What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Idea for you Herb, though I would guess you had thought of it. Get some Punto Rojo seeds, and make a mess of f2's. Search thru a bunch of f2 plants for your grail.

I am gonna do that but have to keep plant count down. Colombian Gold had I guess a sandlewood scent? that was back in 79. Not sure if I have ever smelled frankincense or not. Incense is common to Colombians anyways.

DG greener

These are the phenos of the punto rojo x nch3

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

DG greener

So the pics are if I can get this right lol punto rojo haze x nepalese x chitral kush X landrace old timers haze some shit like that i know there was some back cross done before using the punto rojo ...if burningfire can chime in and explain all this wold be great

DG greener

Bigherb send him a pm for me please my account is new and can't send him pm tell him his friend DG that "dominican" didn't forget him that I done as promised ..

Thanks

bigherb

Veteran
Idea for you Herb, though I would guess you had thought of it. Get some Punto Rojo seeds, and make a mess of f2's. Search thru a bunch of f2 plants for your grail.

I am gonna do that but have to keep plant count down. Colombian Gold had I guess a sandlewood scent? that was back in 79. Not sure if I have ever smelled frankincense or not. Incense is common to Colombians anyways.

My opportunities this far have been very limited , outdoor Ny limited. Soo pure sativa/NLD isn't ideal

I've had the same thought but wasn't smart enough to grab the limited stock of Punto rojo when it was available. But I was gifted some Red Gold aka Punto Rojo x Colombian Gold . When the situation is right I will F2 these

From my research you are correct several Colombians are reported to carry the incense trait

Best wishes

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
Bigherb send him a pm for me please my account is new and can't send him pm tell him his friend DG that "dominican" didn't forget him that I done as promised ..

Thanks

Dg

I'm not sure what you are talking about or who you are referring to send a pm to

1luvbigherb

DG greener

Dg

I'm not sure what you are talking about or who you are referring to send a pm to

1luvbigherb

It was to pm burningfire

The phenos I have from these crosses that are punto rojo are the ones smelling more like it at the time in veg I can already tell where it's going

burningfire

Veteran
nice, I am looking forward to seeing more :)
what I sent you were F2s with selected female plants. 2 different phenos from my NCH cross.

nch #3 is the nepal/chitral hashplant, I am making F3s this year with a nepalese pheno, it's musky, sharp, a little incense and a little peach that comes through after the cure

nch #2 is the purple one that had that spot on frankincense smell.

punto rojo #1 x Nch #3 is a speedy punto rojo with insane focus and energy, it didn't smell too strongly maybe a little mango, it was hit with pollen from an nch #3 f2 male.

#3 in veg is citrus/peach, #2 is incense, ginger, dusty.

don't forget frankincense is a resin, so there's a good dose of pinene in there with something like pencil shavings, that's what I smell in #2 in veg

the punto rojo cross could be any mix of the three really, the potency is there, if you find the right plant. hopefully you find something

DG greener

nice, I am looking forward to seeing more :)
what I sent you were F2s with selected female plants. 2 different phenos from my NCH cross.

nch #3 is the nepal/chitral hashplant, I am making F3s this year with a nepalese pheno, it's musky, sharp, a little incense and a little peach that comes through after the cure

nch #2 is the purple one that had that spot on frankincense smell.

punto rojo #1 x Nch #3 is a speedy punto rojo with insane focus and energy, it didn't smell too strongly maybe a little mango, it was hit with pollen from an nch #3 f2 male.

#3 in veg is citrus/peach, #2 is incense, ginger, dusty.

don't forget frankincense is a resin, so there's a good dose of pinene in there with something like pencil shavings, that's what I smell in #2 in veg

the punto rojo cross could be any mix of the three really, the potency is there, if you find the right plant. hopefully you find something

At last my friend your here lol good..there's only 4 of the nch #2 that made it 3 have these crazy character of growth on the stems..can you tell me what's up with this

picture.php

burningfire

Veteran
At last my friend your here lol good..there's only 4 of the nch #2 that made it 3 have these crazy character of growth on the stems..can you tell me what's up with this

View Image
I'll try and keep things to a minimum not to hijack this thread.

I've grown a few throughout the years and about 3 males this year and never really noticed something like that.. it may be due to stress..

shame you didn't get more than 4 going, from a distance it looks fine, it's a lot more delicate than #3 or other kushes which is normal

the structure from the nepalese is a little staggered.. some plants have what I call a thumb..

nepal x chitral

picture.php

nch #2

picture.php

DG greener

I'll try and keep things to a minimum not to hijack this thread.

