What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
@TT
Never seen uptown haze that looked anything like that when I was getting it around '04-'10. I'm sure environmental factors can play a huge role, and I could've been getting 'fake' stuff for years, I guess.
That looks waaaay too dense to be any haze I've ever seen. The structure of those buds looks incredibly indica, or at least something 50/50 I/S. Looks like you got something similar that, at least from your description, fits some of the characteristics of the old uptown, but is probably not it.

Either way, good herb is good herb. Glad its doin ya right.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
TT,

Piff is lighter green than what you posted. What you posted looks like modern NL/Haze - that dark green from the afghan, like a late-90's SSH. Real Piff is brighter, just like the Colombians that were used to breed it.
Wrong pistil color as well.

bigherb

Veteran
Haze after 02 was not the Raw , it was a shadow of the Franks before things folded .

IMO reference to NYC Haze as piff just shows if your an old Haze head or a younger cat , who hadn't really seen the best .

IMO and the Crew the Gold Brown ish was best if it anint church it anint fire , if it anint Gold no bank roll .

Everything is subjective, in reguards to the look of NYC Haze , I've seen countless different types , there were/ are several cuts

It's gonna look different depending on cut , grows , storage , ETC . Way back coz would put his stash tucked in his boxer draws . Riding the A train with s fat sack by his sack , Soo it looked denser then before it was compressed for hiding

1luvbigherb

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I currently have a bit of NL5HZ (referred to as Neville haze) that smells like church incense, a smell so strong that it is almost unpleasant (to me, some friends love it)...

Starduster

Maybe this has been suggested before...

If you really want to hunt it out, my suggestion is to chemically feminize all the known cuts then pollinate them to themselves enough to make a large population of seeds. Then run several 100 at a time, preferably under the same conditions/food as the original. Take clones or tissue cultures of each before flowering them. Label everything and document your observations.

If you can track down the Piff flower, have samples of the stem of the true Piff flower genetically tested to begin to chart out its possible known parents, siblings and offspring. I would also have terpene and cannabinoid profile tests done. This will be important down the road to compare.

Burt

Veteran
There’s a couple of problems with your helpful approach Star
First of all, the cuts are very tightly held and so it’s hard to even get ones grubby paws on her and secondly, the piff crew is responsible for well over 20 murders so theres bad juju associated with her.
It’s best to find your own haze imo

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
its columbian , and columbians are not that rare .... if the market demanded it would be around more. , but most have never got to try it ...

man i have been keeping track of this thread forever lol, where I'm from this shit was around forever growing up this was what was considered fire .if it wasn't the piff/church it was that old school wet beaster. if anyone has any thoughts on how some one like me (an old school haze head) could land this i would be stoked. i know those Dominican cats held this shit like a holy grail and you can see why they made sure no beans ever got out i only got one my whole life and it was before i ventured in to things lol. love how we all reminisce on it. if i ever got it i would share the love people need to have this at least once in there life. ever since the whole mmi thing this shit fell off.

Rgd

Veteran
its columbian , and columbians are not that rare .... if the market demanded it would be around more. , but most have never got to try it ...

that may be true..but any colombians i have grown[ indoors ]were either tall tall skinny long flower twigs on a stick..i love growing hard to grow sativas..these kick my ass
or shorter manageable
those plants that had decent buds on them..easy nice buzz..but not visibly like piff

any piff photos look like haze...or at least nl/5 haze ..haze dominant

Feb2006er

I have the Hialeah cut and the NY cut. Pretty sure they are the same as they are identical in veg. IDGAF about murders or threats. I’m an Iraq veteran that lived through some of the worst shit there and in the cocaine era. I have close friends still living in Colombia and collecting land races. If people want the piff I’ll get it out there soon. I’m still looking for my old Silver Haze. I know jd4083 had it in NC. Does anyone know how to find him or have seen the strain?