What's new

Shiva Grows

goingrey

i have a few cucumber plants flowering already. i love just munching them straight off the plant whole
How do you train them? I'm doing the up and down I saw on some Youtube video. First let it grow to the top, then start to tie/twist down. Removing the suckers on the way. Apparently that's how the pro's do it. Best yield for the area used. So they say, dunno.

shiva82

How do you train them? I'm doing the up and down I saw on some Youtube video. First let it grow to the top, then start to tie/twist down. Removing the suckers on the way. Apparently that's how the pro's do it. Best yield for the area used. So they say, dunno.
it depends on variety . mine are f1 self pollinating . if you want bigger cucumber then they do remove some flowers and establish fewer but larger fruit. i enjoy the smaller ones anyway . i have them attached to a cane for now, but have over head wire set up to string or wire train them. wire cuts though but wind is low in the tunnel so either is ok in my situation. in theory . until a horse breaks in and eats everything i suppose

goingrey

it depends on variety . mine are f1 self pollinating . if you want bigger cucumber then they do remove some flowers and establish fewer but larger fruit. i enjoy the smaller ones anyway . i have them attached to a cane for now, but have over head wire set up to string or wire train them. wire cuts though but wind is low in the tunnel so either is ok in my situation. in theory . until a horse breaks in and eats everything i suppose
I don't remove flowers, just entire new shoots. So it doesn't turn into a jungle in there..

shiva82

in the test chamber . spacemonkey , chem x lp4 , paradise cheese x sudanese p2 , black soar and silver soar . in order

Attachments

• IMG_1923.JPG
    IMG_1923.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1925.JPG
    IMG_1925.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1926.JPG
    IMG_1926.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1927.JPG
    IMG_1927.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1928.JPG
    IMG_1928.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 25

goingrey

I'm watching this comedian Jimmy Carr's new shit and wow, he talks super weird and slow. I think he's trying to be more understandable to an American/international audience but it just makes his jokes not funny.

shiva82

I'm watching this comedian Jimmy Carr's new shit and wow, he talks super weird and slow. I think he's trying to be more understandable to an American/international audience but it just makes his jokes not funny.
he is intelligent and has good jokes but he is a bit of a knob