What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
the guy in the thread i was reading hangs the plants to dry for a few days as usual and then puts the buds into an open cardbord box and stores it in his freezer for a few weeks. apparently it has to be a no-frost freezer.
then he lets the herb in an open container to breathe, for up to 12 hours at room temp before long term storage. seems like its pretty much ready to consume at that point.

edit: no burping and no monitoring required.

i mean if youre a seasoned grower its probably very unlikely that youll mess up the harvest drying curing part...

but it seems convenient.

Last edited:

shiva82

the guy in the thread i was reading hangs the plants to dry for a few days as usual and then puts the buds into an open cardbord box and stores it in his freezer for a few weeks. apparently it has to be a no-frost freezer.
then he lets the herb in an open container to breathe, for up to 12 hours at room temp before long term storage. seems like its pretty much ready to consume at that point.

i mean if youre a seasoned grower its probably very unlikely that youll mess up the harvest drying curing part...

but it seems convenient.
the most important part is tapering off feed in the final phase of growing , and then removing the bulk of the water fast without damage , before slowing the process . my bud always has a tackiness to it . months later . i don't allow them to dry slow to begin with though

goingrey

but it seems convenient.
Curing is the easiest part to mess up, experienced or not. Open the jar, take a sample... next day realize you forgot to close it and it's all dried up. :D

shiva82

the stickiest of the icky i assume.
well, if genetics allow yes. i'm sure your bud is the same. i have a knack of drying and curing with max taste a way that does not need altering. heirlooms and ibls do need longer to cure though. many ways to skin a cat. once the bud is at the point that you subjectively consider just right , then is the point to freeze it. some hybrids 3-4 weeks are ready for the freezer, and some heirloom or ibls may need at least 8 weeks to be just right. strain dependent .

shiva82

overfed beasters for example , harvested full dark green , often will take forever to smell and taste good , and possibly never. strain dependant , how it is grown, the final stage of bloom , and so on. lots of variables. when i first grew in my mid to late teenage years , i would overfeed , and dry wrong. it would smell like grass clippings or wet hay indeed . lol

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
Curing is the easiest part to mess up, experienced or not. Open the jar, take a sample... next day realize you forgot to close it and it's all dried up. :D
yea, or your humidity is too high and it goes to hell.
once i wanted to put some cured bud into a smaller jar cause the big jar was looking sad with just a little bud at the bottom, so i rinsed out a small jar, wiped it dry and put my bud in... a week later or so i was reaching for that jar and it was the moldiest shit ive ever seen...

and the smell, yuck, barn style in a bad and unexpected way.

goingrey

once i wanted to put some cured bud into a smaller jar cause the big jar was looking sad with just a little bud at the bottom, so i rinsed out a small jar, wiped it dry and put my bud in... a week later or so i was reaching for that jar and it was the moldiest shit ive ever seen...

Yep once I lost an entire jar because I figured a new brand new jar would be clean. It was not.

Dishwasher seems to be good enough. Hottest/longest program.

shiva82

yeah man, the way i dry s basically after making every mistake possible and finding a nice simple method that works for me everytime . we all have different ways of skinning a cat . essentially the same outcome is the intention

shiva82

here are many versions of this proverb, which suggests there are always several ways to do something. The earliest printed citation of this proverbial saying that I can find is in a short story by the American humorist Seba Smith - The Money Diggers, 1840:

"There are more ways than one to skin a cat," so are there more ways than one of digging for money. Charles Kingsley used one old British form in Westward Ho! in 1855: “there are more ways of killing a cat than choking it with cream”. Other versions include “there are more ways of killing a cat than by choking it with butter”, and “there are more ways of killing a dog than choking him with pudding”. The earliest version appears as far back as 1678, in the second edition of John Ray’s collection of English proverbs, in which he gives it as “there are more ways to kill a dog than hanging”.

Mark Twain used your version in A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court in 1889: “she was wise, subtle, and knew more than one way to skin a cat”, that is, more than one way to get what she wanted. An earlier appearance is in ’Way down East; or, Portraitures of Yankee Life by Seba Smith of about 1854: “This is a money digging world of ours; and, as it is said, ‘there are more ways than one to skin a cat,’ so are there more ways than one of digging for money”. From the way he writes, the author clearly knew this to be a well-known existing proverbial saying.

Writers have pointed to its use in the southern states of the US in reference to the catfish, often abbreviated to cat, a fish that is indeed usually skinned in preparing it for eating. However, it looks very much from the multiple versions of the saying, their wide distribution and their age, that this is just a local application of the proverb.

The version more than one way to skin a cat seems to have nothing directly to do with the American English term to skin a cat, which is to perform a gymnastic exercise that involves passing the feet and legs between the arms while hanging by the hands from a horizontal bar. That name may have been suggested by the action of turning an animal’s skin inside out as part of the process of removing it from the body.

Other forms of end that have been employed (and sometimes of a dog rather than a cat) are hanging, choking with butter and choking with pudding.

shiva82

it is a strange saying'many ways of skinning a cat ' i had to add the meaning , in case anyone was mistaken and took me literally

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
poor cats D:
it wasnt really my type of herb that molded away luckily.
a cut of mandalas white satin.
great bag appeal, very strange vomit/parmesan scent but fruity sour taste.
made my heartbeat sound like sasquatch feet, thunderous, shakin' the concrete.
to quote the late christopher wallace.

goingrey

it is a strange saying'many ways of skinning a cat ' i had to add the meaning , in case anyone was mistaken and took me literally
Pimp C wore a fur coat even at the beach. :D

Never thought the saying was particularly gruesome but thanks to the Internet I now do, the etymology is apparently a 19th century debate on if they should be skinned while still alive. :oops:

I mean I hope they knocked them unconscious first like when draining the blood for meat? It still feels bad kinda put me off fishing tbh.

Latest posts

Latest posts