What's new

Shiva Grows

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm taking down my tent and room once the current cycles are finished . i'm going to be servicing and cleaning everything before a redesign and rebuild making better use of space . still using cmh , still low amp output , timber frame open frame, with reflector extenders to focus and collect all the light direct onto the screen or canopy . like an enclosed pyramid on top of the open and ventilated canopy and screen
How long do you think the Tropical mix will take? Hope it all works out with good timing to give you a little break. Its been nice being off duty from growing chores.

Are you going to have the same footprint in the new design? Light is everything, maybe it can reflect deeper into the canopy without having to prune as many fan leaves.

Are you having moisture issues causing fungus gnats. I guess thats a standard thing to clean the grow room periodically anyway to prevent issues.
the sativa hybrid seed project will be moving into the loft for pollination and finish , once i have a clone of the p.cheese , and spacemonkey rooted again, and then the spacemonkey can flower and finish on its own . so within 11 weeks , i should have the pchesse harvested , the haze hybrids finishing off in the loft , and the space monkey harvested . take a month off flowering to rebuild the room and clean and relax.

in that period i can start my outdoor projects off
Yeah the straight narcotic type indicas can be tough to manage. I like saving those for the evening or if I need more pain relief/relaxation. They are alright for daytime smoke, but you don't have to do that to yourself. Once you experience the pleasant energentic euphoria of the sativa leaning hybrid phenotypes, it starts to clear up, which one you pick for different uses.

Terpenes are everything too, I find I like the experience from the strong terpenes rather than the THC and cannabinoid aftereffects.

Would like to try some cured CBD medicinal hemp flower. What type of hemp flower did you find was tastey, Old Piney?

shiva82

indoors pruning can extremely helpful. the only time not to prune is mid flower . i always prune . i have not pruned vs pruned many times. when using limted space sometimes it is needed . how long is a piece of string?

shiva82

i don't aim for absolute maximum yields either. i aim for maximum quality , and the most of that quality as possible without it turning commercial ' beaster' . i aim for the most high grade as i can with the smallest amount of cost . i also make my own seeds, and do test runs constantly, and i always note that too . hunting winning plants to use and share with my friends , and to make further seed stock with .

if i wanted to go for yield i would just be growing one heavy yielding strain under my gavitas, salt feed , auto pot etc and being a profiteer grower and money motivated and ego driven. the weed is not as good though , and i don't sell . i just grow for my own stash pipeline.

also, 10 kilos of mids is worthless compared to 1 kilo of top shelf .

shiva82

the big time commercial guys always get the worst prices . it is usually shit , as it has been pushed far too hard

shiva82

i will clear the room first in 3 months time , and go from there. i need to insulate the outer wall anyway , and i can dry line and plaster it all up , and also i can finally paint my floorboards. the stain i'm using is quite high v.o.c and i don't want any flowering plants when i'm using that stuff in my house . my cat meech will have to be outside too

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, like an apple grower, thin for improved quality on the fruit that remains. Glad you are able to keep yourself supplied on such a small footprint.

How big will your starts be that you take outdoors? Any plots picked out yet?

shiva82

Yeah, like an apple grower, thin for improved quality on the fruit that remains. Glad you are able to keep yourself supplied on such a small footprint.

How big will your starts be that you take outdoors? Any plots picked out yet?
it is like me saying. move your spot to full south facing spot in colombia , or mexico , with wind shields and a moat , filled with aligators . haha. we work with what we got.

outdoor this year . leb hybrids mainly . i will go with the flow. a few in the polytunnel, and a few outside near the swamp again , but hope for no floods , and a few other spots in higher ground. males can be brought to my yard for evaluation

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool. Better to do more spots in case animals get to one. A lot of people use at least a small fence to let them get going before animals can get to them. I used to do individual fences with 3 sedlings per hole. Could fence the individual plots, and repellents are a good idea because some of the critters can get through the fence.

Deal with critter pressure all year with the mice eating seeds in the fall. Deer can be a big issue if they are able to get to the plants. Usually its stem chewers that ruin the day, but not since putting in a fence.

Hope for no floods. Could grow in containers with the bottom cut out above ground like @goriillaunit to allow the plant to survive a minor flood. May take a little watering from time to time to keep the roots alive in the container.

Lebanese hybrids will do well, that lose structure allowed for zero bud rot spread, definitely grow the Early Skunk hybrids. The plants had a couple minimal specs of mold due to seed I think, but that is usual. Will grab a few choice buds from those jars to sample again now that they have cured well. I just had a few of the small to mid flowers from the top of the jar when I created headspace for the Boveda packs.

shiva82

Cool. Better to do more spots in case animals get to one. A lot of people use at least a small fence to let them get going before animals can get to them. I used to do individual fences with 3 sedlings per hole. Could fence the individual plots, and repellents are a good idea because some of the critters can get through the fence.

Deal with critter pressure all year with the mice eating seeds in the fall. Deer can be a big issue if they are able to get to the plants. Usually its stem chewers that ruin the day, but not since putting in a fence.

Hope for no floods. Could grow in containers with the bottom cut out above ground like @goriillaunit to allow the plant to survive a minor flood. May take a little watering from time to time to keep the roots alive in the container.

Lebanese hybrids will do well, that lose structure allowed for zero bud rot spread, definitely grow the Early Skunk hybrids. The plants had a couple minimal specs of mold due to seed I think, but that is usual. Will grab a few choice buds from those jars to sample again now that they have cured well. I just had a few of the small to mid flowers from the top of the jar when I created headspace for the Boveda packs.
good ideas

GreenestBasterd

the sativa hybrid seed project will be moving into the loft for pollination and finish , once i have a clone of the p.cheese , and spacemonkey rooted again, and then the spacemonkey can flower and finish on its own . so within 11 weeks , i should have the pchesse harvested , the haze hybrids finishing off in the loft , and the space monkey harvested . take a month off flowering to rebuild the room and clean and relax.

in that period i can start my outdoor projects off
Your an organised man!
I wish I could make a plan and follow through like that. I’ve always got a plan but they’re forever changing haha.

There’s definitely something refreshing about a redesign and a clean up, I recently did it myself.

Things can always improved I find, the hardest part is the initial effort of starting a task like that.

What are you doing outdoors?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1707855050031.jpeg

shiva82

Your an organised man!
I wish I could make a plan and follow through like that. I’ve always got a plan but they’re forever changing haha.

There’s definitely something refreshing about a redesign and a clean up, I recently did it myself.

Things can always improved I find, the hardest part is the initial effort of starting a task like that.

What are you doing outdoors?
far from organised, i change my mind all the time. i was going to clone the best plants and so on. i have been selecting further, and i will just seed them all. i took 2 cheese clones. onec one is rooted , i can start to flower that and take the remaining sativa hybrids into the loft with the 2 males i kept , and that will make one batch for now , of seeds i'm likely to be happy with .

i can veg and flower a space monkey and yield more during the time the sativa hybrids go in the loft lol . makes sense man. kill two birds with one stone .