What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

Buby

Beautiful pics and great work. I know its an old thread but for those interested in in that uptown haze, I was told by a Dominican brother that grew uptop it was a nl5/haze pheno. Nice to see others have also heard the same.

Bless

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Maybe that might have no concern, but i get couples cut of the "Montreal candy jack"

I was expecting a skunky smell, but no! They are in veg, and even when light goes off. I can smell it, lovely incense smell who remind me a bit of catholic church! (don't hang much there these days)

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Nice to see all the haze lovers still holding strong

Last year i was lucky enough to come across the most incredible plant ive ever grown , or smoked..This is pheno #11 of topdawgs african haze..This pheno was selected from a dozen or so phenos from a good friend of mine. It leans towards the haze side of the cross

Im from south florida and grew up smoking nothing but haze. Mostly black and silver haze, which was all moved up the 195 corridor up to nyc..I know for a fact many people that refer to both these cuts as what they know as piff or puday...Point of bringing this up is, this #11 african haze is an absolute black haze replica, but better...Its perfectly done in 70 days, yields like a hog (3 a light could easily be done with her) and has a better high than the black haze, better bag appeal while similar looking, but same taste and smell..the high on this pheno is the pinnacle of what i look for in cannabis..if i had to smoke one thing the rest of my life, this would be it without a second thought..i have all the big name hyped cuts and this drags them through the dirt...its always the jar that goes empty first...this shit is like crack...all NE heads that have seen it call it straight puday and prefer it well over the hazes from florida that are circulated in NY...i was on the hunt for years for a haze that was like the haze from the 90s/early 2000, and after getting a hold of this my search is over...i keep 3 mothers of this at all times, thats how special it is. The smell will bomb out a room just like real haze..I could go on and on about this plant..it is however pretty difficult to grow. stretches 5x in flower, light sensitive and nute sensitive. The way it grows and smokes it looks like a 90-100 day haze, but the fact its fully done at 70, makes this the holy grail of holy grails to me..so much so that im setting up a permanent light of it so i always have some flowering and my jar never runs out . Im in the process of getting ready to reverse her to back up her genes even more

View Image
View Image

This u bud?nugs look proper

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Aug20 2016 block work

Aug20 2016 block work

Passed through 178 late last night grabbed a bunch of these .... Sealed stringy floral incense....

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
2.2 40

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 34

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Shit it won't let me post the pic of the bag dumped out I'll try again later ... It's not much on the eyes but smokes way better then she looks .... I'd compare it to a fat chick with no gag reflex ... Definitely good for sumthin...

SourDank

Veteran
I have some Bandaid Haze x Dread Bread I just started that I'm hoping to find a nice hazey beast from. (CBHxA5/Thai)x(ColumbianxAfghani), seems like a decent place to look :biggrin:

steamgod

Uptown Haze?

Uptown Haze?

As far as I know any time I've bought haze from an uptown source it must have a specific scent. I have been reading these forums for years like weirdo and decided to finally jump in to help the piff cause. I'm no grower but a true lover and my life resolves around having the best possible desired strain in my possession at all times, it's been 15 years high straight lol. Now for one to say they have haze, piff, puday, uptown or church it simply either is or isn't based off that distinct basement incense frankincense swamp forest piss gas smell, but it's that frankincense note that is in distinguishable. I rarely noticed the topic of teaxutre but every time I get a good uptown source the piff always has a very consistent feel. Recently I've seen extremely wispy and super duper fluffy buds covered in long redishbbrown & white blondish hairs. This haze is so fluffy, to break it up you can just sprinkle it between your fingers, super incense piff frank smell love her! This strain leaves tons of keef and hairs behind after break up & is the one I'm currently smoking to date. Another haze strain I have seen about 2 months ago was less incensey with a slight skunk, the plant was more stick to ur fingers and denser but still fluffy compared to the standards strains in circulation. The plants that come from uptown are so well keep, they aren't always perfectly manicured but they are always grown properly. Both of these have great highs, infinity uplifting. You can take a couple pulls and be functional or smoke a full Dutch or joint or vape bags and get really lost in ur head. Sadly haze was put to the side when the mainstream blew up over sour in the mid 2000s. The sour was fire and was so loud that people switched up, plus haze an in the know type weed and is a hassle to get (for most people). Now being a seasoned smoker that loves to read made me get back to older smokes like haze bc now I know of its origins and inceptions thanks to all you guys. If the average smoker knew they would only look for haze bc it's so much cheaper than it should be for what goes into the creation of top shelf piff, it's so cheap today and it's always on point if you know the right person. I know there's talks on how haze was better earlier in NYC around the millennium but I feel it's very close today. Only reason I can say this in confidence is because the weed must have that haze smell to even be called haze in my book no substitutes or exceptions, like big herb says if you ain't smoking incense it's nonsense. After reading dozens of posts all over multiple forum sites, reading every seedbanks descriptions, googling haze keywords for days like a posted stalker, exhausting leafy & smoking this dope daily... the real question I have is what is the deal with uptown and how the haze game really works (who are the gods whom make this potion like clockwork) & if an old timer smoked today's haze would it be reminiscent of those days back in Cali in the 70s like the stories say? My reasearch leads me to these beliefs and questions. Best way to solve this debacle is to all meet up and smoke together and compare & share.

PS- all I used to smoke was haze back in the early 2000s before sour came around, I have always went back to haze because she was my first exotic. The haze that comes from NYC must be some very experienced operation bc it's always very consistently the same for over a decade! I'm curious to see if it's this black haze that's coming from Florida, what's the texture of that bud... How does it feel and break up?

steamgod

Personally I have never had the privilege to have a farm to table type experience when sampling strains bc of logistics here in ny, so I couldn't say. But there's a standard to the hazers of uptown and all over whom know what to look for, that unmistakable frankincense twang. i could only speak on the uptown haze and I would be unable to compare bc I have never had old timers or O haze, that's the question though.

im starting to think what you guys are talking about has got to be bagseed haze. but not the terminology that gets associated with the name bagseed. good find

steamgod

im starting to think what you guys are talking about has got to be bagseed haze. but not the terminology that gets associated with the name bagseed. good find
It is a bagseed haze... in a way, only thing is that the frankincense Piff twang will always be in the bag. Whomever controls the bags uptown has good standards bc it's very consistent. I wish there was a way to find out what the genetics are bc there is no other weed out here in NY that smells like church. The strains or cuts vary bc the buds are always a little diff throughout the year, right now it's whispy and tropical with a swampy church bag smell, and more of a musty Piff taste on burn.

I just wish I had more haze experience outside of NYC because this haze is never sweet and only frankincense swampy smelling, but other areas of the world think haze should taste sweet... But based off my research early hazes are the opposite.

This is why I came to a place where there are enthusiast to research further. The weed that's called haze here, that the streets and myself consider haze must smell/taste like Piff or it's not haze. What are tell tale signs of the early hazes that are closer to pure genetics, something that resembles the earliest of haze smokes in the US?

What's the standard to Haze?