What's new

Purple Strain Connoisseur

Purple Strain Connoisseur

• Total voters
G

I have been lucky to get a few purple strains after a long hard expensive search. <-- Jebus that doesn't sound right...

G3 from Memy:

GberryP from Memy:

Blueberry X Blackberry Widow from Capt Kryp:

In the middle of these is a Double Purple Doja - not purple...

Sorry for the shitty pics. The smoke on all of these is great. I also have a White Rhino from Nirvana that turns real purple, just no pics. I have a few other strains, Afghani, LifeSaver that turn purpleish if the temps go down, but the ones listed above are just genetically purple.

hanfiking

I think theres just something psychologically pleasing about having and smoking something that looks so beautiful. In a sense that you want them to taste and smell better, just because they look so magnificent. Ok thats pretty shallow, and most of them do taste mad.
I grew up on skunk and import hash and I've just gotten sick of the musky, pungent - to me it smells like burning down an old peoples home, or walking through an old ship museum filled with 700 year old moist wood. depends where you get it from i suppose, sometimes it smells quite fresh and makes me wanna have a puff, but usually as long as it isn't lit it smells alright. thats just me.
Hash was great the smell would never linger too long and i always used to pipe smoke it in the bathroom because there weren't too many things the smell could cling to. The first few puffs always got the rock burning and then it burned right through my face like eating too much mustard in one go, faintly comparable to a lodged lump of coke etching it's way through your Columella. But it was short and worth it for the buzz. Harsh on your throat even worse with tobacco, it kinda tasted like earth with a subtle sweetness lifting from the lump as i would heat it with the lighter to soften it up mixed in with a little herb. All smells you'd kind of expect, really.
The high from smoking that hash (god knows what it was and where it was from, sometimes laced with bits of plastic mmm yummy) was literally a buzz, i think sometimes i could feel my brain humming a way vibrating in my skull and it made me wanna get up and do stuff, but when i had run around and done EVERYTHING, i didn't mind being couch locked and buzzing away to some music and just chilling either.
Then something happened; white widow turned up, i only smoked it once and i was still in school back then and i can't remember exactly how it tasted, maybe a little fresh and citrusy? i don't know why but i have a memory of smelling faintly like icing sugar.
I think during my college days some purple weed turned up, I'll never forget it because it made me go off skunk almost entirely unless i was plastered beforehand.
Back then the only thing I'd grown were some hemp seeds i threw out into the back garden while it was raining funnily enough two of them were purple. But the idea to pull them indoors struck me too late and they died.
So now I am here growing 4 bagseed blue berries and a dutch dragon-(feminized).
I hope they will have a good story to tell. PEACE

Last edited:

hanfiking

Some really nice pics guys!
Strainwhore: the pictures are good man! apparently Dutch Dragon is a really fruity variety and so is Sensi Star but i'm going on quotes here and Dutch Dragon is supposed to be better, I'll see what happens. She will probably be ready in a couple of months or so, hang around! PEACE

B

BeAn

^^Floater Inidica... tasty shit..turns purlple under cold conditions.. Dj's Flo x JacksCleaner x Vic's Blueberry.. :yummy:

Nice pics everyone..keep a dem purpo' coming! :lurk:

page1

nirvana ak48 - very nice skunky flavour, was quite random that it was purple but i loved it...as u can see the other ak48 is normal colour...

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Found this nice lady in my pack of nirvana PPP. It was damn good smoke, so I cloned her, and been running her for a while now. She's genetically purple through, and through. No matter the temps, she's purple. Purple is the 95 degree sumer heat. The buds start out almost pink-light purple, and get darker, and darker throughout flowering.

She has really nice growth characteristics, and vigor, the color is awesome. She falls short in the flavor catergory for me anyway as I preffer sweeter, fruity strains, and she's mostly pungent-herbal-spicy. The high is where she shines though. seems to have a high ceiling, and the more you smoke the greater the effects.. first few times I smoked it I over did it, and was caught by surprise by the effects. I get a bit of an overwhelmed racy feeling in both my mind, and body when I smoke to much, but half a joint does me just right.. Very introspective high, and really thought provoking.

c-ppp2.jpg

ppp2.jpg

c-ppp3.jpg

Immature bud picked to show the crazy pink-purple calyx
h-ppp3.jpg

x-ppp3.jpg

x-ppp7.jpg

different plant so color changed a bit do to nutrient change
k-ppp4.jpg

k-ppp5.jpg

dried and cured
o-4.jpg

o-ppp2.jpg

hanfiking

MisterPostman: thats an impressive plant. And Just the best description yet!!!
Nice guys respect to all!!!
PEACE

Last edited:

wick650

Blackberry Bubba is the best purple I've seen IMO... my problem with purple strains are that they all smell/taste very generic. Swerve's purple kush and K's Purple Kush may be good but I have'nt smoked those.

J0sh1

Veteran
Very nice Mister Postman, I hope I get lucky and find some purple pheno seeds in the PPP I ordered a couple of days ago. Great pics everyone.

Legit_User

There is a KILLER purple/red/orange pheno in Annac's NYCD f2's.
She smelled and tasted like sweet grapefruit.
Stay peaceful

Wanted to ad that Subcool started a Urkle project. From his test results and pics it looks like a very badass strain. keep your eyes peeled for Querkle
Purple Urkle x space queen

Last edited:

JITAMON

purple!

purple!

aloha here is a clone only(far as I can tell) called purple dragon. she grows purple from the start.in veg she grows an inch a day,branchy in every direction. i flowered her for 56 days.here are some assorted pics of the DRAGON' LAIR.LOL :joint:
THESE ARE IN VEG FROM CUT 3 WEEKS!

THESE ARE ASSORTED MID TO LATE FLOWER SHOTS.

PLEASE BEAR WITH THE PICS AS I AM NOT MUCH OF A PHOTOGRAPHER. :wave:

Last edited:

kinger

Veteran
Anybody try The Purponic seeds? I think it was mendo purps x killer queen? I could be wrong though? I still have a pack of them some place. :chin:

hanfiking

I've never heard of Purponic other than you asking around for them in cannabis.com and other forums :p maybe someone gave you a name thats not so commonly used for that pheno, or they also have another name? the closest name to match i could find was 'Purpurea' Ticinensis. par example; purple star is also called purple queen. And nobody knows how many countless strains were claimed to be purple haze.

Some more Pheno strains
SilverDream
Silverado
Nepali
Lebanese? (more red, i think is dependent on the weather)
Hi' noon
DarkVader?
Dark Kush
Chilla
^ ^ ^ ^These guys are available from http://www.bluehemp.ch/4803/105057.html affiliates

Super Purple Skunk (Purple #1 x Superskunk)
Purple Erdbeer
Leshaze
Lavender Soma #10
Honeymoon
Afghani (most of them)

Bleu Berries (turns blue)
Blue Mystic (goes blue purple pinkish/red)
Blueberry x Hashplant
Caribe (this plant needed some info: A first class hybrid (Jamaica x Jamaica Nl5Haze) from the Blue Mountains - the jamaican Sativa and the legendary Nl#5 Haze in one plant! This is a superious Sativa for Indoorgrowing! The pure feelin of the jamaican karibik!)

Cash Cropper (turns blue)
Hazed Erdpurt (purple and red)
Very Berry Haze (blue and red)
^ ^ ^ ^ http://www.hemcy.at/webshope/assets/s2dmain.html?http://www.hemcy.at/webshope/index.html

Early Girl
Mazar
Donkey Dick (can turn purple)
TNR (1kg yield o_O)
Shishkaberry #3
Guerilla's Gusto
Old Mother Sativa

Speed Queen
Sadhu
Mandala #1
Satori
^^^^ http://www.shop.mandalaseeds.com/index.html?lmd=39099.768183

Swiss Miss(apparently)
Silver Pearl
Purple Skunk x Dutch Treat
Purple Lightning
Double Purple
Homegrown Purple (www.homegrown-fanataseeds.com)
Purple Skunk
Purple High
Durban Poison
Purple Passion
KC 33 ?
Khola
Lethal Purple
Romulan
Widow Warrior
Akala / Purple Akala
God Bud (God x Hawaiian x Purple Indica)
Ingemars Punch
WhiteWidow-DoublePurple (http://www.bestbong.net/)
AK-48 ?
Blue Heaven (Anti paranoia high)
Nebula
NLx (rarely)
Somango (uper skunk, Big Skunk Korean, Jack Herer)
Passion #1
Silver Haze (rare phenos)

As always any important purple posts should be posted here. remember the more purple you smoke the more purple you will turn!!!

PEACE :joint:

Last edited:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Amazing photos! I've only ever managed to get purple bud once before, and this thread amongst others has encouraged me to start some purple plants - Got some Twilight and Strawberry Cough, hopefully I'll get some nice purple :D

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Raco, amazing purple buds! :yoinks:

Dkgrower you are right, i saw a few very colorful plants from esbe (a danish member)
...high color potentials you have up there :wink:

nice blackberry widow Tirs :D

some mixed stuff..

an indoor flo top (crazy plant:)........ an outdoor (balcony) flo leaf ...........and a nug from an other different flo

some dried pure deep chunk (grown indoors)

& a few purple calyxes from my skunk/dc :sasmokin: (hard visible color cuz of the resin:)

hanfiking

thanks for the great shots guys!! absolutely beautiful what did they smell and taste like?? good high?
Hey sammet i'm going to be watching that grow what do you say you share your finnished pics with this thread?? i bet they will be great!!

Good to see you again XYz those pics are making my lungs whistle :joint:, what was it like???

PEACE

Last edited: