What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Peruvian golds from deep in the #jungle of the Amazon rain forest in atalaya where #chocolate originated.

my guess is this pure #landrace #columbiangold came to the region with #coca producers from #Columbia in the 80s when the columbian government cracked down on cartels and they moved to #peru and #Bolivia where to my knowledge has been untouched since

there is a diversity from chocolate, woods and #roadkillskunk. very pungent either way. but looking for the skunkers for my road-kill project I revived last year after taking a 10 year break.

#medmanbrand #lordofloud #loudskunk #skunk

20230227_131001.jpg
20230227_131011.jpg
20230227_131014.jpg
20230227_131017.jpg

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
P.s. if anyone actually really cares....talk to guys that that actually have grown and bred cg. Arturo gas, Sam etc....do not under any circumstances take any advice from a confederacy of dunces from winnipeg that have never left their basements much less the province or even grown any real cg. Knowledge and wisdom best accumulated thru experience. Not hearsay, conjecture and gossip

mm

• Haha
Reactions: Rgd

RobFromTX

In response to a few people here that think becuase something is grown in another region or country..... Example: an afghani kush grown for a decade on vancouver Island. That is no longer an afghani but should be called "vancouver Island indica?" Lol

And I am reaching haha. The responses I get sometimes are totaly borderline.

You buy or get a strain from anywhere its: the strain name_______and the source.

Example: I just bought mexican sativa from sensi seeds in Holland. Well....that's doesn't change no matter where you grow it

I grew a wack of landraces this year....pre soviet kabul, hopar valley, kandahar, pre soviet mazar, colombian And so on. You guys want me to change the name? Get real...Total insanity lol

Do everyone a favor....Please read the whole thread or at least the intro before commenting

mm

I was going to purchase sensi mexican sativa years ago but i read it was jacked up with indica?

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So if you grew it in Texas you would call it Texas indica? Lol

I think it something like durban/skunk/mexican

I wanted to pull the trigger way back in the day but never did either.

there any grow reports on icmag?

mm
I was going to purchase sensi mexican sativa years ago but i read it was jacked up with indica?

J0sh1

Veteran
The funny thing to me is that back in those days it wasn't even known regionally as "Colombian Gold". Let's entertain the idea that some "isolated jungle growers" back in the day collected and isolated the strain for 45+ plus years (highly unlikely) They would not know it as "Colombian Gold" and I highly doubt they would allow some random sketch looking foreigner go all about into their jungle crops. Not a fucking chance.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
In response to all the other naysayers.

Have a peak at Sam's million posts here on what he "thinks" skunk weed was. Colombian x mazar....and he claims the afghani wasn't skunky, contrary to the original sacred seed packages. So, the only way to know is pheno hunt

Literally almost every single seed bank that sells CG say "the father of skunk" pungent and skunky

Do your homework people. Then maybe you won't be so triggered by my find

mm
you need to re read those million posts ,
he said the skunk smell comes from the mazar ,
100% positive , you can get afghani that smells skunky ,
ive had some ,
never had any colombian that smells like that ,
search the boards for descriptions of colombian , woody , earthy , musty , cigar box ,
all say that , no one says it smells like skunk ,
unless it has skunk in it ,, like the pics in this thread look to have ...

i dont mean to have a go at you ,
but i do like accurate information ,
its usually nice if you back up presentations with quotes too ,
from others , not yourself ...
show the quotes from sam where he says colombian smells like skunk ,
or that his mazar wasnt the source of the skunky aroma ....
the burden of proof is on you since you have made these claims to begin with ,
prove it , show the quotes you refer too ...

