• Total voters

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Twilight day 12

Twilight day 12

Hey guys,

I managed to get my hands on a better camera so here's some shots of the Twilight that I'm growing...

mapleboy

I'm the FIRST person to like/want purple... had VERY high hopes for the lightstorm.. HOWEVER this is ONE strain I would NOT ADVISE FOR ANYONE!!! Had picked up 2 packages back on the old seedbay and had HORID germination rates.. of the ones that DID survive a large percent were white mutants that died, ended up with 5 out of 22 beans that survived, 4 were male and the ONE female NEVER grew... just sat there at 6" tall. It was repotted, fertilized, flushed YOU name it.. NOTHING, it died in flowering. NOT a worthwhile strain at all. I'm NOT a newbie to growing OR a newbie to many sites, EVERY option was tried in germinating from straight soil, soaking, skuffing etc.
mb

J

JeffSpicoli

yea from what i hear lightstorm is simply just a strain for bag appeal... It will turn purple, but wont carry those purple traits that you want, i.e the smell and taste.
imo its hard to find a good purple strain from seed... You have to really grow out a lot (like you attempted) in order pick out the best phenotype...
Thats why all the super hyped purples are all clone onlys...

i dunno im reaaally baked, and dont think im making complete sense :p

G

Herbalistic,

That is the purps from bcbd. I got a pack a while ago after reading up on some grows on their site. It is mendo purps ibl. I know many have had bad experiences with them and I'm sorry for that, but everything I've gotten from them has been on par with many other companies out there. As far as it's characteristics, I've already talked about the smell and looks. I'm being completely honest when I say that it's not the most potent herb out there. What makes it so appealing is definitely the taste and looks of it. I have found that it's a nice daytime herb which gives you a nice head high without much couchlock. I have experienced it though, when I sat down for an intimate one on one with my newly cleaned roor and she really put me down. I find that I can still perform daily activities with great ease when smoking this. Would I recommend it? If you have access to cuts of it I would say that you really can't go wrong throwing in a couple of them. I just like having a little variety though.
Here is a pic I took last week at 21 days in.

Now the blockhead. I have nothing but great things to say about this girl. I've been running her consistantly for the past 2-2.5 years. She is very easy to grow (untopped the main cola gets huge but she responds very well to early topping as well). She's not shy when it comes to feeding time either. I usually take her down in 65 days give or take and she definitely makes full melt bubble. The taste is a mild berry-ish flavor with a slight citrus undertone. She's not the best tasting herb, but she's got a definite kick to her. You feel it instantly upon taking a hit. Very strong head high. Highly recommended strain. Excellent yielder.

Thanks for your interest and any other questions or opinions are welcome. Take it easy and always be irie.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

Thank you for telling your honest opinion Krome! It´s nice to hear that the purps go in your head and aint so much of an couchlock. Like you said, I like variety too and I constantly grow three to five different strains in my floweringspace. The problem is that my floweringspace draws maximum five plants, I have to use 250 W at HPS at this moment, because of the temps, so I really want some A+++ smoke from the plants of my floweringspace. I dont know, maybe I ask for an cut or I wait that my friend finishes he´s purps, so I can sample it a bit, before deciding to grow it or not...

Those things you told us of the Blockhead, did really ensure all the great things I have heard from it before. I think I have to start them right after my break!

Take care people & keep em´purple erb pic´s coming!!!

G

great pictures !

Sammet , I grew Twilight few years ago
got some purple , taste was ok but it was not a potent strain ....
hope you could deal with a nice purple potent female

take care

KITCHA

Veteran
No wonder you have grown your blockhead pheno out for a few years Krome its absolutley beautfil! peace Kitcha (",)

hanfiking

Hey guys & Guyettes! Thanks everyone, love all the pictures, and don't forget to add tastes and smells as i don't have CompuSmell or Smellavision :p
Krome always a pleasure to see you here!
Great grow Samet! Nice pics, honored to have them here. and everyone else thanks for adding your sexy images keep them coming :D

Last edited:

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
there is also a subcool strain called deep purple now that is the querkle backcrossed to the erkle parent.

what is the taste and buzz like on the urkle?

do you guys think the querkle will be better or the deep purple?

Ekras

Hey... is this picture real or photoshoped?

21025normal_purple_pot-thumb.jpg

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
been wandering thru this thread and diggin all the colors..Theres some real nice ones out there Ive never heard of and a few I have..I dont care for most purple phenos we come across mainly cause they lack Flaor and Potency..But we do have a nice quite potent Purple Rhino pheno that Ive kept for a bit now..It was from a Nirv WhtRhino pk and has been stabilized to f.3 or 4 now..This was a f.3 mother I kept and it smells like sour fruit and turpintine..Very bitter but also quite earthy..
We have run this in both organic Soil and DWC and actually prefer the DWC results more..We also have run Nirv - K2 and had a nice purple pheno with great aroma and decent flav but potency was shit..We tried www Purple Widow and also had no potency nor a decent flav or yield..Anyway heres the DrLoads Purple Rhino I keep close..Also best when let to run 10wks or more plus a good 1-2mo cure is a must..
FOE20
15154PRhinoHeadshot3_12-12-06.jpg

15154PRhinoDuelCola_12-14-06.jpg

15154PRhinoCuringNugs_12-19-06-med.jpg

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
:yeahthats :yoinks:

Nah, seriously it looks very delicious. How does it taste? I hope it doesnt taste like turpentine too, because it really looks tasty & potent..

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yo Herbalistic...It sactually can sweeten up rather well if given the Sugar diet or a nice molasses bath before harvest..It does keep some of the pungency from the Turpintine trait but it mellows into a sour-rotten fruit- astringent type but still a hint or turpintine undertone after a good 1-2mo cure..The high really need a solid 1mo cure before it shows itself to..I'll be workin with this for a while indeed..
FOE20

Babombeez

Purple Ice

Purple Ice

:wave:

Here is my Purple Ice (S1)...

Sativa dominant, flowering time 10 weeks +

Smells like coffee / soap / lavendar / incense and rolls of the tongue with a delicate, berry earth flavor that is pretty much indescribable...

Her potency is up there too, nice buzz for a sativa dominant plant... She turns purple regardless of the environment. However, colder temps do make her turn black...

even the kief is purple...

Beez :joint:

Last edited: