What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

FireIn.TheSky

Vernalization I have never seen mentioned of modern nl5haze smelling like frankiscense.

I have had it myself, I know what strain it is and it isn't nl5haze.

I've done extensive research on haze varieties and have seen no one say nl5hz from sensi smells that way.

It could be a really old nl5hz but not what is being sold today. And mns nl5hz is not the same either it's a modern rendition of an old strain.

However OJD says he has an old nl5haze cut that is frankiscense I just got some of his 90s haze to try out even though I know the old frankie shit is a different strain.

Actually from what I have seen frankinscence can be found in a few different strains but the quality of the plants themselves varies.

The best of the best has 5 star bag appeal and Frankie smell, you can also find wispy ugly buds that carry the same smell but don't look nearly as nice.

FireIn.TheSky

had what yourself? well what strain is it? so ojd has a nl5xhaze cut that smells like frankies. but you just stated its not? im confused .

OJDs nl5 haze is over 20 years old and is from neville himself.

It's been well documented that sensi strains today are not the same as they were 20 plus years ago. There has been busts and parental stock has been lost or changed.

As for the strains I believe it is from I'm not going to say, it is extremely rare phenos people will buy a pack grow 2 and come back and call me a liar. We are talking 1 in a 100 phenos here, not easy to come by.

I'll show y all when I have it in hand again.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran

It's been well documented that sensi strains today are not the same as they were 20 plus years ago. There has been busts and parental stock has been lost or changed.

Pretty sure the Dronkers still have the original parents that made up the NL#5 x Haze, they have a fairly tight setup for maintaining mothers.

I'm not saying there has been no change to their stock, just that the parents that made this cross seem to be the same as they were long ago. Perhaps the variation being seen is a result of within family variation.

My buddy screened a few packs of this in the last couple of years and found a really nice and unique plant I will be working further, so gems still do exist in the line.

Coughie

So there's a slim chance it could be a phenotype of some Sensi NL5/Haze F4's I might be holding...
Originally purchased by an old Coot everyone seems to know of, sometime around '88?

So I do or dont have a chance at finding frankincense/Frankie in these ? Generally speaking, of course...

bigherb

Veteran
Pretty sure the Dronkers still have the original parents that made up the NL#5 x Haze, they have a fairly tight setup for maintaining mothers.

I'm not saying there has been no change to their stock, just that the parents that made this cross seem to be the same as they were long ago. Perhaps the variation being seen is a result of within family variation.

My buddy screened a few packs of this in the last couple of years and found a really nice and unique plant I will be working further, so gems still do exist in the line.

I don't know if F1 5Hz can be made any more. I doubt it, but a number of MNS strains are made with the best daughters. These too will one day die and these seeds will be the stuff of legends. Haven't you got any saved in your fridge for the future? Maybe you are counting on the era of prohibition ending before more gets lost in busts and calamities. Good luck with that!
N
P.S. Any one got any well stored NL5Hz F1s from the '80s or early '90s? They might be worth a bit of money!

Another quote from Nevil below

I have explained this earlier. I have been stuck in Australia for 5 years (Departure Prohibition Order). Last week I got an extraction of the Court Orders proving I'm free to travel again. I've only been able to smoke some of the MN strains lately. I'm very impressed with the Mango Haze.
SB and I have collaborated on which lines to put together, but we are all reliant on his good taste in selections. We are in good hands.
Line breeding to the existent Haze strains is something that we have been working on for quite a long time and I'm pleased with the results that have been achieved, but my focus is to collect and bring something new to the party as well as finding a non HzA or HzC line that would reinforce the best of the Haze in the NH. Things are looking good.
Everybody who's anybody in this game faces calamity at some point. While some cutting were lost, we are still in a very strong position with our genetics. In all honesty, I don't believe that anyone else could come close to what we've got. It seems that some of you agree with me.
N.

The post are not very specific , but saying he doesn't know if F1 can be made and cuttings were lost . It's most likely that he refers to both the dronkers and shanti , Not having the parents . Why would he ask anyone for F1s , if the parents are accessible. He gave Bonk and probably others in the south holland crew the HzC , along with the other clone only's which is where I believe his I don't know thought comes from . I imagine it being easier to contact both Ben and shanti as oppose too old friends in holland

I've pondered after all these years if the HzC is still alive why hasn't another F1 been made using the legendary male from either seed company

1luvbigherb

Reactions: OSS

bigherb

Veteran

As for the strains I believe it is from I'm not going to say, it is extremely rare phenos people will buy a pack grow 2 and come back and call me a liar. We are talking 1 in a 100 phenos here, not easy to come by.

I'll show y all when I have it in hand again.

It's laughable when someone says I know but won't say . Your not the first but it adds nothing positive to the convo or community and is irrelevant to the topic . It actually shows bad character but your not the first .

I don't care about others opinion as I've been doubted many times in the past . But it's understandable to name a strain or strains and say it's a rare pheno

BTW
If you have done your research the STU pheno is reported to be frankincense

1luvbigherb

FireIn.TheSky

I'd be called a liar. I shit you not it's as rare as it gets.

You will not find it in multiple packs of seeds. I have been trying to find it again since 2008.