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you need to re read those million posts ,
he said the skunk smell comes from the mazar ,
100% positive , you can get afghani that smells skunky ,
ive had some ,
never had any colombian that smells like that ,
search the boards for descriptions of colombian , woody , earthy , musty , cigar box ,
all say that , no one says it smells like skunk ,
unless it has skunk in it ,, like the pics in this thread look to have ...

i dont mean to have a go at you ,
but i do like accurate information ,
its usually nice if you back up presentations with quotes too ,
from others , not yourself ...
show the quotes from sam where he says colombian smells like skunk ,
or that his mazar wasnt the source of the skunky aroma ....
the burden of proof is on you since you have made these claims to begin with ,
prove it , show the quotes you refer too ...
And that should apply to everyone posting here. Not just me.

mm

Old Piney

Example: an afghani kush grown for a decade on vancouver Island. That is no longer an afghani but should be called "vancouver Island indica?" Lol
I don't see the big deal a name is just a name it doesn't matter especially when it's origin is acknowledged. A Afghani landrace grown on Vancouver Island for a whole decade is likely to be quiet different than it's ancestors in Afghanistan (if they still exist ) a decade of selections in a totally different environment is sure to change things up quit a bit

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't see the big deal a name is just a name it doesn't matter especially when it's origin is acknowledged. A Afghani landrace grown on Vancouver Island for a whole decade is likely to be quiet different than it's ancestors in Afghanistan (if they still exist ) a decade of selections in a totally different environment is sure to change things up quit a bit
Fair

But as to my point of concern: pnw hashplant is still called pnw hashplant. Why? Popularized in the pnw/hashplant to indicate its origin.

mm

eastcoastjoe

You guys want me to change the name? Get real...Total insanity lol

You seem to be doing a good job of doing that yourself. First it’s Peruvian gold, now it’s Colombian gold. Pick a story and run with it

Talking about names , What about your roadkill skunk ?
( Silver pearl x skunk 1 ) x Tahoe og = roadkill skunk to you ? Imagine that. And it allegedly made fruity pebble og so it’s that to 🤦🏻‍♂️

Old Piney

Fair

But as to my point of concern: pnw hashplant is still called pnw hashplant. Why? Popularized in the pnw/hashplant to indicate its origin.

mm
I'm sorry I just don't see it. On one hand you got a strain that has a bit of a murky origin ,hash plant allegedly started as a clone somewhere in the Pacific Northwest. It certainly was passed around there .To me it seem likely to have lineage back to somewhere around the Hindu Kush mountains before that .Was it a hybrid or was it just a stand-out pheno of a land race? My guess it's stand out pheno selected selected from a cross between two Hindu Kush strains. On the other hand a straight-up land race selected for many generations in a given place and given it's own name to indicate that .A name is just a name

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm sorry I just don't see it. On one hand you got a strain that has a bit of a murky origin ,hash plant allegedly started as a clone somewhere in the Pacific Northwest. It certainly was passed around there .To me it seem likely to have lineage back to somewhere around the Hindu Kush mountains before that .Was it a hybrid or was it just a stand-out pheno of a land race? My guess it's stand out pheno selected selected from a cross between two Hindu Kush strains. On the other hand a straight-up land race selected for many generations in a given place and given it's own name to indicate that .A name is just a name
I live in draft Dodger/ cannabis production central
Funny you say that. Alot of groups here called "hashplant" "hindu kush" going way back. They were synonymous

mm

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
And that should apply to everyone posting here. Not just me.

mm
it does ,,
you say something with nothing to back it up ,
folks disagree ,
so you pull out the evidence to prove what you have said ,
ie quotes and any other evidence you have ...

it works better when you just show the evidence when you make the initial statements though ,
as a lot of folks tend to do , saves any doubt off the bat ...

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it does ,,
you say something with nothing to back it up ,
folks disagree ,
so you pull out the evidence to prove what you have said ,
ie quotes and any other evidence you have ...

it works better when you just show the evidence when you make the initial statements though ,
as a lot of folks tend to do , saves any doubt off the bat ...
I have awhole thread with videos and pictures. Time stamped?

What does everyone else have? Niente

mm

Chi13

ICMag Donor
From one of icmags best colombian gold threads

Read em and weep buccuroos

Best to troll roms instead and tell him he's wrong

View attachment 18921757
mm
Is that your evidence? Do you know what "should" means? Do you know Roms and what makes him someone we should take notice of anyway?

There should be Thai stick in Thailand. Good luck finding it.

My main issue is you calling it Colombian Gold when you admit you don't know, and that it came from Peru. You're just flat out lying to the community by calling this Colombian Gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts