What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Peruvian golds from deep in the #jungle of the Amazon rain forest in atalaya where #chocolate originated.

my guess is this pure #landrace #columbiangold came to the region with #coca producers from #Columbia in the 80s when the columbian government cracked down on cartels and they moved to #peru and #Bolivia where to my knowledge has been untouched since

there is a diversity from chocolate, woods and #roadkillskunk. very pungent either way. but looking for the skunkers for my road-kill project I revived last year after taking a 10 year break.

#medmanbrand #lordofloud #loudskunk #skunk

20230227_131001.jpg
20230227_131011.jpg
20230227_131014.jpg
20230227_131017.jpg

Dime

He certainly is trying to make his point, posting this fallacy at the beginning of each of his IG posts that he cuts-and-pastes here. I guess he believes if you tell a lie over and over again some people will think it's true.

BTW, Colombian gold does not have big calyxes, it had tiny sativa seeds that came from tiny calyxes. It doesn't have chunky buds, no matter how you feed it or grow it.

I don't doubt that you collected seeds in Peru in 2019. What you collected may well have some Colombian gold genetics. But it's a hybrid, it's crippy, it's been contaminated with skunk, the weed that ruined weed.
Colombian Gold and Red having small flowers and small seeds is an accurate statement.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread reminds me of an old movie...

"- You saw nothing in the Peruvian jungle"
"- I saw everything in the Peruvian jungle"

I'm generally interested in anything coming from Peru -even jungle(?) bagseeds- but your overconfidence, bragging and lack of answers to questions asked makes it hard to follow you, to say the least...

Lots of clichés about Peru, too...

The link between old Colombian and current Peruvian weed doesn't seem obvious to me at all.
Yes there are narcos in Peru, but they do not merge with Colombian cartels...
FARC, Sendero Luminoso, colombian cartelS... are all different actors, with different networks and interests...
Peruvian jungle is quite commercially integrated with Brazil, Ecuador and Bolivia as well... All these countries are also cocaine productors... I don't see why there would be any clue your seeds are of Colombian origin, where they could come from any neighbouring country.

This sounds a bit like a north-american fantasy/obsession...

These seeds might be cool, though.

Historically it's actually very common knowledge.
Peru was originally the #1 producer.....controlled by.....Colombians

Drug cartels based in Colombia control almost all cocaine trafficking. They process coca from Peru, Bolivia, and Colombia. Various cocaine trafficking organizations then ship it to all corners of the globe.

Cool theory though amigo

mm

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All I can say is....use Pakistan/Afghanistan as a metaphor....tons of microclimates and soil differentiation

The sane strain grown on the desert coast of peru will in fact reveal different genotypes then the wet jungle. Soil / climate.

Colombian red, gold, black, highland, lowland

Do you guys think poor native farmers are selecting in fields with 100,000 plants? They don't care. They have kids to feed. And even if they did....like af/pack there is still tones of expressions in huge fields.

Colombians to this day admit true narco crick weed is hard to find. Hence the jungle isolation being so valuable

mm

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is another colombian grown by nevils best friend and colleague. This year indoors

So we can put the debate to rest

Screenshot_20231121_085059_LinkedIn.jpg

mm

albertgriffiths

Why not droping the "colombian" hypothesis as an ... hypothesis ... and just refer to what you do know and control (=collected at such date in such place).
I feel that would be the only honest way of refering to what you're actually doing.

And then judge the plants you're growing for themselves, and not in comparision to some mythical stuff nobody has grown/smoked for decades...

By the way, you seem full of solid opinions on Colombia, Peru and narco cartels...
Just makes me think of the Dunning-Kruger effect. The more you would actually know, the less certain you would be.
a hint of first-world arrogance might be involved as well.

How long have you lived in Peru? Which province? Do you speak spanish? Where does all your knowledge on the region's socioeconomics come from?

Because these are some bold asumptions to make... Maybe your narrative would be more interesting without these.

Rgd

Veteran
"Here is another colombian grown by nevils best friend and colleague. This year indoors"

beautiful !!

