What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

bigherb

Veteran
nothin' wrong with dreaming......................

ganj on............

I'm guessing that was in reference to me questioning if Santa Cruz OHaze survives .I could say this with 100% certainty OHaze seeds are in existence. If they can/have been germinated I can't say

I'd imagine if anyone posting can source it , it would be you or Bodhi

Dreams do come true

1luvbigherb

DJXX

Veteran
One of my girlfriends from Santa Cruz, father passed away and she has his seeds from back in the day and said i could have them, so hopefully some of what you are talking about are in them....she always said weed is just different in cali...thats when Colombian and Acapulco Gols was out...she always said my dads weed never had seeds...this is in 1978 or so...so fingers crossed....may Ask Big Herb to help me with them...DJXX

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Sup brother

That's not uptown Haze , I believe it's your hybrid ( Cuban black Haze x A5mirakel Thai ) , similiar Soo it was dubbed that name . Not cool IMO

Much love and respect

1luvbigherb

You're correct.
Kiona farms is growing the CBH x A5/mThai.
That cut has been getting passed around and called PIFF / Uptown Haze.
I agree, not cool.
But....thats the new legal market for ya. Whatever sells.

Cannavore

Veteran
ive only seen kiona call it uptown piff. it is known as bandaid haze (#7) as named by bodhi and found by doc d. havent tried it yet myself but i've heard from a few it rivals the uptown and is a much easier plant to grow than it's parent cuban black haze.

burningfire

Veteran
I thought I'd post about the frankincense aroma.

I'm probably going to build a compendium for aromas, I think the DJ shorts chart is a good start,while it's more simplistic I think it's much better than the GHS flavor wheel, I really don't like what they did with it.

anyway, on to frankincense. I've had frankincense in extract oil, resin and stick form.
here's a list of adjectives I use to describe frankincense

- resinous like pine, while cedar might share some similarities, cedar has a warmth that frankincense doesn't have.
- woody like pencil shavings
- musty that's more of a sum of all other aromas rather than a particular aroma and really what differentiates it from simple pine resin.
- dusty this one is a little hard to describe, it's a nose feel, I think it's related to the woodiness of it.
- Citrus it's not particularly fruity but there's a faint orange smell to it.
- honey there's a tiny hint of sweetness to the resin.

now that's something you will smell in a fresh sample, as it ages, I noticed that the most with the oil I had, it will lose most of it's Citrus-y notes and smell a lot more like turpentine

burningfire

Veteran
Yes, I read something like that a few years ago, it's good information but I found that going by the presence of the terpenes themselves is kind of confusing. obviously concentration affects the final smell but it's such a fine balance.. I smell incense, woody and pine traits in my nepalese... but the typical aromas I associate more with indicas, like the musky and astringent aromas cover the former.

Last edited:

HOVA

Veteran
I would like to see pictures of a recent piff grow
So no one here in 2016 has pics of this haze?

Last edited:

FireIn.TheSky

just got a few packs of chimera's frankies incense haze, what flowering times should i expect form them?

Wrong thread, there is no frankincense in those seeds. You fell victim to a cunning name game just like the suckers that bought his Roadkill skunk that wasnt. You will have to take it to his forum where he will either ignore you, berate you or blow smoke up your ass.

e.T

Cuban black haze x a5/thai outside 37*
7' wide over 10' tall in a 45gal bag with drip irrigation

20161006_174119.jpg

e.T

You're correct.
Kiona farms is growing the CBH x A5/mThai.
That cut has been getting passed around and called PIFF / Uptown Haze.
I agree, not cool.
But....thats the new legal market for ya. Whatever sells.

bodhi named the cut band aid haze. kiona calls it uptown piff.
i prefer cuban black haze x a5/thai.

Latest posts

Latest posts