What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
OLD Rootbeer clove frankensesnse haze
picture.php

bigherb

Veteran
Unknown Really old Haze from Hawaii

From the mentioned taste/aromas it sounds like an old Haze

The indoor pic seems abit more mature then the outdoor but it's really a Gorgeous plant . I'd love too see the outdoor fully mature . I'm also curious too see some dry bud shots

If you have any other info on this Haze , I'd love to hear it . Such as Any idea what year she might be from ? Flowering time in/ out ? Difference from in / out ?

Thanks for sharing

1luvbigherb

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I sent in some bean for freebies a long time back, after reading most of this thread I realize that the Hash Plant/Haze mother in one of the crosses, that I tossed (oops) was pretty spot on all your desciptions.. The frankincense would not be the dominant flavor, the flavor, spicy.fuel and maybe a bit berry, but the scent of the stuff would just be pure overwhelming frankencense, when you lit a smoke the whole room would smell like a church or if you mistakenly brushed past a plant in flower you didn't need to see which one it was..It look at least 12 weeks to flower, cannot remember how much longer. The buds were all haze and no hash plant, foxtails that just foxtailed forever, and went a deep maroon and raspberry color at the end. Beautiful weed but not what I was looking for at the time. High was racy and strong and as one friend said that I gave it too, it felt like it was laced with speed and a mild psychedelic.

If anyone saved any of those freebies, which were a HashPlant/Hazex Chocolope/Rocklock, there should be a mother leaning pheno I'm sure, the mother is related to the grandmother line of the father from the chocolope and that rocklock line introduced has a very strong high. There should be something there with a church incense and long flower/foxtailing and heart pounding high, if one hunts..

DG greener

I sent in some bean for freebies a long time back, after reading most of this thread I realize that the Hash Plant/Haze mother in one of the crosses, that I tossed (oops) was pretty spot on all your desciptions.. The frankincense would not be the dominant flavor, the flavor, spicy.fuel and maybe a bit berry, but the scent of the stuff would just be pure overwhelming frankencense, when you lit a smoke the whole room would smell like a church or if you mistakenly brushed past a plant in flower you didn't need to see which one it was..It look at least 12 weeks to flower, cannot remember how much longer. The buds were all haze and no hash plant, foxtails that just foxtailed forever, and went a deep maroon and raspberry color at the end. Beautiful weed but not what I was looking for at the time. High was racy and strong and as one friend said that I gave it too, it felt like it was laced with speed and a mild psychedelic.

If anyone saved any of those freebies, which were a HashPlant/Hazex Chocolope/Rocklock, there should be a mother leaning pheno I'm sure, the mother is related to the grandmother line of the father from the chocolope and that rocklock line introduced has a very strong high. There should be something there with a church incense and long flower/foxtailing and heart pounding high, if one hunts..

Is this your cut
picture.php

bigherb

Veteran
It's sounds like all the above mentioned crosses are possible and they originally come from DNA genetics

The Hashplant Haze went by Hollywood Hashplant haze if I recall for a moment . Its origins are Shantibaba ., he did a give away years ago in Spain . Too think of it now not sure why shanti never futher worked that line and sold seeds

Dna also used a Hashplant, in annunaki . I got a MMG x cannalope Haze

1luvbigherb

FireIn.TheSky

Those strains might have a frankincense smell, but they are not the strain being discussed in this thread. The strain being discussed here dates back long before any of those strains about about. This is why I lean towards dutch haze or some sort of columbian hybrid, not new school genetics like those mentioned.

DG greener

Those strains might have a frankincense smell, but they are not the strain being discussed in this thread. The strain being discussed here dates back long before any of those strains about about. This is why I lean towards dutch haze or some sort of columbian hybrid, not new school genetics like those mentioned.

I hear ya this hash plant cross haze I have is so close but only like 20% of the smell is in it mostly smells sweat and fruity overall when burns smells like it a little so does blue dream.the close I came was arjans haze #3 which he says he cross loas and pure haze this other one was Alaskan ice smelled like jack herra but hints of piff smell was there when it burned

DG greener

I do have something cooking right now with some seeds from a friend here and the piff smell is in veg so far he did good breeding
Thanks burningfire I will post all pics shortly

bigherb

Veteran
Some years back when I first got into cannabis and the history, Green house seeds interest me . Many Haze varieties with incense in the descriptions ( my true love ) and many cup wins ( eye catching to the average joe).

I've been to Adam several times not once did I experience a GH strain which I thought to be incense like / similar to any NYC Haze with the exception of Hashplant Haze . Which after inquiring with Franco it was not in there library but from the fellas in S. Holland.

HPH is the closest strain I've tasted to NYC Haze along with the cup winning G13Haze which later reported by reef to be Ab G13 x Nevilles Haze , but in another post he says its Nevils G13HzC x G13HzC from soma via Nevils Sb seeds . He Also states barneys not honest and stock could be his F1 aka Airborne G13 x NH x G13HzC from soma

Fire in the sky

If anyone is familiar with my thoughts I don't believe it's anything 90's Dutch and possibly bagseed from Santa Cruz Original Haze

But the above mentioned genetics have been reported to produce incense / NYC haze type plants and are not exactly new school. HPH is pre 90's C99 is jack herrer genetics and is reported cannalope haze genetics which is in chocolope along with 80's chocolate Thai . The warlock from rock lock is a 89 skunk Afghani cross .

While I would not look in these genetics I think certain combinations can produce these traits and they have been reported

Food for thought

1luvbigherb

DG greener

Your right bigherb...so I have these cross that's punto rojo cross with nepalese x chitral if I got that right and not sure where the smell coming from but I'm holding the smell in veg so expecting bloom to be more intense

bigherb

Veteran
So the landrace haze columbian punto rojo crosses are the ones carrying the incense that I'm holding Imo

I share the same opinion since the Gold pheno of Santa Cruz Original Haze aka Punto rojo was known to carry a sandlewood trait .

1luvbigherb

Latest posts

Latest posts