniff all day long . both phenos are similar in most ways . minor differences . hopefully the c99 male was a good selection. i will test them first before giving them away. or eating them if no good
I think you should grow them and THEN eat them, not the other way around 🤣

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
On top of that, recessive and dominant traits change from strain to strain, and some traits may be linked together while others are not.
ok, i hope i'm not beeing annoying with the questioning 😂
but if you cross banana and ice cream together and the outcome will smell of rotten ass because of whatever combination of traits recessive or not - would the whole seedlot of that cross produce rotten ass plants? or maybe every other plant there would be one smelling of flowers and another maybe banana and another citrus?

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
but if you cross banana and ice cream together and the outcome will smell of rotten ass because of whatever combination of traits recessive or not - would the whole seedlot of that cross produce rotten ass plants? or maybe every other plant there would be one smelling of flowers and another maybe banana and another citrus?
If both parentals are polyhybrids, most likely not. Otherwise the theory says 25% inherits from one parental, 25% from the other, and 50% a mix of both

shiva82

i think the idea is to produce plants that smell inviting lol. rotten ass is not so appealing

Latest posts

Latest posts