What's new

Purple Strain Connoisseur

Purple Strain Connoisseur

• Total voters

hanfiking

Dick Stallion: probably meant that funky bright purple pic i found a while back, god i love that picture... one day genetics will be mad enough to grow a disco plant like that. Anyway why should we pay attention to hypocrites.

Little John: most of the strains that i listed earlier are from online seed banks, just follow up the names or the links that i included ;)

pumpkin2006

So the real question here is: Can you add anthocyanin's to, say..., a hydroponic res and the plant uptake this so that the it will enhance a buds color more red - purple (blue being in the middle)? I would be nice to be able to make a bright red bud.... from what I've read the colors are ph dependent.

A

Afghanicus

Is there any good purple weed that can be bought by seed. What I mean is that I know the best urkel and gdp are clone only but what is out their in seed form for the rest of us. I am spreading the love right now with some lavender but I will be damm if she is changing colors for me. Any one have any seed suggestions?

well i'm currently in the process of testing some of dutch passion's twilight seeds. They are apparently quite a reliable purple variety from seed.

littlejohn747

thank you hanfiking and I saw your list, I am even growing out lavender but like I said befor not have much luck in getting a purple out of her. The problem I am finding is their are quite a few strains that have a chance to go purple but for many you have to sort through many unwanted phenos until you can come across a good purple like is promised in so many strain descriptions. So in your humble opinion out of all the ones you have grown out have you ever popped a pack of seeds and had the vast majority of them go purple?

hanfiking

Not really, unless it was a potassium deficiency. The best way to get your plant purple is by growing it outside. Getting it all the best stuff nature has to offer, bigger better yields and all the colours of the rainbow. But for all us indoor growers we will just have to make due with simulating optimum conditions.

Cannabian

i had some blue satellites but not sure which one in particular. color went almost black lots of color unfortunately but most of it gets chopped off from trimming. all i can say is I miss that plant so much :( I wasn't thinking and didn't take clones cuz I had seeds coming. going to have to try bs again someday for sure. anybody know anything about seeds from http://www.crosstowntraffic.ca ?? I think I saw their add in a weed magazine a little while back, just looked like a headshop. in particular anybody know about their "Mr.Blue" seeds or another more reputable vendor for blackrussian or blackberry strains?

SWT#1

Check out my gallery for purple swt#1. ohhh yea i have a mom of her. pm me if you would like to know about her. Keep this thread alive, cant beat the purples. Swt

A

Afghanicus

I'll be posting some pics of my twilight when they progress a bit. They are one week old now and six all up.

G

I've been growing a fairly purple pheno of blockhead for a while. When you let her ride to the end she really kicks it out. The whole entire buds aren't purple, but do have nice hues throughout.

G

Thanks XyZ. Same back at ya bro.

littlejohn 747 - Here's another one from a company people seem to trash a lot bcb***epot. And even though people want to trash , they do have some good stuff (despite their horrid delivery times.) Their purps is legit whatever it is. I just grew some out and it was definitely the most purp herb i've ever seen and many of my friends for that matter. I have one a little over three weeks into bud right now and she's been kickin purp from day 12, looking great already. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow. Here's a couple of nug shots from the last harvest.

Keep the pics coming everyone

G

thanks for the compliments guys. Hanfiking- those buds smell like nothing I've really smelt before. A definite floral bouquet, but almost purple smelling if purple really has a smell. Definitely unique in comparison to any other strains I'm growing. Flavor is top notch as well. What more can you ask for? Thanks for your interest, and let's keep these pics flowing everyone.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Those are some beautiful buds, krome & xyz!!! The trich coverage is soo snowy lookin!

hanfiking

wooosaaa post 100 that rocks, hey dudes nice pics!!! looks like a mix and match there but still beautiful i think you'll need some rep for those :D

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

Is that Mendo Purps Krome? Reason I asked is because friend is growing it currently and I could acquire clones from couple phenos of it! Main thing I want to know is the potency factor, I dont care how good it smells & looks if it dont have nice potency. Does it produce stony high or more of headhigh or combination of these two? Thank already for taking the time to answer!

Can you please give same kind of information about Blockhead -> potency, flavor, type of high & ease of growth?

Congratulations Hanfiking for an successful thread, I really do enjoy most of these pic´s!! (photoshopped or not <- LOL won LOLO)

Evolution

the purple urkle is part green part purple in this batch...very tasty and comlex flavor: grapy high note, hashy/skunky mids, and a deep kushy/coffee bottom...my currrent favorite taste..

peace to all purple brothers and sisters...