I don't know if the genetics have been changed since then but I have not seen it since then.

Let me tell you when I had it it was fucking epic, excellent bag appeal, killer smell, killer taste and killer high. Truly one of a kind it's been an obsession since then.

I'm running 90s haze now, I'll see how it does although I won't be able to get over that mental hurdle knowing it has sssdh in it.

bigherb

Veteran

No disrespect

But I have to say it

I find it , not sure the right word or words , odd , funny , interesting. That you post in a Frankie's thread , but still haven't elaborated on your own NYC Haze bagseed parent / Frank's Haze / Frankie's incense Haze

Is assuming that you believe the NYC Haze to be related to sensi seed stock doing too much . I'd say it's fitting considering your reply in this thread

Please remember Chim and Fam it's been about 14 months since you told me/ posted when you had time you would give us a detailed breakdown. Just a reminder I'm not being a troll

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
I'd be called a liar. I shit you not it's as rare as it gets.

You will not find it in multiple packs of seeds. I have been trying to find it again since 2008.

I don't know if the genetics have been changed since then but I have not seen it since then.

Let me tell you when I had it it was fucking epic, excellent bag appeal, killer smell, killer taste and killer high. Truly one of a kind it's been an obsession since then.

I'm running 90s haze now, I'll see how it does although I won't be able to get over that mental hurdle knowing it has sssdh in it.

I can relate , it seems like I shouldn't respond but I say it once more

You still don't get it this post aswell as the others is unnecessary . If stock is sold , why would you not mention where the possibility can be found . Soo others who share your likes / interest / passion may find it

Those 100 seeds would be grown out quicker by multiple growers then just yourself , maybe someone will spread the love

1luvbigherb

HOVA

Veteran
To be honest i havent seen that incense haze since knock out was out in the sealed baggies
Ive seen a lot of pretty work
Just nothing close to that gold block work

FireIn.TheSky

Oh you know what vernalization I got confused, the research I did was on silver haze, so I don't know about nl5haze.

The only thing I know for sure is mns nl5haze is not that great as it is different than sensis.

To be clear I am not claiming I had piff aka uptown I had a haze that smelled exactly like frankiscense, it was a plant I had personally it was never sold I found it in seeds.

What ever is sold as uptown I have no fucking idea, I know frankiscense.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
No disrespect

I find it , not sure the right word or words , odd , funny , interesting. That you post in a Frankie's thread , but still haven't elaborated on your own NYC Haze bagseed parent / Frank's Haze / Frankie's incense Haze

I honestly didn't realize which thread this was, I just noticed some incorrect info and posted what I know to be the truth as I understand it. I'm not going to distract from this thread though with talk of our products and get caught up in a bunch of discussion about things that aren't related to our seeds, it's not my intention to go around this circle again.

If you want to have a discussion about the Incense Haze you know where my forum is.

Is assuming that you believe the NYC Haze to be related to sensi seed stock doing too much . I'd say it's fitting considering your reply in this thread

I'd say assumptions are always a weird play rather than just asking the info. In case that's the inference, I don't know the heritage of the seeds behind our Incense Haze which I have made clear from the beginning, but it's definitely not related to the NL#5 x Haze plant that my friend selected. These are very different plants, very different terpene profiles. Nothing alike.

I also don't know the heritage of the Piffy bags from NYC but I am sure one of the Piff smokers here could easily send along some DNA samples from a series of bags procured over weeks and we could come to a pretty good idea what the closest relations are, unless everyone just wants to speculate?

Please remember Chim and Fam it's been about 14 months since you told me/ posted when you had time you would give us a detailed breakdown. Just a reminder I'm not being a troll

1luvbigherb

Come on by the forum bigherb and post away, I've already posted pics and given a description of what I know about the plants but if you have specific questions you want to ask feel free.

-Chimera

FireIn.TheSky

The longest hunted pheno ever.

I honestly feel that the genetics of the strain in question have been lost or changed.

I found my special plant in 2 seeds almost 10 years ago. I have not seen anyone find a plant like that one since. I also have not found anything close to it since.

I did find a frankinscence like plant recently in another haze but the bag appeal was crappy and it was very long flowering. Nice smoke poor looks. The once in a life time plant I had finished it 10 weeks and have very high calyx to leaf ratio and no ugly hair. It had a little more pine mixed into the frankinscence smell, the one I had years ago was 100% frankiscense.

To me the plant I want again has very nice looks it's not wispy and hairy, it had excellent resin. Me personally if it doesn't have excellent resin I look elsewhere.

bigherb

Veteran
I honestly didn't realize which thread this was, I just noticed some incorrect info and posted what I know to be the truth as I understand it. I'm not going to distract from this thread though with talk of our products and get caught up in a bunch of discussion about things that aren't related to our seeds, it's not my intention to go around this circle again.

If you want to have a discussion about the Incense Haze you know where my forum is

Come on by the forum bigherb and post away, I've already posted pics and given a description of what I know about the plants but if you have specific questions you want to ask feel free.

-Chimera

My love of Frankie's is clear , I hope my intention of asking questions is also

Please check - Frankie's incense Haze thread

That's where I posted my questions long ago and just added a few more

1luvbigherb

Latest posts

Latest posts