I've grown a few throughout the years and about 3 males this year and never really noticed something like that.. it may be due to stress..

shame you didn't get more than 4 going, from a distance it looks fine, it's a lot more delicate than #3 or other kushes which is normal

the structure from the nepalese is a little staggered.. some plants have what I call a thumb..

nepal x chitral

View Image

nch #2

View Image

Yes the coco I put seeds in was walkout of ph lower then I expect of that brand so them seeds suffered and lots of stress on the plants too till I was able to stabilize it somewhat hope it was just stress they been neglected as the room is being built for them under 8k watts but since I don't know which are males I'm going to Finnish them in five gallons ...let's move this talk else where to not take over this thread lol I will post tomorrow all the babies and nch3's look short and amazing doing well in soil the rest in coco

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran

I had two moms that were full frankincense haze, from freebie seed I got from DNA, so apt when I flowered them out in a greenhouse and seeded them, I sent the beans of for freebies..I had no more space for them but yeah they looked like that if I can remember, but sativas looks similar in veg. They looked like that though, rather than your other sativa pics you post after. Thin leaves and tight nodes. They had those same thin leaves and the leaf margins were long jagged edges and not short and sharp, also a little bit rounded on their edges but with a point, not sharp, straight lines and pointy like a skunks. I call it the thai leaf margin, as I've noticed it in some thais and their kids, in the cannalopes case I see it breed through to her daughters and grand-daughters and so on. Who knows which parent line it comes from..I've seen that in afghans too along with sharp edges..Anyway, there is some haze in that parent line that is spot on what is described here and must be very closely related to the NY haze, I have never had the piff but can correlate what big herb and others said, there are some hashplant haze girls that pop out that are pretty much as described.

Anyways, the NY haze, what became of the bagseed grows, anyone find her?

Last edited:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I have a freebie that says: Cannalope Haze/HP x Chocolope/Rocklock. Did I win a prize? haha, thanks mjimf

Classic, look in there for incense traits, the mother of those seeds was complete frankincense.. and as stated, shes the also the grandmother of the father so her genes will appear I'm sure..

DG I got you now I think, you reckon you got a cut , kept by someone out of those seeds I sent in..also classic.. :) otherwise if DNA has the same parents, look at the mother line Hashplant haze and I'm sure you'll find it.. The pictures online of the strain all look pretty spot on from what I can remember from the strain so it must be a pretty stable f1, long foxtailing spears that nug up and flower for a long time and lots of orange hairs..The frankincense smell was dominant in both the moms I had.

Also that hash plant haze would foxtail up all purple like the NCH#2 but the buds would swell at the end with orange hairs, with long foxtails dripping out of them..but there is some old haze in there that is responsible for this coming from landraces so keep the search. Beautiful plants by the way!

That Hawaiian haze a few pages back has me drooling..that looks and sounds amazing!

Last edited:

DG greener

Classic, look in there for incense traits, the mother of those seeds was complete frankincense.. and as stated, shes the also the grandmother of the father so her genes will appear I'm sure..

DG I got you now I think, you reckon you got a cut , kept by someone out of those seeds I sent in..also classic.. :) otherwise if DNA has the same parents, look at the mother line Hashplant haze and I'm sure you'll find it.. The pictures online of the strain all look pretty spot on from what I can remember from the strain so it must be a pretty stable f1, long foxtailing spears that nug up and flower for a long time and lots of orange hairs..The frankincense smell was dominant in both the moms I had.

Also that hash plant haze would foxtail up all purple like the NCH#2 but the buds would swell at the end with orange hairs, with long foxtails dripping out of them..but there is some old haze in there that is responsible for this coming from landraces so keep the search. Beautiful plants by the way!

That Hawaiian haze a few pages back has me drooling..that looks and sounds amazing!

I agree the Hash Plant haze cannalope or chocolope w.e cut I got have incense but not the incense we looking for the Hash Plant haze has a really sweet smell but very load smell and your right red long hairs and foxtail the piff incense traits is in it but the sweet takes away from it and smoke blows alittle churchy but not the piff
I know you guys think I'm crazy that the resin is where the aroma is at but I developed a nose and can tell somewhat in veg what the plants are going to smell like and nch#2 is right on so far also not behind is the punto rojo x nch3 like 4 phenos I'm super excited I believe it's in my hands the piff another 2 or so months to its dry and we will see

bigherb

Veteran

Sup brother

Always a pleasure to see you post

I know you got love for Haze , throughout the years you've popped in briefly in the Haze threads . I recall you saying you were going to inquire with Old Santa Cruz heads . I also recall A old Sc Haze cut being used by you in a hybrid aka Jedi or in the Jedi series . I recall seeing a pic of blueberry cross or blue dream cross extreme haze pheno but reportedly nannered

Btw is my recollection accurate lol ?

I'd love to hear more about your cut of or info on any Haze still floating around Sc

That's not uptown Haze , I believe it's your hybrid ( Cuban black Haze x A5mirakel Thai ) , similiar Soo it was dubbed that name . Not cool IMO

That interview you did was dope , the new projects and all your effort appreciated . I hope you drop in more often when you have time

Much love and respect

1luvbigherb

Latest posts

Latest posts