Smg =santa marta gold=skinny hard to grow any size bud

CG=colombian gold =NOT skinny..probably hybridized

SMC=santa marta colombian= more like the above photo=manageable sativa

over the years getting seeds generally through online people growing....these three seem to be different

yeh its only letters

I was in colombia in 1977 smoked weed..the best I had was santa marta gold..the guy called it “blonde"

it fried us..

just because I was there for a couple months does not mean i think i am anyone with any great knowledge

but I did smoke a lot of different weed..I love Colombiano's

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
annual prevalence of cannabis consumption in Colombia is around 2.7 %. in USA it is 21.9 % and in Netherlands it is 10.1 %

cannabis consumption was never real part of Colombian culture. I read that most Colombians assume cannabis user as junkie and looser.

it was all about money making of Cartels. and export to USA.

in fact USA medical companies brought this genetics to Colombia before world war I. from India and Indonesia.

it was war on drugs and Cartels focused more on cocaine export what changed quality of cannabis in Colombia. and what caused lost of genetics like punto rojo and the same thing happened in Paraguay.

it was almost every plant was strong and trippy. now you have more chance to find trippy colombian in nevilles haze than in colombian "landrace"

and it doesnt matter if it was in Thailand or Colombia, but when large grows disappeared and only small grows were done, quality of ganja, at those places, dropped.

there were no room for proper preservation of genetics, when only small grows were done.

if you want quality landrace, you have to get it from places where they grow huge numbers of cannabis plants. and in this global world you have to pray it is not mixed with modern varieties.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Here is another colombian grown by nevils best friend and colleague. This year indoors

So we can put the debate to rest

View attachment 18921556

mm
its hard to find as much inaccurate information as what there is in just this small thread ,
its quite a feather in someones cap where that is concerned ,,

i dunno if nevil even had a best friend ,
a few guys claim this stuff to boost their own persona,
but that picture , likely from dj9 who still thinks cannabis is perennial in the tropics ,
is not a pure sativa by any stretch of the imagination ,
but its probably about as pure as the other so called pure colombian in this thread ,
as mentioned by a few , those sativas dont like indoors much and are quite slender flowers ,
with small calyxes and small seeds ,
i have a bunch of colombian gold x c99 seeds , they are very small ,
and even when crossed with c99 ,, are not as chunky and tight as shown on here ...

skunk smell came from the afghani plants too btw ,
i dont hear anyone describing colombian aroma as skunky ,
except in this thread ...

btw , cannabis doesnt grow in the middle of the jungle so well ,
but it sounds cool and exotic , so might as well go with it i guess ...

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
skunk smell came from the afghani plants too btw ,
i dont hear anyone describing colombian aroma as skunky ,
except in this thread ...
true colombian gold should be cedar, frankincense, peppery... just like haze.

although colombian gold, unlike south asian sativas, contain some portion of cbd. some suggest it contains some wld genes...

some colombian reds are known for red eye stony effect.

In the early 1980's, the Red cost only $30 to $60 an ounce due to its appearance, making it one of the best deals going. This pot was a narcotic, knock-you-down-and-out, super munchie, red-eye express. The joints would only burn half way before drowning in their own resin! The smoke was very expansive in the lungs with a powerful pine/hash flavor.

Old Piney

So this is what I remember ( surprisingly ) first in the mid to late 70s was Columbian gold then later around when Ozzie released crazy train we had Colombian red tip .It had the same nice gold color but the ends had red tips . Both had skinny buds with a unique sweet hashy taste. I recall it having a lovely up high but yes you could end up with red eyes and the munches

Old Piney

That unique hashy taste was almost perfectly captured by some of the penos of Skunk # 1 I grew from the seed bank seeds in 1986 .I tried growing Colombian back when as a kid but it would just be starting to flower and then the freeze would come .the plants grew tall and stretchy. some of the had pink hairs

Last edited:

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In response to a few people here that think becuase something is grown in another region or country..... Example: an afghani kush grown for a decade on vancouver Island. That is no longer an afghani but should be called "vancouver Island indica?" Lol

And I am reaching haha. The responses I get sometimes are totaly borderline.

You buy or get a strain from anywhere its: the strain name_______and the source.

Example: I just bought mexican sativa from sensi seeds in Holland. Well....that's doesn't change no matter where you grow it

I grew a wack of landraces this year....pre soviet kabul, hopar valley, kandahar, pre soviet mazar, colombian And so on. You guys want me to change the name? Get real...Total insanity lol

Do everyone a favor....Please read the whole thread or at least the intro before commenting

mm

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In response to all the other naysayers.

Have a peak at Sam's million posts here on what he "thinks" skunk weed was. Colombian x mazar....and he claims the afghani wasn't skunky, contrary to the original sacred seed packages. So, the only way to know is pheno hunt

Literally almost every single seed bank that sells CG say "the father of skunk" pungent and skunky

Do your homework people. Then maybe you won't be so triggered by my find

mm

Status
Not open for further replies.